LSP Medieval 3D Art Sword Smithy [First Post Updated]

Users who are viewing this thread

CounterPoint391 said:
I'm back from the war. The notional war, that is. Nearly a month out in the Mojave doing some sweet engineer training, and I'm ready to see if my modeling skills went to **** or not. :wink:
I remember when I went to Gitmo, back when it was the best training center for the Navy.  Guys who'd just reported aboard  were better trained when we came back than some members of the primary damage control team before Refesher Training.  The trainers down there did nothing but train the fleet, away from the distractions of homeport.  It was a hard month, but I learned a hell of a lot about fighting a ship. 

Going to NTC must be like getting trained as a pitcher by the bullpens of the major leagues these days.  Nine years of feedback from the field must make these guys incredibly good and incredibly motivated to teach you right. 

Knocked out the bastard varieties in like 5 min (quick adjust). All I need to do is make a type XIV and optimise it, and you'll have three more swords suitible for mass use by troops. I still need to texture the high poly (like 358 or so) player/lord versions.......I'll get around to it sometime.

I'll probably make a Xa and an XI to round out the pack......

Anyways, on to new buisness....

I'm willing to model some more swords, especially more 'custom' varieties for player or lord use. Got a sword you like? Post me a pic.

Also, I'm thinking of an idea for my own maker's mark. Nothing ostentatious, just a little something to make my swords special. Any ideas? It's got to be something that would look good at low resolution, since it would be small and near the base of the blade....

typexivconcept.png

Poly Count: 354

The native arming sword clocks in at 211. And note this is the higher poly player version. I'll do an optimised version with a texture tomorrow, and update the oakeshott pack.

Kingsword :smile:.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szczerbiec
436px-Szczerbiec_Polish_coronation_sword.jpg
Just one thing elite king swords should have bigger stats or atleast "the best" stats of all swords and also should cost a small fortune. Wouldn't want to see a king sword which does the same damage as rusty pickaxe.

Awesome work CounterPoint391.

I was thinking alittle about your maker's mark and one possibility is to use your runes or a bind rune of your initials.
It was a very common way to mark your creations here in medieval scandinavia as far as i know.

I whipped up something basic to give you an idea.
First the C and P rune of the medieval rune alphabet and a bind rune combined of the two.
Then the C and P of the Anglo-Saxon rune alphabet with a bind rune.
counterpoint.png

Ohhhhh!!!! Make one for me please, Óðr!

A long time ago I played with some Scandinavians and that's where I got my nick from :smile:

CounterPoint391 said:
Amundr: Excellent idea. Thanks.
No problem, happy to help. :smile:
othr said:
Ohhhhh!!!! Make one for me please, Óðr!

A long time ago I played with some Scandinavians and that's where I got my nick from :smile:
Your wish is my command. :grin:
othr.png
Medieval.
Anglo-Saxon.
Elder Futhark.

I updated the pack, othr, so now you have six swords to equip troops with.

A nice pic with all of them
mb88.png

Unforunately I'm having some issues with the XIV scabbard.....I don't know how to solve it short of modeling a new one. You'll see what I'm talking about in the pack. Nothing too bad, just annoying.

CounterPoint391 said:
I updated the pack, othr, so now you have six swords to equip troops with.

A nice pic with all of them
mb88.png

Unforunately I'm having some issues with the XIV scabbard.....I don't know how to solve it short of modeling a new one. You'll see what I'm talking about in the pack. Nothing too bad, just annoying.
Awesome. Badass swords.

(Also, is that wall hovering a bit above the ground? :eek: )

Back
Top Bottom