TaleWorlds Appreciation Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

There seems to be some negativity in the forums occasionally, therefore threads like these are needed. Just like Ying and Yang is part of our everyday lives, so is love and hate.

People love the game so much that they spite hateful comments on the forums because of it. Ying and Yang.

One can perhaps also liken it to the battle between good and evil. Evil being the non-constructive belligerent hate threads, and the good being the detailed constructive feedback and bugfixing threads.

There is something philosophical about all of this. How we all come together to either criticize or praise this game. How an ancient Chinese philosophy is often correct.

There is beauty in these forums and our interactions here. Even if those interactions consists of unintelligible memes and snarky remarks.

Peace,
Lucius
I think on/since release people were very much entitled to be disappointed with the state of the game - it was very early EA and especially considering it had been in development for 8 freaking years...

Development since then has not exactly been lightning fast - at all. However we are now in the awkward stage where realistically the game is actually not as bad as people say (or anywhere near as good as people want it to be) - but we have regrettably been divided into tribes where the only acceptable positions are 'white knighting' or 'complaining'.

This game is very much a case of 'Perfection is the enemy of the good'. Bannerlord will be a good game - will it be everything we ever hyped ourselves up for? No - at least not before the modding community gets involved.

...but it has become clearer and clearer that the base of the game is at least 'adequate' . It's fun; I've already got 500+ hours in it; becoming my 3rd or 4th most played steam game before it's proper release. If TW were sitting there calling the game release-ready; then this would be a different conversation... but no. They just pushed the release indefinitely. Hell it may take another freaking 5 years... but we will get there.

So in-summary: Really every thread in this forum should be a shade of grey - but I guess it is easier to take extreme views then it is moderate ones.

Last edited:
I've been hanging on rather impatiently for this game to be developed under EA for a year but eventually gave in and purchased it. So far I value it as a long time invested Warband 2.0 and despite occasional complaints here and there, I genuinely enjoy the experience so far. I loved Warband and remembered it fondly until I went back to play the vanilla while waiting for this. Then I realized how much of the content was actually added by modders. I mean it is a 10 year old game that still has the "unhappy lord" issue where AI can't handle lords becoming more and more unhappy in time, they keep switching sides and eventually all AI kingdoms collapse from inside and all you have to do is taking their fiefs as they can't even build armies to defend against your kingdom.This is a very very serious broken end game mechanic in a completed game.

My sincere hope is TW to iron out all core mechanic issues of Bannerlord until official release, instead of focusing on adding more content because I do mind AI not being able to climb a ladder properly way more than I mind having a "I have a quick question" option on a conversation menu that ends up nothing. Modders will hopefully do the rest. Not a fact I'm happy with but I have to accept because I don't know if there is any other game around that offers what this does in general. Let me know if there is.

...but it has become clearer and clearer that the base of the game is at least 'adequate' . It's fun; I've already got 500+ hours in it; becoming my 3rd or 4th most played steam game before it's proper release
What are your top EA games then? Maybe there's a pattern that's specific to you. Star Citizen? DayZ? :smile:

What are your top EA games then? Maybe there's a pattern that's specific to you. Star Citizen? DayZ? :smile:
Well Rim-world which was in EA for the best part of a decade... and 7 Days to Die - which is still in EA after the best part of a decade. Both brilliant games... but... yeah.

I just bought a King-Arthur RPG... which while looks and plays great is on version 0.01 or something..

It was a pretty massive disappoint for me to hear Bannerlord was coming EA - because I just naturally added about 5 years of development time on in my head.

Perhaps that is why I am more forgiving.. but this is my view of EA: 'Not ready by a million miles'. Guess I was already mentally prepared for bannerlord.

Chronicles of elyria
artworks-000117242364-h64tuh-t500x500.jpg

Chronicles of elyria
artworks-000117242364-h64tuh-t500x500.jpg
I didn't buy that... but I followed it for years...

Also Guild 3... that got bought out by another company halfway through... Still barely functional years later.

I mean... did people honestly assume EA meant anywhere nearly finished? Because i've never seen it mean that... in 10 years of steam games.

I mean if your perception of EA means 10 years of further development... if it even gets finished at all... then it is much easier to be on board with Taleworlds.

There seems to be some negativity in the forums occasionally, therefore threads like these are needed. Just like Ying and Yang is part of our everyday lives, so is love and hate.

People love the game so much that they spite hateful comments on the forums because of it. Ying and Yang.

One can perhaps also liken it to the battle between good and evil. Evil being the non-constructive belligerent hate threads, and the good being the detailed constructive feedback and bugfixing threads.

There is something philosophical about all of this. How we all come together to either criticize or praise this game. How an ancient Chinese philosophy is often correct.

There is beauty in these forums and our interactions here. Even if those interactions consists of unintelligible memes and snarky remarks.

Peace,
Lucius

Can i have whatever your smoking ? Would help me out tremendously for the lockdown.

Appreciate it.

I think on/since release people were very much entitled to be disappointed with the state of the game - it was very early EA and especially considering it had been in development for 8 freaking years...

Development since then has not exactly been lightning fast - at all. However we are now in the awkward stage where realistically the game is actually not as bad as people say (or anywhere near as good as people want it to be) - but we have regrettably been divided into tribes where the only acceptable positions are 'white knighting' or 'complaining'.

This game is very much a case of 'Perfection is the enemy of the good'. Bannerlord will be a good game - will it be everything we ever hyped ourselves up for? No - at least not before the modding community gets involved.

...but it has become clearer and clearer that the base of the game is at least 'adequate' . It's fun; I've already got 500+ hours in it; becoming my 3rd or 4th most played steam game before it's proper release. If TW were sitting there calling the game release-ready; then this would be a different conversation... but no. They just pushed the release indefinitely. Hell it may take another freaking 5 years... but we will get there.

So in-summary: Really every thread in this forum should be a shade of grey - but I guess it is easier to take extreme views then it is moderate ones.
Indeed. Grey should be the philosophical standpoint of many things in our world, the inbetween of ying and yang. Or perhaps its convergence?

Can i have whatever your smoking ? Would help me out tremendously for the lockdown.

Appreciate it.
Why do you think I smoke? I am a non-smoker and have been all my life. Neither do I partake in the use of illicit substances or chemicals. Just because someone is of an opinion foreign to your own does not make them wrong or strange. Just different. We should embrace our differences in a conclave of forumites, showing mutual respect towards one another and viewing each other's opinions through a lens of understanding and compassion.

I understand the haters, and I love them for showing such enthusiasm and not simply abandoning the game altogether. But I do not share their hateful stance towards TaleWorlds.

Back
Top Bottom