taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Tbh as a WB vet I like the system because it saves time for me. In WB I had to click 16 times to choose all the necessary equip, and of course with experience it became easy, but still it wasn't optimal. Some people even made mods for auto-equipping themselves to save the precious time. And we used standardized equipment in tournaments anyways, because the metas for optimal loadouts were established early on and used for many years with little changes.

The new system allows me to click 3 times only and provides a great variation of options at the same time, I find it perfect for competitive. If it's also easier for newbies then it's just another argument on why it should stay.
Or you know they could've added an armory like what has been suggested during the beta.

Also there is no great variation, if you call this a great variation i think i have been playing the wrong games.

And although that happens a lot actually with many games I happen to think that the MP in WB had a problem and they fixed with the new system. That is just my opinion.
I highly doubt players got 'overwhelmed by gear selection'. Taleworlds themselves have stated that players left games when they got their asses handed to them by veterans, this I agree with and have seen happen personally, but that's the nature of joining multiplayer in a game that's many years old already. What does *not* happen is people who've played SP logging into MP, looking at the equipment screen, and for some reason being so 'overwhelmed' that they leave and do not return. Do you leave an ice cream shop if there's too many flavors to choose from? In my experience its the opposite. Choosing your loadout from a bunch of the gear and weapons you've seen in campaign is part of the fun of multiplayer (specifically for people new to MP). People would get faction mods and switch teams on the invasion mods just to see what kind of cool gear was available to them. Being 'overwhelmed by gear selection' so much that they 'leave and don't come back' is absolutely ridiculous and does not happen. That being said, there ARE reasons to implement a gear perk system... The points you made just aren't any of them.

This keeps going back in circles, but the warband system doesn't have to be left as is. There's an armory screen now, it would be trivial to add loadout customization there like many other games of the genre do, i.e. Mordhau, where you create a custom class and select your preferred loadouts to use them in a match in one click. The options here are not "current Bannerlord system" or "old Warband system". Bannerlord was the perfect chance to do a new iteration on Warband's system and flesh out its flaws, rather than throw it out the window.
Or you know they could've added an armory like what has been suggested during the beta.

Also there is no great variation, if you call this a great variation i think i have been playing the wrong games.
Well you know there's a vulgar soviet saying that can be translated as: "If a granny had a **** she'd be a grandpa", meaning that we can speculate on what could've been done, but we have to face the reality. TW could probably try to improve WB's system and make it like either in CS:GO or Mordhau, but they didn't. Instead the reality is that the current system is already implemented and it has it's merits, and the merits of the potential system have to outweigh the amount of work already put in the new one and the work needed to implement the potential one and so far it seems that the devs aren't convinced in that, and neither am I.

Well you know there's a vulgar soviet saying that can be translated as: "If a granny had a **** she'd be a grandpa", meaning that we can speculate on what could've been done, but we have to face the reality. TW could probably try to improve WB's system and make it like either in CS:GO or Mordhau, but they didn't. Instead the reality is that the current system is already implemented and it has it's merits, and the merits of the potential system have to outweigh the amount of work already put in the new one and the work needed to implement the potential one and so far it seems that the devs aren't convinced in that, and neither am I.
What could've been done 9 months ago when they were still making the class system?

I highly doubt players got 'overwhelmed by gear selection'. Taleworlds themselves have stated that players left games when they got their asses handed to them by veterans, this I agree with and have seen happen personally, but that's the nature of joining multiplayer in a game that's many years old already. What does *not* happen is people who've played SP logging into MP, looking at the equipment screen, and for some reason being so 'overwhelmed' that they leave and do not return. Do you leave an ice cream shop if there's too many flavors to choose from? In my experience its the opposite. Choosing your loadout from a bunch of the gear and weapons you've seen in campaign is part of the fun of multiplayer (specifically for people new to MP). People would get faction mods and switch teams on the invasion mods just to see what kind of cool gear was available to them. Being 'overwhelmed by gear selection' so much that they 'leave and don't come back' is absolutely ridiculous and does not happen. That being said, there ARE reasons to implement a gear perk system... The points you made just aren't any of them.

There are reasons not to. Because of elite nerds using whole nights to find out which exact sword still hits at 0.9 meters distance while still being light enough, or which exact shield is cheap and doesn't break after x hits. You get hyper-specialized ninjas that way that will hand new players their quote "asses". Think that's pretty much in line with what you stated. Additionally newbies could be overwhelmed which could probably not cause but feed into an early notion of feeling helpless, yes.

Well you know there's a vulgar soviet saying that can be translated as: "If a granny had a **** she'd be a grandpa", meaning that we can speculate on what could've been done, but we have to face the reality.
That's kind of our point though. TW made a bad decision, and keeps sticking to it, so we keep calling them out on it. Just going "welp they did the bad thing, guess we have to get used to it" doesn't solve anything.

There are reasons not to. Because of elite nerds using whole nights to find out which exact sword still hits at 0.9 meters distance while still being light enough, or which exact shield is cheap and doesn't break after x hits. You get hyper-specialized ninjas that way that will hand new players their quote "asses". Think that's pretty much in line with what you stated. Additionally newbies could be overwhelmed which could probably not cause but feed into an early notion of feeling helpless, yes.
You're making it sound like there were thousands of possible gear combinations, each with a hidden passive bonus that required hours of study, and the first guy to find a new combo would become the ultimate warrior. Get real, the veteran didn't beat the newbie because of his hyper-specialized gear choice.

There can be valid reasons for supporting Bannerlord's class system. Supporting it because it takes away player choice and is a straight up downgrade in gear customization when compared to its 10 year old predecessor is just mind-boggling and plain stupid.

You're making it sound like there were thousands of possible gear combinations, each with a hidden passive bonus that required hours of study, and the first guy to find a new combo would become the ultimate warrior. Get real, the veteran didn't beat the newbie because of his hyper-specialized gear choice.

It stacks up. Newbies are mostly overrun in any game. Making it a little easier for them where possible other than straight up giving them "newbie bonusses" or BS like that could definitely help in not having them rage quit after 10 minutes and not returning.

These ****ing devs literally moved my comment to this threads... wow

Hey, I moved your thread as there was no need for multiple threads on the same topic. You were thinking about posting it here, and it was a good idea to, so I moved it here - don't blame the devs on everything, moderation is down to the moderation team and not the developers.

Bad decision is overshadowed by the fact its a singleplayer game and most reviews come from there.

I see a lot of happy people playing. Stop reducing the whole MP to only the question whether some sort of system you played earlier in another game is implemented. There are so many things that can turn people off. The game modes, the available weapon types, the other players' behaviour, the server connection quality, the stability, the the amount of players per single instance, the network architecture, the maps, the available mods, whether it's only MM or also custom servers, whether these custom servers can be hosted by the community, whether it consists of only instances or also Open World gameplay, I could go on and on. So whether or not people like the MP asks around a thousand other questions, other than that one petty feature. Or am I lying. By all means, let me know.

I see a lot of happy people playing. Stop reducing the whole MP to only the question whether some sort of system you played earlier in another game is implemented. There are so many things that can turn people off. The game modes, the available weapon types, the other players' behaviour, the server connection quality, the stability, the the amount of players per single instance, the network architecture, the maps, the available mods, whether it's only MM or also custom servers, whether these custom servers can be hosted by the community, whether it consists of only instances or also Open World gameplay, I could go on and on. So whether or not people like the MP asks around a thousand other questions, other than that one petty feature. Or am I lying. By all means, let me know.
It's a fact that the multiplayer is significant smaller then singleplayer and reviews are mostly singleplayer i mean this is not an opinion its a fact that mount and blade is mainly a singleplayer game.

Metafa we know you're a dev', no need to play games with us

i-see-you-gif-8.gif

The combat system should be fundamentally the same as warband, it is the most authentic, and balanced melee system I have ever played with. It isn't entirely realisitic, but that isn't why I played it. It was the fact that blocking was a lot more skill based, and you had a stake to ever mis step. It was a melee game, not a realistic game. You don't see a lot of melee based games work well, and Warband melee was the fundamentally the way a melee game should be, the combat speed was balanced, the weapons were not "historically" balanced, but 1h's did 1h damage, and 2h did 2h damage, and every weapon had a counter. On this I don't feel any form of counter to a wep, its very casual player based, which would be fine, but you can still have a casual game, and still make the combat system something you have to actually put some effort into to be good at. A realistic game is not the way to go about it, it should be based upon gameplay, not making it seem more real. I loved Warband because it wasn't so real, but the combat just being perfect.

Well it's presumably a Soviet saying because that's the sort of mentality that gives you catastrophic famines, nuclear accidents and a drained sea.

Back
Top Bottom