Tactics

Users who are viewing this thread

tactics  :smile:
lately I have been having some big battles and the tactics of the enemies kinda suck, they seem kinda worse than the original MnB

they slowly come towards you in their ranks;  my archers just kill them, they have reinforcements before the swords come out.
the cavalry doesn't charge until they are 15m away from you, so the archers again and the heavy horses need longer to get going. (just silly)

I think the factions should have stock tactics that they use 2/3 of the time (not always variety and idiot lords)

rhods should be defensive so they should take a hill and force you to advance

khergits should go to a flat area line up and charge or just charge - the confusion of not having enough time to set your troops up is a significant advantage.

swadians/sarranids/vagairs should be a bit defensive/but more likely to charge than the rhods.
they should set their heavy cav up in a flater area (somehow)

nords should form thick ranks and slowly advance

just gives me the irrats I want more of a challenge, and I want the factions to use their troops to their advantage.
my group of 70 can take a group of 200 (because of simple tactics.)

thats all!!
I had a look for a similar thread couldn't really find one

Good point. Although you'd need offensive and defensive tactic variants. Always defensive isn't going to kick it, otherwise you get standoff matches, since there is no time limit.

There already appears to be a switch for the AI to decide whether to attack or defend.

wanderer949 said:
they slowly come towards you in their ranks

With their commander walking or riding a little way behind the line, reliably allowing you to ride in at full gallop from the flank and shove an awlpike in his face for massive damage...  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom