SP - General Take my denars and forge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Being able to forge a weapon in Bannerlord is already a reality; a clear advance in terms of the forging dynamics offered by Nova Aetas for Warband.

mLy3Y.jpg

However, why can't I pay to be forged what I want?

If we go back to 2016 the weapons editor was basically that. You would go into the forge, interact with the blacksmith, edit your sword and pay.

Why don't we give this a twist? Here's my suggestion:

1. Keep the current forging system. If the character is the one who forges, he will need skills, materials and money. In the dialogue interaction panel enable the two possibilities; manual forging / custom forging.

2. Enable the function of paying for the weapon (as in the 2016 video) in each and every forge in all the different settlements. These random blacksmiths would have standard random forging skills; therefore we could only get standard random material (Tier 1 - 4). The shipment would take 1 day.

3. Add 6 different NPC master blacksmiths in 6 different cities on the map; 1 for each faction. These masters would be capable of supplying lordy and standard weapons (Tier 1-5) of native origin for a fee. The more difficult the forging, the more you pay for the weapon; it's obvious. The shipment would take 1 day.

With this "system", we could have both options. In my opinion, this would expand the player's playable experience while enriching the lore.

HarmfulForsakenLamprey-size_restricted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. It didn't really make sense to me that you can walk into the town, ask the blacksmith to use his tools but that we can't ask him to make us our weapons.
Also with the waiting mechanic inbetween each round of smithing, the cost for your inactive can really become a problem.
And finally which king or nobleman spends their day with smithing?
Singleplayer is a lot of roleplay and I want to pay plebs to do my work for me.

The problem is that with this suggestion alone, not enough importance is given to the "smithing" skill, which would end up being almost a waste of points.
Such a (reasonable) request must be accompanied by an additional suggestion relating to skill smithing.
I am already working on it and soon I will propose a suggestion thread that foresees both what is asked in this thread, and what I have written to you in addition, and also take into consideration the entire production and economic system of the game in various areas, in order to make it convenient to have that skill, but that without it you do not deprive yourself of the possibility of having customized weapons.
As soon as I post it, I'll send you the link.

I feel like this would make the smithing skill irrelevant given the amount of time and effort it takes to level up and get all the recipes. Unless the cost for having those blacksmiths make a weapon is insanely expensive (talking 1-10 million for a Lordly tier and 100+ million for a legendary) then I don't think it could be implemented. The only other idea is to make the smithing skill less tedious by increasing xp gain and being able to buy recipes from vendors.

The problem is that with this suggestion alone, not enough importance is given to the "smithing" skill, which would end up being almost a waste of points.
I don't agree. It is true that it would be a waste of points the actual problem is that the current leveling-system forced us to gather all the points to level up.
If I don't want to be a smith, I shouldn't be forced to be one- especially in a Sandboy-Game.
Maybe it doesn't fit that my heroic Master-Strategist ist also a Master-Merchant and Master-Gangboss that is also a Master-Smith as a free-time activity.

But that doesn't mean that a fitting replacement-skill is not welcome.

I don't agree. It is true that it would be a waste of points the actual problem is that the current leveling-system forced us to gather all the points to level up.
If I don't want to be a smith, I shouldn't be forced to be one- especially in a Sandboy-Game.
Maybe it doesn't fit that my heroic Master-Strategist ist also a Master-Merchant and Master-Gangboss that is also a Master-Smith as a free-time activity.

But that doesn't mean that a fitting replacement-skill is not welcome.
Where did you read that you have to be a blacksmith?
you CAN do it, but in terms of gameplay, if you do it but there is a blacksmith who does the same thing and saves you the points you can spend elsewhere (the focus) and the time, then the skill smithing becomes useless.
I want it to be useful for those who choose it.
I said that his suggestion alone is not enough, because it solves one problem and creates another.
The fact that one problem is less relevant to you than another is your arbitrary point of view, which however does not take into account the fact that you are not the only one playing, that the others do not play as you play.

Where did you read that you have to be a blacksmith?
you CAN do it, but in terms of gameplay, if you do it but there is a blacksmith who does the same thing and saves you the points you can spend elsewhere (the focus) and the time, then the skill smithing becomes useless.
I want it to be useful for those who choose it.
I said that his suggestion alone is not enough, because it solves one problem and creates another.
The fact that one problem is less relevant to you than another is your arbitrary point of view, which however does not take into account the fact that you are not the only one playing, that the others do not play as you play.
Some ways to fix the "problem".

1. Smithing skill is easier to level up.
2. Only smithing skill will allow you to create legendary weapons. The ones for purchase are lordly max.
3. Smithing skill will also boost engineering skill, and perhaps vice versa?
4. Smithing skill will be less costly than purchasing a custom made weapon.

You just don't want the feature right? There really isn't any problem that can't be fixed easily by balancing things. I can think of some more ways to balance it out if those 4 wasn't good enough.

Your own argument can be made against you too, being arbitrary and all that.

2. Only smithing skill will allow you to create legendary weapons. The ones for purchase are lordly max.

You just don't want the feature right? There really isn't any problem that can't be fixed easily by balancing things. I can think of some more ways to balance it out if those 4 wasn't good enough.

- Increase smithing stamina or remove stamina all together.

5. Remove smithing. It serves no real purpose and adds no real value.

I don't want the feature?
But if I wrote that it is not enough.
A greater understanding of the text would remedy too hasty answers.

leaving aside the controversy, I have already written that I am writing a thread on this topic that already contains these suggestions and those proposed by you, but in order to make the skill smithing useful and convenient albeit not essential.

I don't want the feature?
But if I wrote that it is not enough.
A greater understanding of the text would remedy too hasty answers.

leaving aside the controversy, I have already written that I am writing a thread on this topic that already contains these suggestions and those proposed by you, but in order to make the skill smithing useful and convenient albeit not essential.

in summary: I am not against this proposal, I just think it is not enough.
Furthermore, I believe that in some cases it would be necessary to modify or suggest several modifications in different areas, so that we have a broad and systemic vision of the game.
Individual changes can solve individual problems, but they risk not taking into account other problems.
Sometimes more organic changes are needed, which have an effect on multiple fields.
Such solutions are more difficult to achieve, but tend to solve multiple problems at once and better balance the game.
(for example in the case of smithing in production and economics I think it is a shame not to use it as a lever to regulate the aggressiveness of AI, but here the economy should be slightly modified and new mechanics inserted).

I apologize if I seemed rude and for the various misunderstandings.

5. Remove smithing. It serves no real purpose and adds no real value.
useless suggestion.
not to mention the lack of respect for those who have done a job behind this mechanic.
Thinking of reworking it by suggesting how to make it useful is too complicated?
Better to always ask for what we want and never suggest constructively.?

I am completely in favor of being able to have a weapon of your own choosing forged by a local blacksmith.
I am however against being able to find master blacksmiths that can forge you weaponry any better than average quality as this would pretty much remove any usefulness from the smithing skill outside of it being another way to make money. I think master blacksmiths instead would be able to make you weapons with parts higher than tier 3 for example, while regular blacksmiths can use tier 1-3 parts.
I think the 2 things that could be made available to people who level the skill themselves would be:

1. Mixing weapon parts from different cultures
and
2. Making weapons of superior quality

Such a (reasonable) request must be accompanied by an additional suggestion relating to skill smithing.
I am already working on it and soon I will propose a suggestion thread that foresees both what is asked in this thread, and what I have written to you in addition, and also take into consideration the entire production and economic system of the game in various areas, in order to make it convenient to have that skill, but that without it you do not deprive yourself of the possibility of having customized weapons.
As soon as I post it, I'll send you the link.
IDK, i feel like its an easy way to power level up to 22+. So I don't have to grind as much to level up. If you ignore scouting, medicine, and engineering as you can hire people for these, and pick only 2 combat skills, and pick either Riding OR athletics. You can just about max out the skills that are important with points by the time you max out Smithing at around 250-290 depending how much you investing into endurance. The important skills in my mind are charm, tactics, leadership, steward, riding, Throwing & polearm, and roguery.

Back
Top Bottom