Taleworlds Forum Victoria 2 Grand Campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Almalexia

Her Flamboyance, the Calipha
Duke
TW Victoria 2 Grand Campaign:
tumblr_oldk3keFeb1qzix81o1_1280.jpg

Welcome, gentlemen and ladies, to the Concert of Europe. Come, choose your partner, your instrument, and let us play such beautiful music of glory, battle, and death. Let the most skilled of us take the bow of honor at curtain's fall.

It has been more than twenty years since the Hero, the Tyrant, and the Conqueror, Napoleon Bonaparte, was at last defeated and exiled from the shores of European civilization and cast upon the barren rock of St. Helena to live out the last of his days a stranded eagle, a fate tragic and symbolic, befitting the best of the classic Greek epics. In his absence, the French Revolution was cast down at last, and the Bourbons restored for the third time, while Great Britain unfolds in metallic glory as the champion of industrial might and commercial hegemony, cloaked in coal-smoke and shod in railway steel. Continental Europe meanwhile is quickly following in its path, and all in due course turn their eyes to foreign shores the world over to secure much needed raw resources to feed the nascent industrial might of European civilization. Joined by rising powers such as the United States, while formerly mighty empires in the East crumble, technology races ahead at a meteoric rate, while society itself struggles or triumphs in its efforts to keep up, all the while remembering the ideals of martyred revolutions and the cause of the increasingly downtrodden laborers and poor. Jacobin and Bonapartist ideology simmers still among its ashes, waiting for the opportunity to rise phoenix-like anew, while new and dangerous ideas coalesce under the aegis of names like Anarchism, Communism, and Fascism, biding their time to overthrow our world of Monarchs and Empires.

This is our age, Maestro. Your people look to you to lead them through it, and bring them to such glories of martial victories, industry, and refined culture the likes of which they could have scarcely conceived. Forestall disaster and bring them triumphs, and they shall adore you: fail, and they will topple you from your bloody throne and cast your head into the furious masses. Through it all, a new world awaits, of new orders and new economies transforming your country from within, and of exploration to the last blank spots on the map to conquer mysterious, uncontacted nations on the farthest and darkest corners of the Earth, to forge a novel and more glorious Empire.

To this end, ladies and gentlemen: I wish you good fortune, and Godspeed, to us all in these days of troubles and triumphs. Nations and Empires alike salute you.

tumblr_o996ni7dBk1qc21tao1_1280.jpg

Formalities aside now, leaders of Europe and the world, we get to business. We will be running Victoria 2 with all expansions and with the Pops Demand Mod (PDM), so make sure to download it, and delete the mapcache before the game begins to prevent any issues with starting on time or maintaining connections. We'll be starting at the beginning on the earliest start date. Players are free to pick whichever countries they choose, but we obviously prefer to get at least most of the majors filled if possible for a more balanced and enjoyable game.

Those interested, take the template below, and fill it out in your "application" post for the game.

Name:
Steam Name:
Country Preference(s):
Timezone : (GMT, EST, etc.)
Availability: (If you are only available to play during certain times during the weekend, or certain days, make note of it here)
Notes, rule requests, comments:

The Grand Roster:
1. Almalexia (Bavaria/France)
2. Wulfburk (Empire of Brazil/Two Sicilies/Ottoman Empire)
3.  Pixel (Spain/Colombia/Austria)
4.  Bobtheheros (Two-Sicilies)
5.  Titantoe (Russia/Mexico/Sweden)
6.  Urgrevling (Prussia/China)
7.  Dystopian (USA/Japan)
8.  Marowit (UK/France)
10.​

As the EU4 game has the timeslot for Saturday, we will most likely be running Sunday games for Victoria, starting at 2pm EST. If you cant make that day at all, we can see if we can't move it around to perhaps Friday or another day. I can't make any guarantees in that regards though.

If we get things processed with applications quickly enough, by tomorrow, we might start this weekend, otherwise we will likely begin next weekend on March 19th. So try and get your applications in as soon as possible! Otherwise, see you ladies and gents on the fields of Europe soon!

Name: Wulfburk
Steam Name:  Wulfburk
Country Preference(s):  Empire of Brazil, Two Sicilies, Ottoman Empire.
Timezone : (GMT, EST, etc.)  GMT -3
Availability: Can play on almost all sundays, saturdays not so much. So i prefer sunday.

Will we be playing with the Vicky 2 beta 3.04 patch? Latest PDM is compatible.

Wulfburk said:
Will we be playing with the Vicky 2 beta 3.04 patch? Latest PDM is compatible.

Is it now? I know the Concert of Europe submod is for the beta 3.04 patch. Is that a recent thing? If so, then yes.

oh yeah i was talking about the concert of europe submod, sorry. IDK if normal pdm is compatible.

Though honestly id prefer with concert of europe submod... Its 15 extra years!

Its a little... unstable, however, with a fair share of bugs and CTDs, so I'm a little hesitant to use it for a multiplayer game.

Name: Bobthehero
Steam Name: 2 letters
Country Preference(s): Glorious Italy
Timezone : (GMT, EST, etc.): EST
Availability: (If you are only available to play during certain times during the weekend, or certain days, make note of it here): Not avaiable on Sundays and Thursdays nights. Might have to drop for a job.

Name: Titantoe
Steam Name: Titantoe
Country Preference(s): Russia, Pixel's homeland (Mexico), Sweden
Timezone : GMT +0
Availability: (If you are only available to play during certain times during the weekend, or certain days, make note of it here)

Alright, updated now. I just put you down for Sardinia-Piedmont atm, Bob, let me know if you had another Italian state in mind.

Name: Urgrevling
Steam Name: Grevling
Country Preference(s): Prussia or China
Timezone : (GMT, EST, etc.) GMT +1
Availability: Probably good

Yeah you gotta have both expansions i think. Also if you have the beta patch you gotta revert on steam. Hopefully that wont screw up my Concert of europe campaign though....

Just to clarify we aren't using the beta patch right. I don't even know what that is.

My selection is already on the roster since I told Alma of it in private but I figure I'll apply anyway, especially as I want to switch it a little bit.

Name: Pixel
Steam Name: Pixel
Country Preference(s): Spain, Colombia, Austria*
Timezone : GMT-8 (PST)
Availability: Mostly everyday, early in the morning or early afternoon. Which is evening for euros
My original first choice was Colombia, but as Wulfburk is going Brazil and to be honest I don't play Vic2 for it's ... amazing... combat and war mechanics :lol: I'd probably rather play Spain so I can avoid war. But if you guys really need a major spot filled, I've played Austria quite a lot and I like to think I can steer them pretty well. Only thing is that I hate playing them and may complain :razz:

For this to work by the way we're gonna have to figure out how to set up hamachi with 10 people, it's rather easy especially if someone has the real version but yeah. Unlike EU4 vic2 doesn't have a proper mp thingamabob.

Name: Marowit
Steam Name: Eternal Flight
Country Preference(s): UK, France
Timezone : (GMT, EST, etc.) PST
Availability: (If you are only available to play during certain times during the weekend, or certain days, make note of it here): tbh my schedule sucks, weekends are best

Back
Top Bottom