Swords or Bayonets?

Sword or bayonet?

• Sword.

Votes: 284 48.6%
  • Bayonet.

Votes: 300 51.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I just got napoleanic after playing native for a long time, so while i'm ok with bayonets I still like to use swords more often.

Usually, if i have a cavalry musket or a rifle I just use the butt of the gun instead of the sword. longer reach.

What's this? Are swords possibly making a come back? Will there be a unexpected turn of events? (as I've named myself after a god of prophecy I should have more of a clue  :lol:)

You're all awesome. Stay that way. :grin:

Bayonets are much better at rapidly killing large groups of unskilled enemy without any significant risk to yourself. Swords are superior for one on one combat against a skilled player.

What many might forget is that the average musket-wielding ranker would not have the necessary intellect to enter gentlemanly discussions on this forum, whereas all sword-wielding Officers hang out here daily.

Evanovic said:
What many might forget is that the average musket-wielding ranker would not have the necessary intellect to enter gentlemanly discussions on this forum, whereas all sword-wielding Officers hang out here daily.

Yeah, I over estimated the amount of rank and file who check the forums.. So I was surprised when swords stayed within 5 votes (thank you swordsmen)

Prehaps regiment officers who vote could show the thread to the rest of there regiment? That way the NCOs and enlisted privates can have there say.

I Voted bayonet, Bayonet takes more skill to use, you can only attack two different directions.

Although, if you go up against an experienced sword wielding maniac he will win with his feinting and all the awful and evil tricks he has up his sleeve.

Treble said:
I Voted bayonet, Bayonet takes more skill to use, you can only attack two different directions.

Although, if you go up against an experienced sword wielding maniac he will win with his feinting and all the awful and evil tricks he has up his sleeve.
The complete opposite... the bayonet has the advantage of range the sword takes far more skill to use proficiently.

Son0fApollo said:
Evanovic said:

Yeah, I over estimated the amount of rank and file who check the forums.. So I was surprised when swords stayed within 5 votes (thank you swordsmen)

Prehaps regiment officers who vote could show the thread to the rest of there regiment? That way the NCOs and enlisted privates can have there say.
They're not proper like us, THEY DON'T DESERVE A VOICE!

Treble said:

Bayonets are one of the easiest weapons in this game to use, and having only 2 attacks simplifies the weapon not makes it more skillful to use. Bayonets are 1-2 hit kill every time (Depends where you hit and how you are moving). A sword only 1 hit kills when you head shot or hit someone riding at full gallop.

That's why you see the majority of the people in this game use infantry and use the bayonet, because its easier and requires less skill to use making it a more relaxing game play experience.

The problem with this is that not many people can pull off a good score with a sword every game. But that doesn't mean there are those out there who can't. Not to mention a lot of people don't really know how to use the sword properly. I haven't had the chance to face many good bayonet users in this game, just a lot of spam attackers, failed feinters, and berserkers. So I don't really know how competitive bayonet fighting works (I think its probably close to the same).

This is my opinion, and I understand not everyone will agree with it and that's perfectly fine. But I insist that using a bayonet is a more relaxing experience, and that you must be more cautious using a sword. One wrong move and those pesky bayonets will slide right through. Which will probably 1 hit kill you, even at full health.

Biggest problem for sword users are:
Less reach
Less damage
and
infantry rankers have rubbish one handed skill
and officers swords are shorter then cav ones unless they are using cvalary swords

You know what would be best?

Sword bayonets! and i mean fixed to the gun so you could use it like a glaive with slashing and stabbing

Back
Top Bottom