Swyter

Grandmaster Knight

[tt]
╲__________________________________╱

[the enhancement you were waiting for]

What is this?
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

A better version of the Module System, with no setup, object-oriented
syntax, better structuration, faster compilation (~1sec) and less annoyances.

It even has reverse-engineering countermeasures!

╭─────────────────────╮╭──────────────────────╮
Self-contained Pack ││ Bitbucket RepositoryGit-Hub
╰─────────────────────╯╰──────────────────────╯

Incluyed Enhancements
§
Syntax Sugar by [Invictus]
§ Module System Hackery by [kt0]
§ Anti Reverse-Engineering Tricks and ModuleSystem++ by [cmpxchg8b]
§ Better MS Scripting Reference by [Lav]
§ Additions by [Vorne]

§ Magic touch, tweaks, restructuration, new compiler script
cached detection(in the works), and rest of changes by me: [Swyter]

Last edited by a moderator:
And there was much rejoicing :wink:

As a noob coder I have no idea how this could help me, but seeing its swyter and I half understand the enhancements im downloading already.

Slawtering said:
And there was much rejoicing :wink:

As a noob coder I have no idea how this could help me, but seeing its swyter and I half understand the enhancements im downloading already.

Basically it comes with Python already so you don't need to setup anything. Just build.
I've started it today, so it's still a bit green. :smile:

Swyter said:

[tt]                                                               
    ╲__________________________________╱

[the enhancement you were waiting for]

What is this?

A better version of the Module System, with object-oriented
  syntax, better structuration, faster compilation and less annoyances.

It even has reverse-engineering countermeasures!

Wolf.

Slawtering said:
Based up 1.150/1 yes?

Aha. I've even updated Lav's well documented
Code:
header_operations
with the latest changes.

It's completely fresh, here you can see how I changed it from the official dist:
Code:
https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/swysdk/changesets

Let me know what you think.

Caba`drin said:
Are the reverse-engineering-proofing bits optional?
An comparison example of the syntax would be useful.
The anti reveng. doesn't comes with any drawback. And the OOP is optional, here are some examples.

Anyway, feel free to rollback the changes:
Code:
https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/swysdk/changeset/d313089de055

I can tell you've put a fair amount of work in, but like anything else of this kind, it's not a trivial issue to introduce this to a mature codebase. 

Perhaps instead of delivering what is basically a variant of Native, a better thing to put time into would be a stripped-down MP-only-mod base build?

It'd be cleaner, tiny and a lot easier to maintain going forward.

xenoargh said:
I can tell you've put a fair amount of work in, but like anything else of this kind, it's not a trivial issue to introduce this to a mature codebase. 

Perhaps instead of delivering what is basically a variant of Native, a better thing to put time into would be a stripped-down MP-only-mod base build?

It'd be cleaner, tiny and a lot easier to maintain going forward.

Are you serious? Just Copy over the
Code:
module_*.py
files. And that's it.
Also, I don't do multiplayer.

Swyter said:
Caba`drin said:
The anti reveng. doesn't comes with any drawback. And the OOP is optional, here are some examples.

Code:

As we found out with TLD, obfuscation (I assume you did that) makes user reporting of script errors nearly useless.

MadVader said:
Swyter said:
Caba`drin said:

Code:

As we found out with TLD, obfuscation (I assume you did that) makes user reporting of script errors nearly useless.

Then comment out a single line (in
Code:
process_scripts
). This is not rocket science.
But if you have done well your job no scripting errors should be popping on the side log anyways.

This thingie comes with enhanced, compile-time, warnings for preventing logic and variable mistakes. Test it first.

Swyter said:
MadVader said:
Swyter said:
Caba`drin said:

Code:

Then comment out a single line (in
Code:
process_scripts
). This is not rocket science.
But if you have done well your job no scripting errors should be popping on the side log anyways.
I was responding to "doesn't comes with any drawback", no need to get offended. And I dare you to release a major mod without script errors. Supporting your players is more valuable than giving the Russian and Chinese kids a bit more work, if they even care.

This thingie comes with enhanced, compile-time, warnings for preventing logic and variable mistakes. Test it first.
Tried it.
The OOP bit is only a novelty - it won't be used.
The process script error-checking is the genuinely useful part. I know projects that have some kind of compile improvements, or none at all, but this is definitely what every mod should have (once the anti-reverse-engineering measures are stripped). I suggest making it a separate download, or concentrating exclusively on that, if you are looking for suggestions. Thanks.

MadVader said:
blah blah blah, it sucks  :cry:

Okay, now you're officially bugging me with your constructive feedback. Congrats.
First of, this was started yesterday. I'm still with the basics. Secondly, the OOP isn't mature, as I haven't edited the constructors yet.

If I did an early release was because this, in its current state, is way more powerful and easier to use than the vanilla module system. Without enviroment variables to tweak, scripting languages to install and a bunch of files in a single folder to grasp.

MadVader said:
That is, assuming that you don't generate an obfuscated-to-original script name translation table. Or is there another reason?

cmpxchg8b said:
MadVader said:
That is, assuming that you don't generate an obfuscated-to-original script name translation table. Or is there another reason?
That's correct, we did not generate unique obfuscated script names (neither does this implementation: "#> Use the section symbol instead of the script name, looks pretty cool."), and no translation table too - it would have helped.
But, ultimately, it is futile against determined opposition (or Minecraft modders, lol). TW rules threatening permabans for plagiarism is good enough, and TW is where mods get their visibility.

@Swyter: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom