TaleWorlds Coronavirus Measures

Users who are viewing this thread

Seems my information's outdated then, where I can I find this evidence?

Edit: As of one hour ago, here's what I found:

In America, at least, everyone who's contracted the virus thus far as done so through direct physical contact, so the estimates for COVID-19 are staying on the low end of that spectrum, as it's assumed it's not particularly easy to catch it from surfaces based on what we currently know.
9-48 hours surviving on surfaces with no host

You guys understand me wrong, i mean If they didn't complete the game and 18 days left to early access and in Turkey, government took measure early and fast. Officially 1 corona case announced. I hope cases does not increase. But im literally bored to wait and I didn't played(i didn't get the key) closed beta. i really want to play this game, i have been waiting for a long time. I don't wanna hear ''release date changed'' news.
Could not help but smile when reading the line '' in Turkey, government took measure early and fast. '' all the media in Turkey are controlled .. so you believe that they have only 1 case ? dont be naive .. Iran in their doorstep has people dying evry day .. Turkey almost beath the same air with china and its famous destination for work , vacation and import , export ,still closer than Italy .. and yes only 1 case.. Open your minds !

Could not help but smile when reading the line '' in Turkey, government took measure early and fast. '' all the media in Turkey are controlled .. so you believe that they have only 1 case ? dont be naive .. Iran in their doorstep has people dying evry day .. Turkey almost beath the same air with china and its famous destination for work , vacation and import , export ,still closer than Italy .. and yes only 1 case.. Open your minds !

I just believe offical announcements sir(https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd). Also this virus generally killing old people like childrens are transporting virus helping to spread. and we don't know future maybe tomorrow 50 more cases? I just said ''government TOOK MEASURE early and fast'' If you look Italy, they didn't take measure then virus spread in italy so fast. Also turkey's first case is coming from abroad.

Last edited:
Fortunately, working remotely is somewhat easier in the software industry than in some others. It's still not ideal -- I suspect in-person meetings and such are productive for planning purposes -- but I think at the stage of development the game's currently in, working from home won't impact it too badly.

Hopefully everybody stays safe.

Turkey almost beath the same air with china and its famous destination for work , vacation and import , export ,still closer than Italy .. and yes only 1 case.. Open your minds !

What? Turkey literally has almost zero relations with China both commercially and in terms of tourism compared to Italy. If we compare with Italy: Italy is a huge destination for Chinese tourists and has a big working Chinese immigrant population compared to Turkey. I think you should open your google and start searching instead lol.

Also about the media, no one is believing media. People are just believing their eyes. I have friends and relatives working in hospitals who are very well connected as most doctors are. There really isn't huge influx of sick people currently. That is just the fact. Maybe people are sick and staying home and getting well there. We dunno but overall there is no epidemic crisis.

That is not to say it won't be in Turkey, it most definitely will be however currently there is no epidemic. During next few weeks we are gonna have to face the fact that almost everyone around the globe will be infected by this virus. It is a type of flu, which is really infectious, can travel far and last for a long time. Millions of people will be infected by this virus. It is not about not getting infected it is about managing the numbers so that your healthcare can provide for people in need.

About air stuff, that really isn't how this virus works.

Its too late already we're all doomed!!! Buy toilet paper in the supermarkt and maybe you will survive! Taleworlds gave thousands of keys to chinese so they can spread the virus faster!!1

Simmer down there, fella. People said the same thing about China (and still are), yet the WHO and CDC findings all over the world are matching the infection and death rates China was putting out well before they started getting numbers from Europe and elsewhere. Besides, isn't Turkey also cooperating with the WHO? I could be wrong about that, but they're a member of NATO so I don't see why they wouldn't cooperate with the WHO...

A very interersting document about coronavirus. I recommend you to read it.

The coronavirus is coming to you.
It’s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
It’s a matter of days. Maybe a week or two.
When it does, your healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways.
Exhausted healthcare workers will break down. Some will die.
They will have to decide which patient gets the oxygen and which one dies.
The only way to prevent this is social distancing today. Not tomorrow. Today.
That means keeping as many people home as possible, starting now.

I get what this article is trying to do. It's trying to ramp up the fear to an absurd level so people take measures of reducing the spread seriously. But man, what a bleak way to put it. The vast majority of people who contract the virus won't even need treatment. Almost none of this happened during the swine flu outbreak. Not in my country, anyway. And swine flu infected a great deal more people than COVID-19 has. Roughly 24% of the world's population, according to the study I found.

Now if we look at the data out of China (which thus far, again, has matched findings by the CDC and WHO in other nations), we find that there have been 80,971 cumulative reported (far more have probably gone undetected) infections. 65,629 of which have recovered already, by the way. Out of a population of 1.42 billion or so, this comes out to a fraction of a percentage so small that my calculator doesn't even register it. 0.05% is what I think it's saying.

Taking Italy as a more extreme (and less widely mistrusted) example, 17,660 infections out of a population of 60.3 million. This, again, is a fraction of a percentage I can't read with my incomplete mathematics education. 2.927837946192307e-4, whatever the hell that means when converted to a percentage. 0.02% is, again, what I assume it's trying to say.

South Korea, 8,086 reported cases out of 51,709,098. Again, if I'm reading my calculator right, 0.01%. With these numbers being on the high end of the spectrum internationally (after South Korea it starts to drop drastically), we can surmise that the very, very rough average infection rate at the moment is somewhere around... Let's just go high end on this. Let's say 0.05% as the AVERAGE rate of infection in every nation worldwide, fullstop. This is an INCREDIBLY generous assumption in favor of COVID-19's infection speed.

The virus was first identified last December, so this 0.05% took around three months to build. This means that at the current rate of infection (which I fully understand won't hold, given the nature of infectious diseases), a year after it started, COVID-19 will have infected... I can't even do the math when dividing by three, it's giving me another number I don't know how to handle. Let's just screw it and assume all these infections happened this month. If this rate holds, COVID-19 WILL HAVE INFECTED 0.6% OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION in the time it took the 2009 swine flu pandemic to infect 24%.

(Edit: As far as Washington State and the death rate, please be aware that the majority of those deaths were all linked to a single nursing home. In other words, an assisted care facility for seniors too sick to take care of themselves before contracting COVID-19.)

Suffice it to say, it's gonna have to move a hell of a lot faster if it wants to become anything close to what that pandemic was, and we got through that. In fact, I don't even remember half the panic then that we're getting over this. We're actively fighting this one, avoiding one another and self-quarantining. No one did that on a mass scale during the 2009 scare.

We're gonna be alright, humanity. We're gonna make it.

Please stop buying up all the toilet paper.

Last edited:
Remember when this was a forum where people discussed Bannerlord?

Here in the US we respond to disease outbreaks by hording toilet paper. It's not as glamorous as it sounds...

Remember when this was a forum where people discussed Bannerlord?

Here in the US we respond to disease outbreaks by hording toilet paper. It's not as glamorous as it sounds...

I acted practically and decided not to take this convenience away from my fellow man when the threat of quaratine was nowhere near my town with exactly 0 infections.

I was foolish.

The toilet paper is now gone and I have to make 15 rolls last for what will potentially be months.

Back
Top Bottom