Taleworlds? Are you there?

Users who are viewing this thread

I know it will be in the game. But there is no point adding them in 7 months when everyone stopped playing
Yeah games already dying at a faster rate than a cupcake shop in 2020. It’s gonna be dead in 2 months easily

if they are not responding, wtf is this forum for?
It takes like 10 seconds to type something like "ok we will fix that later" or "no this is not going to happen"
just look at the combat threads, it's just players arguing with each other and devs never reply

Yeah games already dying at a faster rate than a cupcake shop in 2020. It’s gonna be dead in 2 months easily

Are you meaning multiplayer alone? because the full game is nowhere near dying, its active players on Steam is incredibly high.

Anyone expecting a multiplayer scene to flourish in a unfinished state of the game is more than a bit naive. There are going to be major issues and nobody is blaming you for not wanting to play it in its current state but If/when they actually do fix the issues, nobody is going to refuse to come back. Theres a reason absolute messes of games like No Mans Sky still get players back after making changes. If these problems exist on launch when the game is supposed to be in a fished state? Yeah then we have a problem.

Last edited:
It takes like 10 seconds to type something like "ok we will fix that later" or "no this is not going to happen"
just look at the combat threads, it's just players arguing with each other and devs never reply

I would like them to have more input on issues before they are fixed but, even in Singleplayer, there doesn't seem to be much response in threads, we just see the issues being patched out. That shows they are at least reading the threads, if not actually participating in them all that much. A thread of "known issues" like with bugs would be helpful.

+1 They should answer about the problems. They should even expand their developer staff. Then they should answer all the topics one by one. Because there is a lot of feedback from the community and we don't even know if they read it.

+1 They should answer about the problems. They should even expand their developer staff. Then they should answer all the topics one by one. Because there is a lot of feedback from the community and we don't even know if they read it.

On the plus side, with the sheer number of sales of Bannerlord, they might be able to expand the Dev team quite a bit.

Are you meaning multiplayer alone? because the full game is nowhere near dying, its active players on Steam is incredibly high.

Anyone expecting a multiplayer scene to flourish in a unfinished state of the game is more than a bit naive. There are going to be major issues and nobody is blaming you for not wanting to play it in its current state but If/when they actually do fix the issues, nobody is going to refuse to come back. Theres a reason absolute messes of games like No Mans Sky still get players back after making changes. If these problems exist on launch when the game is supposed to be in a fished state? Yeah then we have a problem.
The only reason why the game is so popular right now is a) a large pool of players with nothing else to do for the best part of several months and b) a huge amount of hype surrounding the game that has been a meme “bannerlord when” sound familiar? What’s not to say that in a 4 months time when the hype has died the game will have at most half the players still actively playing?

The only reason why the game is so popular right now is a) a large pool of players with nothing else to do for the best part of several months and b) a huge amount of hype surrounding the game that has been a meme “bannerlord when” sound familiar? What’s not to say that in a 4 months time when the hype has died the game will have at most half the players still actively playing?

The reviews have been solid, If you look at the reception and feedback not just on these forums specifically designed for pointing out flaws, along with the amount of people playing (concurrent player numbers on steam) , its pretty clear the game is well received, and a lot of skepticism for the games current state has been diminished by the speed of single player patches addressing reported issues. Not to mention how huge a boost to popularity mods will be. People have a ton of time right now, but they wouldn't be playing the game if it was garbage.

Theres no guarantee the multiplayer with remain popular (depends if they manage to address the issues), but the game as a whole certainly will.

Last edited:

Just looking into it, they *are* responding in the forums. "MArdA TaleWorld " has made like 25 forum posts today alone.

The decline has already begun. Multiplayer is barely functional and downright boring, and Singleplayer, while a good foundation, is barebones, buggy and riddled with questionable design choices. If it wasn't for the modding community fixing many of the small problems with the game(especially character progression), I couldn't even play the game at all. Once the novelty wears off, singleplayer will slowly die too, and that will most likely be within the next 3 months. The decline in playerbase has already begun, which to be fair is to be expected, that's how all games go.

Anyone expecting a multiplayer scene to flourish in a unfinished state of the game is more than a bit naive.
The issue isn't that there's bugs and problems, Warband's beta had it's fair share and it continued to grow. It's that they never get fixed. Bannerlord's multiplayer has basically died, and that's an issue considering the artificially inflated gaming numbers due to the epidemic at the moment. I'm not sure if you were here during the beta, but ~90% of the problems and balance issues brought forward by the community, which had a general consensus that they should be fixed/balanced, did not get resolved in 9 months. And what's worse is that whole sections of the combat system have so many issues that we don't know what are intentional features or bugs half the time, and to top it all off TaleWorlds won't communicate. Nobody expects any community to "flourish in a unfinished game", only that it seems to be stuck in near permanent developmental deadlock and we have zero idea when or even if issues will be resolved.

Just looking into it, they *are* responding in the forums. "MArdA TaleWorld " has made like 25 forum posts today alone.
The mp is certainly being neglected, their focus in on sp which i can understand, but most threads in mp receive no response from the devs

The decline has already begun. Multiplayer is barely functional and downright boring, and Singleplayer, while a good foundation, is barebones, buggy and riddled with questionable design choices. If it wasn't for the modding community fixing many of the small problems with the game(especially character progression), I couldn't even play the game at all. Once the novelty wears off, singleplayer will slowly die too, and that will most likely be within the next 3 months. The decline in playerbase has already begun, which to be fair is to be expected, that's how all games go.

Warband's single player was the driving force behind its playerbase and that is the case for Bannerlord as well and, putting nostalgia aside, it was also riddled with issues and it became almost a staple recommendation from fans to use mods, where the native game mode was seen as a lesser experience. Hell, The original mount and blade before Warband was basically their "early access" of the series, and we saw the vast improvements moving into Warband. Bannerlord will be no different and your remark about mods already go to show that. The one difference being that the single player is actually seeing the issues being addressed by the devs with near daily patches. Far from perfect as is, but already in a much better state. There will obviously be a decline in players before launch as you've said, but no I do not believe the game is dying in any shape or form. I expect the longevity of Warband.

The issue isn't that there's bugs and problems, Warband's beta had it's fair share and it continued to grow. It's that they never get fixed. Bannerlord's multiplayer has basically died, and that's an issue considering the artificially inflated gaming numbers due to the epidemic at the moment. I'm not sure if you were here during the beta, but ~90% of the problems and balance issues brought forward by the community, which had a general consensus that they should be fixed/balanced, did not get resolved in 9 months. And what's worse is that whole sections of the combat system have so many issues that we don't know what are intentional features or bugs half the time, and to top it all off TaleWorlds won't communicate. Nobody expects any community to "flourish in a unfinished game", only that it seems to be stuck in near permanent developmental deadlock and we have zero idea when or even if issues will be resolved.

I mean, It hasn't died. Competitively and in terms of people taking it seriously in that way, in its current form? Certainly, but there is no shortage of casual players at the moment. I was there during the beta and while we saw some issues fixed, most havn't. I agree the mtultiplayer is in a unfinished state at the moment but I firmly believe that is due to resources being devoted towards single player. Once SP is in a stable state I do foresee the amount of attention we are currently seeing on SP, switch over to the issues plaguing MP

Right now I absolutely do wish there was more of a concrete plan for the future, but it seems taleworlds doesn't really want to do that for whatever reason. Even in single player, while were seeing issues addressed, its pretty much seen in patches and they don't really communicate what they are working on beforehand often.

which makes me wonder do they even care if the game is dying.... since the company already sold like 5 million copies and made tons of money

The mp is certainly being neglected, their focus in on sp which i can understand, but most threads in mp receive no response from the devs

I picked that dev for a reason, almost all their posts were on the MP forums. There are a lot of threads, its difficult to see all their responses.

Warband's single player was the driving force behind its playerbase and that is the case for Bannerlord as well and, putting nostalgia aside, it was also riddled with issues and it became almost a staple recommendation from fans to use mods, where the native game mode was seen as a lesser experience. Hell, The original mount and blade before Warband was basically their "early access" of the series, and we saw the vast improvements moving into Warband. Bannerlord will be no different and your remark about mods already go to show that. The one difference being that the single player is actually seeing the issues being addressed by the devs with near daily patches. Far from perfect as is, but already in a much better state. There will obviously be a decline in players before launch as you've said, but no I do not believe the game is dying in any shape or form. I expect the longevity of Warband.
The game has to be broken up into Singleplayer and Multiplayer sections, you can't talk about both at the same time. I've already agreed that singleplayer is a good foundation, but as the novelty wears off, the playerbase will drop significantly until total conversion mods start appearing. When you look at the steam stats, Bannerlord and GTA V were floating around the same player numbers ~5 days ago, and now Bannerlord is seeing 30,000 less daily players than GTA V. So the decline has objectively begun. This section of the forum and this thread is devoted to multiplayer, and while I mentioned singleplayer in passing, the core problems here is the multiplayer.

I mean, It hasn't died.
I suppose I should clarify my statement: The core demographic of people playing the game at all in my region are what I call 'pedestrians'. They're not dedicated players, they're the people that buy a new game because it looks cool, they play maybe 20-30 hours in multiplayer at most, and then probably never touch it again. I played Warband multiplayer 10-15 hours a day when it first came out, whereas I haven't even played 10 hours of Bannerlord multiplayer in the last 16 days. There is nobody on my steam friend's list (which is mostly hardcore Mount & Blade players) who is consistently playing multiplayer. So when the pedestrians move on to the next thing, the game's multiplayer will have essentially died. Which is what I mean by "basically dead".

Competitively and in terms of people taking it seriously in that way, in its current form?
Nobody I've talked to is taking it seriously right now? It's impossible to take seriously because there's no competitive mode and the combat is clunky, slow, and unbalanced.

I agree the mtultiplayer is in a unfinished state at the momment but I firmly believe that is due to resources being devoted towards single player. Once SP is in a stable state I do forsee the amount of attention we are currently seeing in SP, switch over to the issues plaguing
I hope you're right, but we don't know that. TaleWorlds could make a statement regarding this and simply won't. From what little information we can glean from TaleWorlds developers; the combat mechanics are the way they like it and won't recieve an overhaul, and the premade class system is here to stay. That means the multiplayer is essentially unviable on an indefinite basis, and there is zero communication, meaning that these design choices could be permanent.

People I know are mourning the series since it’s gonna die without dev intervention, and the devs don’t intervene sooo

Nobody I've talked to is taking it seriously right now? It's impossible to take seriously because there's no competitive mode and the combat is clunky, slow, and unbalanced.

A little bit of a communication problem here, I was agreeing with that statement. Thats why I said "certainly", afterword..Anyone wanting to take the game seriously in a competitive sense has no reason to play consistently at the moment due to the issues..At least no reason to play competitively, though there are fans who have already played a substantial amount to provide in depth feedback. Honestly though, I don't believe the Warband competitive scene was the only thing keeping them multiplayer alive, there were still a large amount of "pedestrians" as you put it, up until Warbands release. I feel like Bannerlord in its current state (outside of actual bugs and performance issues) is still functional enough to keep a casual crowd around. Thats not an excuse for why issues should not be fixed, just an observation that I don't foresee the multiplayer dying overall. It just has the potential to forever be seen as just a causal experience with none of the competitive depth Warband had.

When it comes to the combat mechanics, and class system, I do believe much of these aspects are around to stay as you've stated, however I don't believe they are incapable of refinement, to get to a point that meets both the developers vision, and competitive players desires. Unfortunately, communication is lacking for the game in general. My initial worry upon release was this meant that no issues would be addressed. I have been pleased with the rate of improvements in single player (despite little communication there as well) so I am optimistic for changes to multiplayer when we see a switch in focus. You're right that we don't really have a way of knowing if this is true. The best bet is to continue to list any problems. I bought the game fully understanding this however, I had no illusions that I'd be putting 100's of hours into the multiplayer yet, its very clear in the games current state, the main focus should be on focusing out the issues and hoping for a response from the devs.

If there are no issues addressed a few months down the line, that will be another story. At that point I won't blame anyone for abandoning multiplayer. Right now, theres still hope they changes will be made. I think the "devs aren't listening, abandon all hope" mindset isn't justified..yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom