TaleWorlds Forum Modding Contest[May 2018][3D Art]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum username:kraggrim
Submission name: Hakim's Battle Sceptre
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1td8jxQLRhr592gyKMKi0Uq8h8pm-efFi/view?usp=sharing

By submitting this work I agree to the rules and regulations of this contest.
JzD2K.jpg

Alright everyone, the submission deadline is over.

Just looking over at the number and quality of submissions, this is awesome! Glad I'm not a judge though, it will be a difficult task to rate all this. Best of luck to everyone!

It's Party Time

After days upon days of careful assesment and inspection of all the submissions - we've finally got the winners! The first edition of the 3D Art Contest will be marked by the great amount of submissions as well as their artistic quality. This time the judges had independently reviewed the submissions, and as soon as I started implementing their scores into my tables I saw this was going to be a very close call. We have no doubt many mods will be implementing these weapons in their subsequent updates.

gTo2vgG.png
T6vKKow.png
NS3YfSF.png

1st Place - Hakim's Battle Sceptre by Kraggrim - 72/90 points
JzD2K.jpg
This fearsome sceptre steals the victory thanks to its excellent textures, efficient use of polygons and optimisation as well as arguably having the best looks in-game. Impressive, clean normals and a good looking texture put this one ahead of the competition with a score of 23/26/23(Visuals/Originality/Performance). It's a wonderful blend of a weapon, and a ruler's ultimate smacking tool for insubordinate peasants. Congratulations to Kraggrim!

2nd Place - Noyan Dagger by Weren - 71/90 points
Ti5Jh.png
cBfV9.png
Only one point away from the first place we have Weren's Noyan Dagger. It's a beautifully crafted and ornamented dagger with an amazing Khergit feeling to it. The really smooth curves, clean textures, and good material variation sets this piece apart from the others with a point distribution of 23/24/24. The only nitpicks putting this one on the second place were the slightly too high AO strength, and the amount of polygons used for a dagger. These tiny details aside, congratulations to Weren for making such a beautiful piece!

3rd Place - Swadian Royal Bastard Sword by Brego - 70/90 points
mb_warband_2018-05-11_23-32-54-13.png
mb_warband_2018-05-11_23-35-47-94.png
The miracle and mystery of this particular contest were Brego's submissions. How is he doing this with such great optimization? were the questions everyone asked. Indeed, Brego's submissions were as Warband as it gets - nice and optimized. The score rating on this one was 24/21/25, and it's clear that the excellent look in-game, a gorgeous sheath and leather textures as well as the best performance of all the submissions compensated for a small lack of originality and deservedly propelled this one into the prizes. Congratulations to Brego on this excellent cleaver!

Honorable Mentions

King Harlaus' Bastard Sword by Silen and Mandible's Nordish Royal Sword scored the highest in the visuals category(24), Leonion's Zhua was the most original(26), and King Graveth's Totally Performance Friendly Hammer by Silen was - you're guessing it, the most performance unfriendly.

Rewards

Thanks to the generosity of Cozur and Khamukkamu we are distributing the $100 prize pool with a 60-30-10 ratio. Contact Duh to claim your prize.

Afterword

Once again a huge thanks to everyone that helped with the organization and implementation of this contest. A round of applause for the judges Artizan, Jacobhinds, and SacredStoneHead who carefully inspected the items and resolved any dillemas. I'd especially like to thank Jacobhinds for compiling the submissions and making the test module. Thanks to Efe Karacar for once again providing the custom badges, Cozur and Khamukkamu for their generous rewards, Brego, Maroon, Exima, Sebastian and Beestonian for their valuable help with establishing the rules & format. Finally, thanks to all the awesome contributors who made all the submissions - see you all on the next round!

Congratulations to Kraggrim and Weren! :party: Happy to come third, I didn't think I would reach top 3 with all these great submissions :smile:

Looking forward to the next 3D-competition :cool:

Thanks guys.And congrats to Weren and Brego, what a close finish!

@Marko, any idea when we'll get the pack for download? Also, any clues for what we'll be doing next?

Congratulations! All weapons were great, and for me, they certainly got their own place, in different modules each. Thanks for the chance to play with these great models, guys, and congratulations again!

kraggrim said:
Thanks guys.And congrats to Weren and Brego, what a close finish!

@Marko, any idea when we'll get the pack for download? Also, any clues for what we'll be doing next?
I am really busy this month so it's unlikely I'll be able to make the OSP pack properly until the end of the month. There were also some in-game look issues with a couple of items it might be useful to ask the creators to fix.

When you say next do you mean next 3D contest or contest in general? June has scripting going for it, and we are thinking of making July art category. After which it'd go Scene-3D-Scripting-Art again. But nothing is set in stone, and we'll try to adapt to community expectations.

Back
Top Bottom