taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Lincoln_Hawk

Recruit
Old Guard
I have over 1500 hours in warband multiplayer alone. Im sure there are many people with thousands of more hours but let me tell you something ive learned the combat system in and out and ive gotten VERY good at the time in my years of playing this franchise. One of the things i loved was customizing my loadout with exactly what i wanted because i had the gold to do so because i earned it. now? now you are locked into some ****ty 0 IQ console player setup. taleworlds has dumbed down the game to prepare for console release and its a ****ing sellout. i know i will be returning this joke of a game. it took 8 years for them to give us a game with LESS features?

For example, the Guard class, i cant even pick a shield IF I WANTED TO. what a joke. BUT OH, you can get a 2 handed axe and a one handed sword but you cant pair the one handed item with a shield because you cant ****ing pick one. whoever came up with that one is a ****ing genius. WHY would i want to do that? if i cant get a shield ill just use my axe theres no point in having a 1 hander with NO shield. Its like the bannerlord devs have not played a single day of warband multiplayer. its as if the whole game was designed around skirmish and NO thought whatsoever was put into classes and siege mode - the bnest mode in the game. Whoever is making the decisions at taleworlds should be fired for allowing this to be released. this is a disgrace on the mount and blade community.

Yeah I agree that picking out your own gear was better, but no need to point fingers and be so salty about this. Jesus christ calm down Karen, things will get sorted out eventually.

I also have over 1500 hours in Warband MP alone, and while I liked the customisation of Warband's item selection system, I can see that the potential of the Class system outweighs what was previously on offer.

I also have over 1500 hours in Warband MP alone, and while I liked the customisation of Warband's item selection system, I can see that the potential of the Class system outweighs what was previously on offer.

Are there any plans on adding a third perk slot or reworking existing perks?

Potential of what exactly? You're failing to make any significant advances with it. It took months for a second perk to come and the balance is way off.

Its been said again and again the perks should be different for each gamemode to balance it right but you neglect it.

Potential of what exactly? You're failing to make any significant advances with it. It took months for a second perk to come and the balance is way off.

Its been said again and again the perks should be different for each gamemode to balance it right but you neglect it.
Maybe it would take alot of effort to change that, infrastructure wise. It would be still nice to get devblogs or community manager streams to know what is planned, even if it doesnt get implemented.

How can you have potential in something that is extremely limited. I am a software developer by profession, and the way theyve created this system is pretty apparent they want to be stubborn in their way with no expansion of this system. A lot of time and resources have been put into a system that has way less potential and not ONE single piece of this class picking system has changed or been expanded on since early beta testing and its a joke.

Man.. you can add an additional perk, you can change the existing perks (there was only one perk in the beta, so you are wrong on this), you can allow for items you picekd up to be carried to next round. This setup has infinite potential. I do not udnerstand why some people keep being so aggressive and refusing any kind of change.

There are two ways of looking at the MP status as it is now:
- asking for improvements since it clearly needs them
- complaining because it is not as warband was (and you were good at wb)

I do not see how the second way could be positive in any way. I loved the warband system. I. Really. Loved. It. But I also see the potential of the new one and I am willing to adapt and learn.

Asking for a larger scale skirmish mode (i.e. battle) and more customisation seems much more of a productive approach.

Give the game back if you do not like it, you are fully entitled to do so. But do not act as your view is the right one and everything else is ****. Jeeeez.

You literally make no sense. Who gives a **** if you can pick stuff up. What the hell does that matter? That has nothing to do with customizing your loadout. The fact is plain and simple and it is that bannerlord has IN FACT given us LESS features. Whats wrong with being able to customize everything? Why should it of changed to begin with? What is wrong with being able to choose exactly what you want? THAT sounds like a good game to me. Stop being a shill

It sounds EXACTLY like what other people are saying and what ive stated. Simply to make the class picking easier AND quicker. And that only means ONE thing. Consoles..

Get ****ing real.

You literally make no sense. Who gives a **** if you can pick stuff up. What the hell does that matter? That has nothing to do with customizing your loadout. The fact is plain and simple and it is that bannerlord has IN FACT given us LESS features. Whats wrong with being able to customize everything? Why should it of changed to begin with? What is wrong with being able to choose exactly what you want? THAT sounds like a good game to me. Stop being a shill

It sounds EXACTLY like what other people are saying and what ive stated. Simply to make the class picking easier AND quicker. And that only means ONE thing. Consoles..

Get ****ing real.

Terry_A._Davis_2017.jpg

Man.. you can add an additional perk, you can change the existing perks (there was only one perk in the beta, so you are wrong on this), you can allow for items you picekd up to be carried to next round. This setup has infinite potential. I do not udnerstand why some people keep being so aggressive and refusing any kind of change.

There are two ways of looking at the MP status as it is now:
- asking for improvements since it clearly needs them
- complaining because it is not as warband was (and you were good at wb)

I do not see how the second way could be positive in any way. I loved the warband system. I. Really. Loved. It. But I also see the potential of the new one and I am willing to adapt and learn.

Asking for a larger scale skirmish mode (i.e. battle) and more customisation seems much more of a productive approach.

Give the game back if you do not like it, you are fully entitled to do so. But do not act as your view is the right one and everything else is ****. Jeeeez.
People are not blind. The perk system has its place in skirmish or captain mode but not custom servers

People are not blind. The perk system has its place in skirmish or captain mode but not custom servers

Youna, to be fair I doubt they will implement a dual system and I wouldn't if I were them. Balancing stuff and/or adding a third perk will do what you are asking though. It would be basically quite close to former warband equipment selection.

Get ****ing real.

Chill man. Take a cold shower.

Could you possibly explain this potential that I, and I imagine a lot of other people with my opinion, aren't seeing?

I'd personally prefer something similar to the Warband system, although very refined, I don't see nearly as much potential with this class system especially with the way it's being balanced.

Could you possibly explain this potential that I, and I imagine a lot of other people with my opinion, aren't seeing?

I'd personally prefer something similar to the Warband system, although very refined, I don't see nearly as much potential with this class system especially with the way it's being balanced.

In my opinion, Warband's system was quite limited. There are optimal purchases that you should make, with the majority of gear being simply ignored. It is also possible to eliminate most of the drawbacks of any of the classes (inf, ranged, cav) by swapping gear with teammates (and please don't get me wrong, I love the teamwork and communication involved in gear swapping, I'm just not a fan that there are few, if any, downsides to it).

The class system presents you with a meaningful choice that you have to make with each spawn, taking into account your own team composition and that of the enemy. This choice can then be further tailored through perks.

Obviously, perks and classes still need some work, there is no doubt about that, but eventually, I think they will provide players with a fairer and ultimately better MP experience.

I feel that the only missing ingredient is the visual customisation that Warband offers, allowing players to inject their own personality into their character.

I feel that the only missing ingredient is the visual customisation that Warband offers, allowing players to inject their own personality into their character.

Would it be possible in the future to perhaps slightly change the visuals of your armor without changing stats?

Anyways great work keep it up, and thanks for responding to this thread.

Personally I like the new system just because I'm actually trying out different things this time around instead of just defaulting to heavy armor two hander as soon as I get the gold for it.

Back
Top Bottom