SP - General *Taleworld* A Must Add Features in The Game ( List )

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been playing RTS games for 15 Years Now and this game is by far getting close to what I want but it still missing a lot of major things, here is a list of things that official designers and engineers should add to the game (not the modders) :-

1- Naval Combat ( Like AC black flag or odyssey)
2- Sandbox Map Generator ( we are bored and tired of the same map layout every single campaign)
3- Colored Borders and Map Zones ( colored zone of the land the player owns, when zoom out)
4- Increase Battle Troops to at least 4000
5- Spawning Troops in Siege or a Battle should be organized, especially in a siege, they should spawn from the siege camp
6- Name Editing of characters(other clans) and settlements.
7- More things to do in Cities and villages such as fist fight, stealing, selling in the market, fishing, archery competition , horse racing , flyting , buying houses, establishing a company, building , adding more life into the city life, which require major graphics fixing.
8- Allowing to create clans from my own companions or family members and choose their banner and name.
9- Adding singing in the tavern and big feasts.
10- Adding option to held Weddings and inviting kings in the lords hall and chose the venue whether its a castle or a city.
11- Adding option to have a capital city, where most of you family members stay.
12- When at siege , TW should add more troops scattered around the city making use of all traps and towers, and should have 3 stages of defenses. the last one should be the lords hall where we fight the lords and highest tier soldiers.
13- When at siege, AI should have more options when it comes to choosing the best option for a fight ( give them more intelligence)
14- Adding option to have more than 1 wife.
15- Increase The Size of the Map.
16- Adding option to choose how many Cities, clans and villages in the game.
17- Allowing to craft saddles, armors and caravans or carrousel.
18- Adding fire Arrows.
19- Adding Horns while commanding at battle.
20- Adding More Formations for Troops.
21- Adding Religions or Religious buildings.
22- Adding option to train your children and chose their paths.
23- Adding annual events such as sports, feasts, kings meeting (where you can create a chaos , maybe kill one of them)
24- This is a single player game the graphics is not up to the standards of other major games, i cannot say its the worst , but its not even top 20. i hope there is something can be done (maybe)
25- Adding Voiced Conversations to all scenes.

I hope I covered what is in my mind, and I am not asking for an impossible things. I hope you like what I am suggesting.

Thanks,
Roy

Last edited:
Keep dreaming, pal. Even doing the basics is taking months and months, some of these bullet points would take decades for TW to finish at the current pace of work. I'd also challenge "must add". We only paid once and TW never said they were going to do anything like that. It's a bit unfair to expect them to make the perfect game where you can do literally anything and everything.

There's a couple of exceptions though:
1: Sea travel/combat might actually be a DLC, based on statements Armagan has made in interviews in the past. Don't expect the depth of Black Flag though.
7: I've asked for town/village activities or mini-quests myself, it probably won't happen but it's something that doesn't seem hugely difficult and would definitely make town/village scenes useful for the effort it would require. What is "flyting"?
8: Statements by a dev have indicated this is planned.
12: Lord's Hall fights are in development and in theory we should have them before the end of the year.
21: Allow me to plug a mod which works with 1.5.9, if you're interested. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3015/
24: The graphics are good enough- the game looks fairly good, even if it's not up to the standards of other games. There is no likelihood of the graphics improving to look like a Cryengine game, because that would ruin performance in 1000 troop battles.

Most of the list feels arbitrary and optional, i.e. true mod territory. There are so many other issues they need to fix first that are more important.
Saying both "add religion, full voice-overs, better graphics, more troops per battle, larger map" and "this is not impossible" looks like trolling.

Most of the list feels arbitrary and optional, i.e. true mod territory. There are so many other issues they need to fix first that are more important.
Saying both "add religion, full voice-overs, better graphics, more troops per battle, larger map" and "this is not impossible" looks like trolling.
trolling!! wow. if you think what i have wished for is arbitrary , then sir you haven't played RTS in your whole short life. the game is bland , needs more in depth. you have to compare it with other games to see what its missing and what it has better. we both agree the game needs alot to fix but that does not mean ignoring other facts. best of luck Duke.

Keep dreaming, pal. Even doing the basics is taking months and months, some of these bullet points would take decades for TW to finish at the current pace of work. I'd also challenge "must add". We only paid once and TW never said they were going to do anything like that. It's a bit unfair to expect them to make the perfect game where you can do literally anything and everything.

There's a couple of exceptions though:
1: Sea travel/combat might actually be a DLC, based on statements Armagan has made in interviews in the past. Don't expect the depth of Black Flag though.
7: I've asked for town/village activities or mini-quests myself, it probably won't happen but it's something that doesn't seem hugely difficult and would definitely make town/village scenes useful for the effort it would require. What is "flyting"?
8: Statements by a dev have indicated this is planned.
12: Lord's Hall fights are in development and in theory we should have them before the end of the year.
21: Allow me to plug a mod which works with 1.5.9, if you're interested. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3015/
24: The graphics are good enough- the game looks fairly good, even if it's not up to the standards of other games. There is no likelihood of the graphics improving to look like a Cryengine game, because that would ruin performance in 1000 troop battles.
well let me rephrase it then " hope list" "wish list". mods are to enhance the experience of the game not to create new art or new mechanics, the modders work with what they have since they are doing it for free. I was wishing for the developers to add + create something that lasts for decades. for example " crusader 2" " total war" "civilizations" these games have more Lore to them. "bannerlord 2" took them 9 years to develop! and it still EA. don't get me wrong i love the game and the fights , but i am greedy , I want the game to last with me for years, with what we have it wont last more than it already lasted so far. I have finished 4 campaigns and i tried to stretch them to 8000 days each! in the end its all wishes for a gamer who wants the best gaming experience.

best of luck Sergeant at Arms

So,
1) They said they want to implement this down the road, possibly via DLCs
2) No
3) No
4) No
5) It's being worked on (idk about siege camp thing but you will be able to organize your soldiers before spawn)
6) No
7) No
8 ) No
9) No
10) Possible
11) No to capital
12) Keep fights are being worked on, no to other ones
13) Afaik it's being worked on
14) No
15) Possible via DLCs
16) No
17) Possible most likely no
18 ) Possible most likely no
19) Possible most likely no
20) No
21) Definitely no
22) Isn't this already in game?
23) Possible
24) No
25) They said they want to do this in the future

So as MadVader said most of this stuff is mod territory

edit, random emoji fixes

trolling!! wow. if you think what i have wished for is arbitrary , then sir you haven't played RTS in your whole short life. the game is bland , needs more in depth. you have to compare it with other games to see what its missing and what it has better. we both agree the game needs alot to fix but that does not mean ignoring other facts. best of luck Duke.
The game is not a RTS and doesn't play as such. It's also not a simulation of a stealthy archer or haystack jumper who has time to slap tavern wenches butts while the enemy is burning his villages.
You are a commander in mass battles and the strategic part is about preparing for those battles and giving them meaning.
If you are not trolling, than you are confused about what kind of game this is, or about the scale of development effort required for various features and indeed what are the current top issues with the game (siege troop problems, battle formation AI, armor mechanics). What you are getting right is that the RPG element is too minimal and the game feels empty. It's as if you rushed to make a random list for an imaginary competition for suggestion list length and filled it with random stuff.

I have nothing to do so,

1- Yes
2- No. We only need calradia. Leave custom maps to modders
3- what
4- Yessss
5- Yes
6- No
7- That's alot, but yes.
8- Companions = No, they are not nobles. Family members, they are under your clan.
9- Singing? as in a videoke? kidding
10- Yes
11- But why?
12- yes, but the last one sounds like a hollywood scene
13- yes
14- no
15- not in bannerlord, possibly in next series
16- no
17- no
18- hahaha
19- yes
20- yes
21- yes
22- no
23- no, unless AI lord can do it to you too
24- we don't need best graphics, we need more content and better gameplay
25- okeey

"Just redo all of the graphics"
"Just increase the battle size to 4000" (lmao?)

There is no way a real non-trolling human could legitimately think even half of this list is remotely possible. Also the idea that the campaign should have to have the same complexity as a game series like CK is completely ridiculous considering the entire point of CK is the campaign. Why should Bannerlord, a game with a intricate battle system have to have the same level of diplomatic complexity as Crusader Kings, a game whose battle system is just numbers ticking down?

Most such list lists gets no replies or attention so something you did right.... (even if alot of the replies are negative.)

Alot of the things you suggests could be good and make sense if you put them in any form of context. Features are only good if they play together.

I´d focus on 2-5 releted points and point out how they together could broaden the game and make it better. Honestly, I could pick 20 points on your list, individually implement them and probably make the game alot worse than it is

Back
Top Bottom