Tabletop/Boardgames!

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems only America still recognizes boardgames.
Do you still play boardgames, what's your favourite boardgame, and what type of boardgames do you play? (Family boardgames to D&D)

SquadLeader(RBM)77.jpg

Guess I still play PnP D%D too. Oh, and Junta.

Love this game, picked it up in a charity shop for a quid.

attachment.jpg

I'm a fan of good ol' Monopoly. I play it on my iPod sometimes. That and Scrabble. Clue's good if you can find people who know how to play. I like the idea of the various world domination games like Risk and A&A, but never found anyone who wanted to play :sad:

Well, I ordered Battlestar Galactica: The Boardgame myself, it's pretty awesome.
It's all about deceipt, accusations, and whatever it takes to destroy the ship.
(don't like the series though)

Carcasonne
Ticket to Ride
Risk

Are my favourites.

I think Carcasonne is the best technically speaking. It's good because players don't get eliminated, you just add up scores at the end to see who won.
Some of the expansion packs add absolutely ridiculous rules though (one of them comes with a miniature catapult) so I don't play with those much.

Graylord said:
I played the Xbox live arcade version a lot actually.

Personally I find the biggest appeal to the game is the tiles, which are quite beautiful and well-made, so can't really imagine playing it on xbox.

If I remember right there are a couple of differences between the versions as well.

i still play chess (i think it's a board game less recognized in America than here :razz:), narde, reversi and some old school soviet games.
among the western stuff Monopoly and Carcassone are my favourite.

HTAPAWASO said:
Graylord said:
I played the Xbox live arcade version a lot actually.

Personally I find the biggest appeal to the game is the tiles, which are quite beautiful and well-made, so can't really imagine playing it on xbox.

If I remember right there are a couple of differences between the versions as well.

They emulate the tiles.

Back
Top Bottom