taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

Users who are viewing this thread

I think every infantry class should have access to a shield, especially in siege. I will admit I have been killed a few times being a little too focused on searching corpses for a shield instead of watching for enemies. It is nice having a sword as a sidearm to your bardiche for fighting in tight areas, but without a shield you aren't going to get into the castle.

In Siege maybe, haven't yet played it in BL MP. But overal there are too many shields and they can take too much damage imo.

In my opinion, Warband's system was quite limited. There are optimal purchases that you should make, with the majority of gear being simply ignored. It is also possible to eliminate most of the drawbacks of any of the classes (inf, ranged, cav) by swapping gear with teammates (and please don't get me wrong, I love the teamwork and communication involved in gear swapping, I'm just not a fan that there are few, if any, downsides to it).

The class system presents you with a meaningful choice that you have to make with each spawn, taking into account your own team composition and that of the enemy. This choice can then be further tailored through perks.

Obviously, perks and classes still need some work, there is no doubt about that, but eventually, I think they will provide players with a fairer and ultimately better MP experience.

I feel that the only missing ingredient is the visual customisation that Warband offers, allowing players to inject their own personality into their character.

I totally agree with many thousands of hours in the system myself. There was optimal choices and little incentive to not make those optimal choices. The actual meaningful changes you could make to your character were very limited.

Having said that - Bannerlord does need some aesthetic customisation back. Either in form of skins or some kind of 'appearance' perk. We know there are multiple versions of each class from captains mode - so you have good grounds for at least giving us the option to switch between the different visuals.

The problem is - there is a group of people (a small but not insignificant group) who will probably never accept the new system no matter what you do. That's not to say their opinions are not valid - because they are; but it doesn't change anything. Again CSGO is such a perfect comparison...

The loadout system was just an invitation to specialize yourself in a way so that your playstyle together with your equipment eliminates any downside and while that is fun against other longtime vets it destroys the experience for new players
I swear, your posts never stop making me seethe. Stop treating ""new players"" like they are all the same breed of incompetent babies as you are.

I swear, your posts never stop making me seethe. Stop treating ""new players"" like they are all the same breed of incompetent babies as you are.

Go ahead, 578 also thought it's a good idea to call me these things. Until of course I met him a few times on the battlefield. Not saying I killed him every time, but lets just say I didn't hear anything of this kind anymore after that.

Last edited:
Didn't know if I should join in on Lincoln_Hawk's thread or if I should make a new one. We might have the same message but maybe seen from different perspectives so I eventually decided against all rules to make this thread.

Some would say the title's accusation might be a little harsh but if the devs knew what I really thought of them this title would seem somewhat mild. So to the thread...

"In my opinion, Warband's system was quite limited. There are optimal purchases that you should make, with the majority of gear being simply ignored. It is also possible to eliminate most of the drawbacks of any of the classes (inf, ranged, cav) by swapping gear with teammates (and please don't get me wrong, I love the teamwork and communication involved in gear swapping, I'm just not a fan that there are few, if any, downsides to it). The class system presents you with a meaningful choice that you have to make with each spawn, taking into account your own team composition and that of the enemy. This choice can then be further tailored through perks."
-Callum

First of all I don't really know who you (Callum) are. You could be a forum mod or even a dev. All I know is I've been playing Warband multiplayer for years. I and others like me ARE the consumers. You are the developer/ creator. I fully understand you have a vision you want to set forth and see into fruition and hope others will see it the same way as you conceived it in your mind. But understand this you (Callum) are JUST a developer. What you want isn't what your consumers want. You are just here to sell a product to us. It is obvious you are trying to introduces this to the normies, but they aren’t the people who are going to keep this game alive after a few years. They will checkout max after 2 years and will have gone to other games leaving us, the core.
You say the old system was quite limited and the class based model opens new doors and we need to make meaningful choices. Are you trying to make the multiplayer competitive like those other generic medieval games on the market? If so make the specific game mode for that. It was never my impression Warband’s multiplayer was competitive (except for duel servers but I chose which weapon I wanted to duel with.) I always played on Arena DM and Siege servers where next to the objctive players had fun wearing what they wanted (be it a dress), kicking archers off ledges and running in naked with torches and having fun. Your version of a multiplayer seems too serious for me. Gives us custom game modes so we can do what we want.

Second it also seems you guys decided to make the game less skill based. Why is combat so nerve-wreckingly slow paced. Not at all like Warband! Directional striking and blocking are slow and the reaction time of the user-character seems more like input lag. Is this also to appeal to normies? Feinting is sluggish. Now I must hold RMB instead of a quick klick like in Warband. The whole combat seems stale and goofy and not quick and precise like in Warband. Reminds me somewhat of Exanima.

Overall If I could I'd refund this game. So many years wating and it is a better looking copy of Warband, but with less features and problems that could have been seen and addressed with a playthrough of less than 6 hours. You guys really didn't even playtest this so called "game"

P.S just playing from experience with class-based I have noticed it doesn’t even give me incentive choosing different classes. I just stick to the first or/and second, leading it to be useless.

You're missing the point of the critique of the loadout system of WB and that is that with that loadout system people who had the time to put considerable effort into this were able to specialize their loadout and optimize it to their playing style to an extent where a new player was just insta-overwhelmed and did in many cases probably not return. I will just always add this here, because it seems to be drowned: Why don't we wait until dedicated servers and server-side mods arrive and we can all agree that all this fighting over this was wasted energy?
so youre admitting this new system was built for idiots. its a ****ing medieval fighting game. if you cant figure out a piece of armor to pick for a body part and if you want a shield or not and what type of weapon you want you must be a ****ing idiot, literally. this was not the issue and was not overwhelming new players. it was probably more of the fact that its been around for a while now and anyone new that tries to play is probably going to get wrecked a lot. this is a PC game at heart not some ****ty xbox game where people dont like customization and just want to press a button. like ive said taleworlds has lost sight of this and ****ed the game up royally.

so youre admitting this new system was built for idiots. its a ****ing medieval fighting game. if you cant figure out a piece of armor to pick for a body part and if you want a shield or not and what type of weapon you want you must be a ****ing idiot, literally. this was not the issue and was not overwhelming new players. it was probably more of the fact that its been around for a while now and anyone new that tries to play is probably going to get wrecked a lot. this is a PC game at heart not some ****ty xbox game where people dont like customization and just want to press a button. like ive said taleworlds has lost sight of this and ****ed the game up royally.

And although that happens a lot actually with many games I happen to think that the MP in WB had a problem and they fixed with the new system. That is just my opinion.

Tbh as a WB vet I like the system because it saves time for me. In WB I had to click 16 times to choose all the necessary equip, and of course with experience it became easy, but still it wasn't optimal. Some people even made mods for auto-equipping themselves to save the precious time. And we used standardized equipment in tournaments anyways, because the metas for optimal loadouts were established early on and used for many years with little changes.

The new system allows me to click 3 times only and provides a great variation of options at the same time, I find it perfect for competitive. If it's also easier for newbies then it's just another argument on why it should stay.

Tbh as a WB vet I like the system because it saves time for me. In WB I had to click 16 times to choose all the necessary equip, and of course with experience it became easy, but still it wasn't optimal. Some people even made mods for auto-equipping themselves to save the precious time. And we used standardized equipment in tournaments anyways, because the metas for optimal loadouts were established early on and used for many years with little changes.

The new system allows me to click 3 times only and provides a great variation of options at the same time, I find it perfect for competitive. If it's also easier for newbies then it's just another argument on why it should stay.

This keeps going back in circles, but the warband system doesn't have to be left as is. There's an armory screen now, it would be trivial to add loadout customization there like many other games of the genre do, i.e. Mordhau, where you create a custom class and select your preferred loadouts to use them in a match in one click. The options here are not "current Bannerlord system" or "old Warband system". Bannerlord was the perfect chance to do a new iteration on Warband's system and flesh out its flaws, rather than throw it out the window.

Back
Top Bottom