TaleWorlds Forum Modding Contest [July 2018][Art]

Users who are viewing this thread

Marko͘

Section Moderator
The TaleWorlds Forum Modding Contest - July 2018.

Theme: Mount&Blade Comic

Welcome to the fourth edition of the TaleWorlds forum modding contest. It's time to test our artists in the last type of contest we're planning to organize. This particular contest is specific since it doesn't carry significant OSP value, instead it focuses on artistic form. The format of the contests is still being worked and improved on, you're welcome to voice your feedback in the thread. We're still experimenting with what works well for Art themes that can fit into a month, but also provides a challenge and allows originality.

For our first theme we picked something broader to allow various styles and ideas. The task is to create a comic(specifications in rules section) based on any official M&B title including DLC. Mount&Blade, Warband, Napoleonic Wars, Viking Conquest, With Fire and Sword - your choice.

[size=18pt]Contest

Theme: Mount&Blade Comic
Submission Start Date: July 19th 2018. 00:00     
Submission End Date: August 19th 2018. 23:59

Rules:
  • You may only submit your work during the submission time period specified above.
  • Submit only your original work, no derivatives of another work or theft is allowed.
  • You may submit up to three works for the contest, they'll be treated as separate submissions.
  • The comic must have a minimum of 4 panels, and it can have up to maximum 6 panels.
  • The comic topic/content must be within the theme of any of the following titles: Mount & Blade, Mount & Blade: Warband, Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars, Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest or Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
  • You have to post screenshots of your work in progress in at least two different stages of completion, to confirm it is your creation. You are free to post more.
  • By submitting your work to the contest, you agree that it will be shared as open source with all the submissions at the end of the contest, according to the open source license provided here.

By submitting your work to the contest, you have agreed to the rules stated.

Judging

The submissions will be rated on a points system, based on their performance in the following three categories: Visuals, Originality, Technique. Once the submission end date is reached and the submissions are closed, the judges will review the submissions. Each of the two judges will submit up to 10 points for each category, which means the maximum amount of points a submission can get is 60.

Further explanation on the categories:

Visual Quality- The visual appeal of a submission, how well the different shapes, colours and features fit into the overall look, design and composition.
Originality and Creativity - The use of new and original art and narrative(if any) concepts while designing your submission.
Interpretation and Clarity - How well the comic conveys a message to readers.

The Judging Committee is comprised of two veteran artists - Merlkir and Densetsu.

Rewards
Custom crafted medals by Kentucky James.

- Further rewards in form of software licenses are possible, we are looking into establishing cooperations for future contests - once the format of the contests is tested and proven.

Submitting Your Work
You can use the below form to submit your scene. If you make any edits or changes after your first submission, it'll be accepted if it is re-submitted within the submission deadline. Name your submission as you see fit, and please try to use a stable file hosting service(Google Disk, Mediafire, Dropbox etc.). Compress your mesh, and the textures into an archived file and upload.

Code:
[b]Forum username:[/b]
[b]Submission name: [/b]
[b]Download link:[/b] 

By submitting this work I agree to the rules and regulations of this contest.

Forum username: BNS Marko
Submission name: Gott schutze den Kaiser
Submission download link:

By submitting this work I agree to the rules and regulations of this contest.

Contact and Discussion
We encourage the discussion of the contest rules, format as well as discussion of the works presented on the forums. You can also participate in the TaleWorlds Forum Modding Discord if you want a more direct interaction.​

Reminds me of this old thread of Mount&Blade comics, unfortunately most of them (including the "originals" so to speak) are gone. Some by Lhorkan (mostly .gifs) and Cymro are still there though - I hope it's fine to x-post them here for inspiration:

Lhorkan said:
scene21.gif

scene28.gif

search.gif

scene15_000.gif

RPslap.gif

scene44_comic_01.png

scene44_comic_02.png

scene44_anim.gif

comic45.png

Cymro's said:
frame1.png
frame2.png

frame3.png
frame4.png

frame5.png
frame6.png

frame0.png
frame1.png

frame2.png
frame3.png

frame4.png
frame5.png

frame6.png

frame0.png
frame1.png

frame2.png
frame3.png

frame4.png
frame5.png

frame6.png

frame0.png
frame1.png

frame2.png
frame3.png

frame4.png
frame5.png

frame6.png
frame7.png

frame8.png

morecomics.png

gentlereminder.png

frame0.png

frame1.png

frame2.png

frame3.png

frame4.png

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

0.png

1.png

2.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Ycbh5.png

pRCyf.jpg

Sq2_x.jpg

t7hZk.jpg

cL5ai.jpg

6E07i.jpg

E1LSL.jpg

KQ8v8.jpg

For those considering law suites, any accidental resemblance of characters to the logos of forum members is entirely unintentional. This comic is a work of pure fiction and, whatever Lolbash says, no ponies were harmed during these drawings.
I fully agree to this comic being OSP - anyone can use it to retexture any low resolution armour. Just remember to credit all those whose hard work I've stolen. By the way, I'm reliably informed that any marks awarded for originality, despite normal conventions, will earn lucrative bribes.

Ycbh5.png

Forum username: NPC99

Submission 1 name: Bannerlust - Director's Cut
Comprising scenes 1 to 5 and scene 6 Director's Cut version (6 panels)

Submission 2 name: Bannerlust - Censor's Cut
Comprising scenes 1 to 4 and scene 6 Censor's Cut version (5 panels)

Theme
Courtship in Mount & Blade Warband.

WIP images
5UzB-.jpg
XS4Ar.jpg

Download (images on tw.greywool.com)
NPC99 said:
Ycbh5.png

pRCyf.jpg

Sq2_x.jpg

t7hZk.jpg

cL5ai.jpg

6E07i.jpg

E1LSL.jpg

KQ8v8.jpg

For those considering law suites, any accidental resemblance of characters to the logos of forum members is entirely unintentional. This comic is a work of pure fiction and, whatever Lolbash says, no ponies were harmed during these drawings.
I fully agree to this comic being OSP - anyone can use it to retexture any low resolution armour. Just remember to credit all those whose hard work I've stolen. By the way, I'm reliably informed that any marks awarded for originality, despite normal conventions, will earn lucrative bribes.

Disclaimer
There is no truth to the rumour that one of the down on their luck judges acted as an extra in the first scene of these submissions. Any similarity is merely a coincidental case of mistaken identity and expert makeup.

Rules
By submitting these works I agree to the rules and regulations of this contest.

Deepest apologies for the delay, I was overwhelmed with some uni stuff.

After a very long, and difficult voting session the grand jury has reached a unanimous decision that the first place award goes to....

artawards.png

The judges weren't asked to rate the submssion in this instance since there is only one, therefore we can conclude it is the ultimate comic. It's a pity more people didn't participate in this one, I had a good laugh with the comic though.

Congratulations to NPC99 once again, and good luck with avoiding lawsuits from Rainbow Dash.

Back
Top Bottom