SP - General Take my denars and forge!

Users who are viewing this thread

+1

I love the commission feature in the warband mod silverstag, you had to pay a ridiculous amount but you could order any item you want. You could even could order lordly items but they would take months to finish -- this alleviated some of the worry about missing rare spawns from vendors. It's also good to have very expensive things for players to spend their money on.

So in theory, players that had the smithing skill would save a lot of denars/time because they can simply do it themselves.

Plus, role playing reasons. Why should my lordly character have to learn to craft his own equipment when there are loads of competent blacksmiths in almost every direction he could hire and happily pay an exuberant amount to make custom equipment for him?
Yes ? + an option to improve the modifiers for a % of the price

1+
Love the ideas in this thread. Smithing yourself is fun, but I would also like a playthrough where I don't have to bother with that and spend ages grinding. My current playthrough I'm level 250ish smithing, and still have half of the parts to unlock, which is just a bore at this point. The 2016 showcase looked perfect tbh. Maybe replace the smithing tree with a shield specific one? Something warband had and was worth spending points on (in my opinion).

I'm a bit late to the party, but will add some thoughts.
This issue with smithing, reminds me a bit of skyrim.. you could argue that you aren't forced to level smithing in skyrim, but then why wouldn't you, If the items you create were way better than the loot you find or equip you buy from vendors?
You weren't forced, but if you didin't, you end up with mediocre equipment. (I know there was legendary/unique items you can't craft, but still)
When I've played Bannerlord, there was a similar feeling. I wasn't forced but it seems too good to not do..

Maybe smithing shouldn't be a character skill?
Maybe tie the options you have in smithing around the cities with your relation with them? (I may be talking BS now haha)
Like, if you want a variety of options/quality in two handed swords, you have to be in very good terms..
It could also be culture-specific. If you want to craft axes, for instance, then go to sturgian lands, something along those lines..
But then, with smithing not being a skill, maybe there is the need to another new skill replace it..
would it be too few skills?

Like I've said, i could be talking BS
What you guys think?

Oh yes pls, i am looking for a good two (or sometimes single) hander sword, can not find it even though i searched through almost all of the Calradia. I usually end up taking the weapon from the cheat inventory and pay the money closest city by buying equivalently valuable stuff, then i dispose them. But still, having customized swords without going through smithing and unlocking the parts (this one is nearly imspossible now since the command console code for unlock is also gone) would be great and the implementation shouldn't be harder than the ordering system.

Oh yes pls, i am looking for a good two (or sometimes single) hander sword, can not find it even though i searched through almost all of the Calradia. I usually end up taking the weapon from the cheat inventory and pay the money closest city by buying equivalently valuable stuff, then i dispose them. But still, having customized swords without going through smithing and unlocking the parts (this one is nearly imspossible now since the command console code for unlock is also gone) would be great and the implementation shouldn't be harder than the ordering system.
BTW the Bannerlord Cheats mod on Nexus includes a checkbox to unlock all smithing components. Makes the smithing mechanics a bit more bearable...
I mean why are the component unlocks random and not consigned to level of difficulty? Makes absolutely no sense from a gaming or roleplaying perspective, and should really have the player presented with a choice of components to learn at the appropriate difficulty tier.

BTW the Bannerlord Cheats mod on Nexus includes a checkbox to unlock all smithing components. Makes the smithing mechanics a bit more bearable...
I mean why are the component unlocks random and not consigned to level of difficulty? Makes absolutely no sense from a gaming or roleplaying perspective, and should really have the player presented with a choice of components to learn at the appropriate difficulty tier.
Yeah i know about the mods, thank you again nevertheless. But i would like to know why command console about such a basic stuff got removed.

I would love this too. I always try to sort of roleplay by using a mod to give all the smith wanderers (there are usually only one or two of them in the encyclopaedia) high stats then recruiting them and leaving them in a city to forge stuff when I want... but it's cheating.

Does anyone know if this feature is even being considered for implementation or is TW sticking with the idiot decision not to allow players pay for crafted weapons?

Also is there perhaps a mod that could do something similar? I can't find any on Nexus.

Does anyone know if this feature is even being considered for implementation or is TW sticking with the idiot decision not to allow players pay for crafted weapons?

Also is there perhaps a mod that could do something similar? I can't find any on Nexus.
ziMTn.jpg

Oh my dear Robosenshi... how long this journey has been and how little forward progress has been made, hasn't it?

What I don't understand is, if they already had the selling system pcgamer 2016 style, why scrap it and not improve it? Now we would have the two possibilities, blacksmith's sale-deal and forge by player's skill. I don't know... one of many inexplicable things in the Bannerlord experience.

Of course, I'm pretty convinced that if Bloc put in a couple of hours of coding, we'd have that mod in no time ? .

Brother, I don't understand it either. Probably some boob spent so much time creating this whole player crafting nonsense only to realize most players really don't give a **** and would rather pay a smith to craft their perfect weapon/family heirloom. So out of spite, they simply refuse to implement an already working feature in order to force the player to have the Bannerlord experience™.

Of course, I'm pretty convinced that if Bloc put in a couple of hours of coding, we'd have that mod in no time ? .
Oh my God please!! He would literally become my ****ing hero! So many people would absolutely love it.

Once again the modding community takes the lead leaving Taleworlds while still thinking about what's fun for the player. Here is a short clip where @Bloc shows us how he has set up (WIP) a pay-per-service system to the blacksmith, very much in line with the original idea seen in the 2016 versions. Note the excellent voice acting of Cap. Lust; what memories :iamamoron:.

Looking at the clip, I ask those who might be interested in this mechanic: what twist would you give to it? what would you add to it?

Thanks Bloc for demonstrating another impossible.

Back
Top Bottom