• Sword.

Votes: 284 48.6%
  • Bayonet.

Votes: 300 51.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Golradir said:
Crille said:
Sword is for spammers/noobs, trolls and officers. Bayonett is for real infantry.
Swords for noobs?  :lol:

Spammers/noobs. A common noob sword spammer usually win against a common noob bayonett.
Because for some reason noobs have a easier time blocking down as well as attacking down by default.
Except for sword when a noob use them it becomes a horizontal usually a right attack rather than a down attack when they use bayonett.

Crille said:
Golradir said:
Crille said:
Sword is for spammers/noobs, trolls and officers. Bayonett is for real infantry.

Spammers/noobs. A common noob sword spammer usually win against a common noob bayonett.
Because for some reason noobs have a easier time blocking down as well as attacking down by default.
Except for sword when a noob use them it becomes a horizontal usually a right attack rather than a down attack when they use bayonett.
Are you new at this? Or just entirely uninformed?

Swords are alot worse than Bayonets for fighting groups, and hell, I'd take a bayonet over a sword any day for a 1v1 aswell.

EDIT: GMK Ninja :lol:

Firstly I will give my choice. I prefer to us the rugged and relatively inexpensive bayonet. Compared to a sword which depending on the quality would take some time to make, bayonets are cheap, affordable and easy to mass produce. Their is a reason they did not give ever foot soldier a sword but did give them a bayonet. Now, in combat I find that bayonets are not only more frighting than a sword but they also have a certain battlefield ruggedness that I admire. I prefer to use the bayonet in combat as it is faster to kill an enemy with a bayonet than with a sword (depending on who you ask). The key point that I might add is that if you have a bayonet you most likely have a rifle and as we all know rifles have bullets which kill.

Windbusche said:
Crille said:
Golradir said:
Crille said:

Are you new at this? Or just entirely uninformed?

Swords are alot worse than Bayonets for fighting groups, and hell, I'd take a bayonet over a sword any day for a 1v1 aswell.

EDIT: GMK Ninja :lol:

if you look back at my explaination you might realize that I'm talking about a noob vs noob scenario not on professional level. I've played this game for almost a year, I think I know at least a little. I to prefer bayonetts though.

You can also make a argument like this:
1. X1 and X2 are equally good at melee.
2. X1 use a sword and X2 use a bayonett.
3. X1 have 4 options when attacking.
4. X1 have to block 2 ways vs X2.
5. X2 have 2 options when attacking.
6. X2 have to block 4 ways vs X1.

Conclusion: Both X1 and X2 are equally good, but the odds are in X1's favor, thus more skill is required by X2.

EDIT: Then there is varibles such as damage, speed and range. But this is as a skinned down argument you can make.

Bayonets are better for the instant kill feature and thus are better in my opinion for being outnumbered seeing as they also have a better length. 

Swords on the other hand are always fun to have the elegant duels with along with scaring the living hell out of a newbie with feints :grin:

James Stewart said:
MackCW said:
So not only are you a snob. You're a arrogant snob.

Again if your impression is we just "twirl", you're doing it wrong.
I'm also under the impression that a bayonet is far less skilful then a bayonet.
tumblr_mb8ukni5ie1rx9604.gif

I called in Hawks that drop plague ridden rats in more than 50 times with 20 kill streak with bayonet. With a sword it is harder.  :mad:

I prefer bayonets in different situations. If I take out a horse which makes the cavalry troop fall on the ground, I usually use my sword against him (Except for lancers) Like a man!  :cool:

I'd choose a sword over a bayonet anyday, as you can pull off a few more fancy tricks with one - the sword is not 'better' than the bayonet because it has 2 extra swing directions. It's not the swords fault if you can't use your left and right blocks - it's also much easier to follow feints with a sword, and block a sword imo.

Yeah, and as a native player I know this better that most people.

When switching from Native to NW sometimes... Goodness beating people in NW is easy with a sword. Because people are'nt used to it and don't know how to fight it very well.

On the opposite though, when I was playing NW for a couple of months and I went back to native with 4 attack direction... I was in a nightmare...
I could'nt fight like I fought AT ALL and it took a couple of weeks for me to get my skeelz back.

Back
Top Bottom