Taleworlds hosting, the problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a rant straight up and I'm probably making a fool of my self but whatever.

As we all know by now TW is hosting an event, which is great and all but my problem is when I ask for a server for its clans in the game. The people who kept Warband going as a game for more than 5 years, with custom servers, modding, and scripts to bring us things like bot survival, zombies, and more game modes that we all love. I didn't think it was much when I asked for TW to host an event for the clans as we are all stuck in a situation of we have nothing to do so what do they say?

5ec9093e37167895994e74517cd41394.png

Now granted, don't get me wrong, I understand how hard it must be for TW to host a server that has to deal with updates every day. And to leave that to another team to work with or the consent having of sending updates to other companies to have working servers, its just too much work. This is why I think they haven't handed the servers to the public sector yet. But that's why in my message, I asked for them to host the server...

295c4ee78c8298c136ab7905d4b74336.png

Like I really understand their a point, but I send another msg and no response after 2 days, and so I drop it because I guess we will just have to wait. I'll ask again later maybe when the patches start to slow down, but then I see it.

5fcfb5ec65faedce03019206ec3098c5.png

First off, it's one thing to tell us, no, but then to go and do the exact same thing we just asked you to do 2 days over...
say sike rn
It's just absurd, see the clans already get nothing for TW we never have and its fine the games enough but to hand it over to some group which could bring little to no one.
The M&B bannerlord fan group tried to host an event for mount and blade 3 years ago and only got 100 people... my clan can bring more than that... and it has 69k people in it! Now, this event will not flop, it's the first, it will be fine enough people will go to it. My point is the fact that your TW is not recognizing or rewarding the people who kept this game alive and instead is just favoring the public side. Again there's nothing wrong with that we just want something too. :sad:

The message here is not to take away their event and make it for the dedicated side of the community, we just want something that's our own which i dont think is really hard to ask for.

TL: DR TW just said no to the clans hosting an event and then hosted a event 2 days later - clans mad

Good luck hosting 50 servers for clans. It's just not doable.

You don't have to look at reddit as a clan. You have to see it as a chance for people from singleplayer to go to multiplayer. This is what i guess taleworlds is hoping for

Good luck hosting 50 servers for clans. It's just not doable.

You don't have to look at reddit as a clan. You have to see it as a chance for people from singleplayer to go to multiplayer. This is what i guess taleworlds is hoping for
the problem with that though is that the server will have a password so unless one is associated with the discord they cant get in.

well i mean i guess that kinda applies but it doesn't help the whole

I get the frustration as I'm also a part of a clan, but I had a chat with some clan mates and we agree this situation is for the best. Can you really blame Callum or the rest TW staff for not wanting to favor individual clan groups or regions with these organised events for the time being? Imagine they agree to host for your clan and OCE or EU or SA or whoever then also start petitioning for servers (which is totally justified), you get an idea of the can of worms that they're opening on themselves if they start catering towards that right now. The situation with them hosting via reddit is for the best because:

- Taleworlds won't be trying to negotiate who they host for and who they don't host for (you said yourself your clan has 69k people, how many other clans are like that in EU & NA?)
- It's a good test run for them to see how hosting these events go during EA(maybe they will change their mind in the future? We have no idea unless they say)
- It's pretty hands-off because people on reddit will mostly turn up, do some random stuff and have fun, then log off. It's not like there are going to be any rules or guidelines like regular native events.

One thing I hope they have considered (and this is where it can get messy) is that clans who are ****ty with TW can potentially try and hijack this event. It is really simple for one person to hover in the discord, grab the password ASAP, and then spam it to their clan. Suddenly instead of having a casually organised event of 120 people, you have hardcore clan guys in the event who ruin it for the singleplayer onlies (which further reinforces their bias against MP).

I hope that the passionate people here just observe, see how it goes, and leave it. We're already making it clear (with daily comments and discussions) our dissatisfaction with current MP.

Last edited:
This is meant to bring more people to multiplayer rather than keep it internal to clans. Taleworlds likely won't host clan events because they are individually focused and require individual attention from taleworlds employees until custom servers are out.

There also seems to be server limitations with taleworlds hosting events, and a larger public event such as this is an excellent testing opportunity.

First off, it's one thing to tell us, no, but then to go and do the exact same thing we just asked you to do 2 days over...
Depends who asking each time I guess. Reddit epic butter harlaus feast posters got a big thank you from our community manager when EA was released and servers for their event. The modders and community tournament organizers who've worked hard here on Warband MP for years? No.

Z9uj7qu.jpg

The event is going to have to be babysat by TaleWorlds. They aren't just giving the subreddit guys a server and leaving it running 24/7. The subreddit mods have no administrator access or even a way to change the game mode without someone from TW making the adjustments and restarting the server. This is like a test run for events, it's not something they are able to do on a mass scale yet.

Back
Top Bottom