MP Native SwordGame (GunGame/Arms Race port)

Users who are viewing this thread

Did you ever play CSS GunGame or CS:GO Arms Race?
Well, if yes, then you will also love SwordGame!
SwordGame is a port with 23 levels, each of them with unique weapons and armors!
If you don't know GunGame, this is how it works: Every new player starts with level one and gets the first weapon. When he kills two other players, he reaches level two and gets a new weapon!
This continues until a player kills two people on the last level.
This mod is server side, that means players do not have to download anything and can join the server like any normal Native server.

How to create a server with this mod?

1. Set up a dedicated server (https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download)

2. Install WSE v4.3.3+ (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=324890.0)
  You may need to use the linked 1.168 mb_warband_dedicated.exe

3. Copy the contents of the "swordgame_files" folder to your server's root folder.
  When asked to overwrite existing files, click "Yes, all"

4. Edit "Sample_Deathmatch.txt" to your needs, then append the contents of swordgame_config.txt

5. Start the server using Sample_Deathmatch_start.bat - Swordgame will not work for other game modes.

Download: https://bitbucket.org/Kumpuu/swordgame/downloads/swordgame.7z
Source code: https://bitbucket.org/Kumpuu/swordgame/src

At the moment, a special WSE version (made by me) -which is included - is required.
WSE 4.3.3+ supported

Updated for 1.168
Changelog:
  • Added ability to have multiple level lists, which rotate after each round.
  • added: swg set rand_order 0   #randomizes the order of level lists
  • added: swg add list list_name #marks the beginning of a new list and defines its name.
  • Weapons with alternative modes now work correctly (for example javelins in melee mode)

• Removed special WSE version, WSE 4.3.3+ now supported.

• Levels are now editable via the server console/config file
  • Added options that are setable via the server console/config file
    swg set lvl_steal_wpn                itm_dagger #set to -1 to disable level stealing
    swg set kills_per_lvl                    2
    swg set hp_boost                        250
    swg set hp_boost_deaths          6        #you get a health boost after you die this many times
    swg set hp_boost_heal_interval 3        #heal per dezisecond (0.1s), so 30hp/s by default.
    [*]Bug fixes
    [*]New effects, sounds and notifications
    [*]Added a "winner" stage - all players get teleported to a dynamically spawned location, and only the winner receives a weapon...

With the latest update, you can also define your own levels. Examples included in the download.
Note that only the first item (not counting armor/horses) of a level you define will count for leveling up.

bad
Code:
swg add itm_practice_bolts, itm_practice_crossbow, itm_arabian_armor_b
ok
Code:
swg add itm_arabian_armor_b, itm_practice_crossbow, itm_practice_bolts

Have fun! :smile:

Thanks to AgentFirz, AgentNeo and AgentHans for the idea and support!

Tried it with some bots. Everything seem to work except for the armor. When you get new equipment your dude just goes naked instead of getting new armor.

Hi,

Sorry, can you tell me how to install this?

I just wnt to run a small listen server for me and a couple of friends.

Many thanks

I don't know how to install this either....
I only put the files in Native folder and in the game the menu is empty...

All you have to do is:
1. set up a dedicated server
2. copy the .txt files to serverfolder/Modules/Native, when it asks you to overwrite existing files press "Yes, all"
3. start the server in deathmatch mode
4. enjoy
Note that this mod currently only supports server version 1.143, other versions may work but are not tested.

hu6b.jpg
    Has anyone actually tried it out yet?

I did try, on version 1.154, didn't work completely,

But as the OP notes it has only been tested on an earlier version, so stick with that version if you wish to use it.

Crux

Back
Top Bottom