Taleworlds DEVs are you going to still work on the combat system?

Users who are viewing this thread

That is what I feared! Well then I am gonna have to wait for a similar game that does not consider 3d combat as a throw away feature. I mean do people really play this game just auto resolving every battle? If this game had no 3d world just the map view would you play it? I would not because as a management game Civilization is better, I wanted to play bannerlord because it brings those two things together... Oh well it's a shame.
TW has said that there are a lot of placeholders and repeated quests, areas, and dialogue in the game. They will gradually replace those with the definitive versions (thing about the layout of towns and villages, for example), I think they are right now quite busy with fixing performance issues I see people posting about. I wouldn't write of the combat system right away, If it really is as you described, (don't doubt you, but don't own the game myself) and more people are having these issues, they most likely will fix it. But keep in mind, it is the very first stage of EA, and their first priority is getting everyone able to play the game properly, after that it's a matter of which part of the game they pick first to improve and/or implement. Just keep telling them about it I suppose :wink:

Come to think of it, some kind of roadmap would be nice, they probably have one, and it would be nice if they would communicate that with us once they sorted out the core issues that people have right now.

about that video you linked btw, go into a custom battle block left right left right left right left right left right... it literally is no slower than it is a warband and no its not delayed either

also the guy in the video was using a slower 2 handed vs a fast 1 handed and judging from how fast that mace was swinging im pretty sure that video is out of date anyway

There was a lot of incredible feedback given by top warband players. Heere's an example of the type of feedback that was given.

There are a lot of issues with the mp combat, but you basically need a non cluster F of a game mode and some experience with the game to start feeling the concerns.

There was a lot of incredible feedback given by top warband players. Heere's an example of the type of feedback that was given.

There are a lot of issues with the mp combat, but you basically need a non cluster F of a game mode and some experience with the game to start feeling the concerns.

Watched up to 1:30 and it made me sick. He's basically saying "HURR MAKE IT SO I CAN HIT TWICE, ADD THE STUNLOCK BACK" or how about relying on your reflex? Getting the first hit in is it's own reward we don't need more stuns in the combat, being able to block at anytime at super fast rates encourages reflex based fighting.

Watched up to 1:30 and it made me sick. He's basically saying "HURR MAKE IT SO I CAN HIT TWICE, ADD THE STUNLOCK BACK" or how about relying on your reflex? Getting the first hit in is it's own reward we don't need more stuns in the combat, being able to block at anytime at super fast rates encourages reflex based fighting.
Not what anyone is saying, the combat is clunky and not well done, can it get some love? Some modernization? I mean loved warband but I sure as hell was expecting a little bit more than more than just prettier graphics.

Last edited:
what’s the OP asking for exactly? On one hand he says its a reskin of warband on the other he wants warband’s combat system.

Bannerlord combat is better imo.Better combat better game.

I’ve been playing mount and blade for 10 years and the combat, controls, animation, battles are all better in Bannerlord. Level up you character and reactions and swings, blocking become more responsive. Running kicking dodging arrows becomes faster with increased athletics. I have no complaints with this part of the game. The new leveling system and perks are great. Speed of leveling is perfect. There’s ton of stuff they need to fix and maybe 2 years worth of added content i want to see for me to consider this a finished product. If and when that happens I’ll be ecstatic.

I’m convinced some people simply want to complain. they don’t even know where to start, not because there aren’t legitimate problems with the game but because they are clueless or inept. Put away the nostalgia, buy a mid grade computer and enjoy the multiplayer until this thing is ready.

This sounds like an obvious overreaction to me. Combat feels responsive and fluent to me as much as it was in warband, it's just that animations are more fleshed out and more real like. I think it all comes down to comparing perhaps a decade of warband experience with not even a week of bannerlord experience.

You guys are all overreacting and defending something you love with passion this is fine, I am not your enemy though and all I wanted to know is in the title... Is the combat system finished? If it is I am disappointed because unlike you guys I expected something more, if you want to just eat the **** you are served just to lick the balls of the devs that is fine, for me it's lacking on that department, little Ragrat there talks as if he is the God of this game and I'll just ignore his useless input because calling people you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT inept because I simple don't like a feature of a recently released game is douchebaggery of the third degree, go f yourself my friend.

In another note, I've played a couple more hours and I think I understand what the d VS went for here, I don't think it's possible to have the combat sistem more complex because of the cheer ammount of units that we can have fighting at the same time, and I gota say the army fights are nice, army controls and formation fighting could be improved a lot.

About just wanting to complain yes I think I have that problem, if I am not satisfied with something I tend to let the people that are selling me the game know, If i am wrong or alone I'll be ignored if more people agree it might get better, the gaming industry will never be as quality driven as other industry's exactly because people like you guys.

Back
Top Bottom