TaleWorlds Coronavirus Measures

Users who are viewing this thread

I saw the news, published today by TaleWorlds, but no thread to discuss it. So here it is.

' Our primary concern as a company is the health and wellbeing of our employees, their families, and the wider community of which we are all a part. As such, we have taken the decision to close our offices and work remotely for the foreseeable future until the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is brought under control.

We know that this decision may raise some concerns in regards to what that means for the release of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, however, we want to make it clear that we have thoroughly planned for this eventuality and are confident that we will still meet our goal of releasing the game on 31/03/20.

We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in these difficult times, and to remind you to take all of the necessary precautions outlined by the World Health Organisation to stay safe!

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public '

TLDR: They are working from home, the 31st of March EA release is maintained.

Last edited:
It probably won't impact the realse date as I imagine most of the decisions have been made by now but this will probably impact the EA development a lot.

Day 1 in Bannerlord there should be a world event where you catch the plague and die in-game. /s

But only if your character is over the age of 60.

It probably won't impact the realse date as I imagine most of the decisions have been made by now but this will probably impact the EA development a lot.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it slows development for a few months. Surely they can still work, but it's a bit tougher keeping on the same page when everyone isn't in the same office.

if they change release date cause of corona im not gonna buy this game. this is literally insult to players
What a ridiculous thing to say. They wont delay it, I'm sure... but even if they did.... then it's not an insult. It's them putting their lives ahead of a game.

Last edited:
Fortunately game development is something you can do from home, it's just harder. I wouldn't worry about a delay, but I certainly prefer a slower working pace to the (albeit somewhat remote) chance of the team getting sick and being unable to work.

Whoever gets mad at them for taking this decission should be banned and I'm glad no one did... yet
if they change release date cause of corona im not gonna buy this game. this is literally insult to players
Wait a moment someone did, I didnt thought someone would be so stupid to say something so stupid
Taleworlds you better go to your offices and work even if the office becomes a coronavirus quarantine, we want our manchild dream come true!!!

Whoever gets mad at them for taking this decission should be banned and I'm glad no one did... yet

Wait a moment someone did, I didnt thought someone would be so stupid to say something so stupid
Taleworlds you better go to your offices and work even if the office becomes a coronavirus quarantine, we want our manchild dream come true!!!

While I 100% agree with the sentiment behind this post, please allow me to be pedantic for a moment as I have a personal creed regarding my seeing the use of the term "manchild":

It's an archaic English word that refers to a male child, not so much a literal man who is a child.

You probably know this, mind, I just have to point it out due to a promise I made myself a few years ago when another game's community overused this word and I swore I'd state the definition every time I saw it used.

As you were! :grin:

While I 100% agree with the sentiment behind this post, please allow me to be pedantic for a moment as I have a personal creed regarding my seeing the use of the term "manchild":

It's an archaic English word that refers to a male child, not so much a literal man who is a child.

You probably know this, mind, I just have to point it out due to a promise I made myself a few years ago when another game's community overused this word and I swore I'd state the definition every time I saw it used.

As you were! :grin:
Words get repurposed over time and change their meaning, I dont know what's the point to address that

Words get repurposed over time and change their meaning, that has been happened like always in the story of humanity I dont know what's the point to address that

You'd have to have been there. It's a very "me-specific" annoyance. That community threw that word around six times a game and it sparked an illogical crusade of wordcraft in me. For what it's worth, they generally told me the same thing.

If Taleworlds feel the need to delay the release, even the early access, of the game due to Coronavirus then that is what they need to do. If I was their leader I'd be far more worried about my staff's safety than customer satisfaction in playing the game. Safety comes first.

You guys understand me wrong, i mean If they didn't complete the game and 18 days left to early access and in Turkey, government took measure early and fast. Officially 1 corona case announced. I hope cases does not increase. But im literally bored to wait and I didn't played(i didn't get the key) closed beta. i really want to play this game, i have been waiting for a long time. I don't wanna hear ''release date changed'' news.

Back
Top Bottom