Swords or Bayonets?

Sword or bayonet?

• Sword.

Votes: 284 48.6%
  • Bayonet.

Votes: 300 51.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't want to take a 546454 hours long conversation on internet about what's better when you're fighting multiples enemies at once... He can have his victory if you want... Sorry, not in the mood right now :sad:

Gahh... Crap it... Ok ill explain...

With a sword, you can slash everywhere around you: Left, right and front, preventing enemies from getting near you.

With a bayonnet, you can slash : Front, Front, Front again, woops, you got stabbed in the head on the side... too bad!

There you go! 4 edits but i got my point here! BYE

tialexandre said:
I don't want to take a 546454 hours long conversation on internet about what's better when you're fighting multiples enemies at once... He can have his victory if you want... Sorry, not in the mood right now :sad:

Gahh... Crap it... Ok ill explain...

With a sword, you can slash everywhere around you: Left, right and front, preventing enemies from getting near you.

With a bayonnet, you can slash : Front, Front, Front again, woops, you got stabbed in the head on the side... too bad!

There you go! 4 edits but i got my point here! BYE
A valiant attempt, to be sure!  :smile:

EDIT: I'll leave any debate to others who wish to do so.

I'm certain now, the sapper axe is the greatest weapon in the game (unless you get bumpthrusted by cavalry or outspammed by a light cavalry sabre).

I'm personally sitting on the fence with this one.

Have a slight preference for using swords in melee, although not those little ones that are no better than butter knives that light infantry use. The ability to change your attack direction, be it from a downwards thrust to an angular slash is what awards swords such versatility. And at times, able to confuse your opponent if he is't proficient enough in blocking. Swords also provide more maneuverability, allowing you to flank your foes more effectively.

Then again, the simple power of a bayonet, combined with the speed bonus from charging is more likely to bring your opponent down with one, if not a couple of hits most of the time. Although at times this becomes a little tedious once the blocking and counter thrusting of a duel starts to take place, is a little too easy to read where your enemies next attack is coming from (obviously can only be one of two directions) and is much easier to counter if you're quick enough.

Seeing as I play primarily as a Rifleman, I'm more accustomed to using the stock of my weapon to bludgeon my foes into the afterlife, seeing as firearms switched into melee mode offer greater versatility than a standard bayonet attack. It's a nice mix that I certainly can't find many faults with. I mean sure, a Rifle in melee mode isn't anywhere near as strong as a bayonet or sword (yes, even the butter knives...) but it is still an advantage to be able to attack your opponent from four possible directions, and easily switching from an overhead swing to a sweeping arc from either flank is most definitely a plus. Despite not having either the range of swords or bayonets, you're still able to offer some sort of crowd control which allows you, to a certain extent, to neutralise enemies and fight them is single combat.

Now, I can tell that my points are a little disjointed, and that I have surely covered many, if not all previous points. But, I hope that my opinion is worthwhile to the thread :smile:

Lance-Corporal Johnathon Stern, signing out!

tialexandre said:
_Redemption_ said:
_Redemption_ said:
It really depends...

Bayonet = For Sexy Males
Sword = Girl Weapon

Make your choice.
That will get you a nice warning or a mute if an admin sees this.

Wut ?! Just my point of view... ok, edited.
much better
[/quote]

Great logic, you go from making a joke about Gay people to instead making one about women.

Nice one >.>

I expected the swords to be losing by more actually..

At least 50 votes was what I guessed the gap would be lol.

In NW, you can't block with the vodka bottle, so I didn't include it  :roll:

Bayonet users look like retards out there in the battle field, with their spins and their spasms as if they were having premature orgasms. If someone were to move the way most bayonet users do.... there would be a 100% chance of them having a sprained ankle within the first 2 seconds of a fight.

But Sword users on the other hand, look a lot smoother and majestic. Like real fighters, and not bayonet-using ballerinas.

King_Luthius said:
Bayonet users look like retards out there in the battle field, with their spins and their spasms as if they were having premature orgasms. If someone were to move the way most bayonet users do.... there would be a 100% chance of them having a sprained ankle within the first 2 seconds of a fight.

But Sword users on the other hand, look a lot smoother and majestic. Like real fighters, and not bayonet-using ballerinas.
NW has made bayonets tutu's. MM melee was brutal and skilled based, none of that anymore

pod455 said:
King_Luthius said:

NW has made bayonets tutu's. MM melee was brutal and skilled based, none of that anymore

Adding on to the ballerina part, I like it  :wink:  And yes, the skill required in NW has fallen dramatically throughout the patches.

King_Luthius said:
pod455 said:
King_Luthius said:

Adding on to the ballerina part, I like it  :wink:  And yes, the skill required in NW has fallen dramatically throughout the patches.
it shouldnt be like ballé, it should be ruthless, brutal and hard and only the best come out of a good melee fight. Thats the way it should be!

pod455 said:
King_Luthius said:

Spin to win! I hate that, I  have respect for those that slaughter like real men than those lucky Roselias  :mad:

Back
Top Bottom