taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Metafa be talking about how much the casual community loves the game but. I know the casual guys from the reddit discord and most of them have a ton of problems with the game

You mean those that make Warband and Bannerlord memes since about the dawn of the Internet? That casual community? I'm next to never on reddit. I just remember

Bann'er, lord
Release - Date

:grin:

You mean those that make Warband and Bannerlord memes since about the dawn of the Internet? That casual community? I'm next to never on reddit. I just remember

Bann'er, lord
Release - Date

:grin:
Since you seem to have exclusive access to the "casual" commuinity, and everyone else who claims this is obviously wrong because casuals are not on the discord? I am beginning to think the only "casual" in this game is yourself and you just constantly lie to make it seem like your own opinions are shared by a massive, silent group who no one has access to except you. You could easily clear this up, where are you talking to these "casuals" and can we talk to them as well? Remember, the voices in your head don't count as "Other people".

Since you seem to have exclusive access to the "casual" commuinity, and everyone else who claims this is obviously wrong because casuals are not on the discord? I am beginning to think the only "casual" in this game is yourself and you just constantly lie to make it seem like your own opinions are shared by a massive, silent group who no one has access to except you. You could easily clear this up, where are you talking to these "casuals" and can we talk to them as well? Remember, the voices in your head don't count as "Other people".
he's got multiple personalities, that counts right?

There are reasons not to. Because of elite nerds using whole nights to find out which exact sword still hits at 0.9 meters distance while still being light enough, or which exact shield is cheap and doesn't break after x hits. You get hyper-specialized ninjas that way that will hand new players their quote "asses". Think that's pretty much in line with what you stated. Additionally newbies could be overwhelmed which could probably not cause but feed into an early notion of feeling helpless, yes.
If they're pros who stay up all night checking the exact phantom range values on swords, an extra hit on a shield isn't going to factor in at all to how badly they beat a noobier player. He was going to die anyway. Picking those ideal items would only be useful in a competitive setting, for the minute advantages they each give. This is spoken by a competitive veteran [me].

8 years. Class customization needs a LOT of work. Maybe even worth scrapping it altogether. The system we had in Warband was one of the highlights of the game for me, and a big draw over other games of that nature. (thinking primarily of chivalry)

At the end of the day nobody is going to play the native multiplayer anyway once mods come out, so may as well concentrate on getting the core aspects of combat fixed rather than whether you can pick your setup or not.

At the end of the day nobody is going to play the native multiplayer anyway once mods come out, so may as well concentrate on getting the core aspects of combat fixed rather than whether you can pick your setup or not.

Even the core aspects of combat could be addressed in a mod. Dependend on whether TW let's modders "go there".

Even the core aspects of combat could be addressed in a mod. Dependend on whether TW let's modders "go there".
I think the ydefinitely will. They have stated that they want to make it as mod friendly as possible and at least as viable for modding as in WB. So yea. But no matter if there is a good modding api or not modders will and can mod anything. Minecraft has not had a proper mod support since years and there are so many huge game changing mods. Same with many other games (GTA, Skyrim etc.).
And regarding the intial post: I have about 2,5k hours in MB and I think we should give them the time to sort out all the things that are criticised and reported right now. Be happy to have a playable release and I can also acknowledge their effort with all those patches they have been releasing.
I actually don't care about the class selection that much. Mods can change it anyway and it's not like you have no customization at all. Who knows maybe they will change it in a future update or just add more options to it. I don't think that having balanced classes with perks is too bad for a normal multiplayer experience.

oh and when i manage to be able to get in a game and complete it the server chooses to crash at the end of the game so the whole time i played was literally for nothing. fix this ****ing game instead of putting out 1 change for multiplayer that decreases message length.

nice ****ing joke i can see TW devs have **** prioritized ass ****ing backwards. whoever running this **** is a joke and needs to be fired immediately.

They already have our money at the end of the day and making money is their goal... single-player is their money maker so they are focusing on that unfortunately for us mp only players.

They already have our money at the end of the day and making money is their goal... single-player is their money maker so they are focusing on that unfortunately for us mp only players.
They could so much money with sports, much more than singleplayer. Their goal was to make BL an esport game but rather than listening to their comp community they thought they had more experience while most of them never played comp in warband. At the moment the MP is wasted potential

They could so much money with sports, much more than singleplayer. Their goal was to make BL an esport game but rather than listening to their comp community they thought they had more experience while most of them never played comp in warband. At the moment the MP is wasted potential
It will never be an esport as much as we want it to be.. its ugly to watch and kids these days like shooters and mobas. Taleworlds are also terrible at communication and advertisement, their trailers and the people they get to do the combat in those trailers is woeful.

Like if you had no idea about taleworlds or mount and blade and you watched those trailers you wouldnt be interested in the combat, only controlling and army and making shield walls n **** in sp, its not even shown as a multiplayer game so i doubt they tried to make it an esport, maybe they said that to bring back vets? Idk

listening to their comp community
The hundred something nerds that think that the MP system that has never brought the company as much money as SP and never made it out of obscurity popularity-wise is the perfect one? The very same entitled bunch that thinks that because they've sank vast amounts of hours into an obscure "competitive" experience with almost no fresh blood from the outside for 10 years, that they are now suddenly the experts on how proper competitive games must be made? The very people that consider a game with such a nonexistent balance that they had to ignore a whole faction like it was never there as the benchmark for the said balance? The people, the entitlement of which allows them to think that it is acceptable to straight up demand and whine about trivial things as if the devs owe them something and insult them when they receive a "no"? The same people that measure a person's worth by their own obscure standards of how good he or she is in their favourite game? You mean those people?

I honestly think that nothing would be lost if the devs just ignored them, but somehow they actually do listen, even if not agreeing to everything.

The hundred something nerds that think that the MP system that has never brought the company as much money as SP and never made it out of obscurity popularity-wise is the perfect one? The very same entitled bunch that thinks that because they've sank vast amounts of hours into an obscure "competitive" experience with almost no fresh blood from the outside for 10 years, that they are now suddenly the experts on how proper competitive games must be made? The very people that consider a game with such a nonexistent balance that they had to ignore a whole faction like it was never there as the benchmark for the said balance? The people, the entitlement of which allows them to think that it is acceptable to straight up demand and whine about trivial things as if the devs owe them something and insult them when they receive a "no"? The same people that measure a person's worth by their own obscure standards of how good he or she is in their favourite game? You mean those people?

I honestly think that nothing would be lost if the devs just ignored them, but somehow they actually do listen, even if not agreeing to everything.
:facepalm: Genuine question. Why are you white knighting for TaleWorlds? The community is allowed to share their opinion and feedback regarding a product whether good or bad. Meanwhile, you are more intent on attempting to silence and shut down conversations while disparaging people for sharing their feelings and opinions.

Makes you wonder why they invited competitive players to the beta. It's like they actually cared about getting a perspective from competitive players.
It's like the devs actually wanted competitive players to have a say in the game. Really weird.

I am in no means a competitive player, but you are calling out that competitive players are whining while you yourself are whining. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

Also all of this is your opinion, nothing is a fact.

Back
Top Bottom