LSP Medieval 3D Art Sword Smithy [First Post Updated]

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a little corner to keep track of my work. All of the swords here are OSP, and free to use in any mod without permission (Moderator: at mb repository the author writes "free to use noncommercially"). Credit would be nice. I'll try and keep it updated with at least download links.

(Moderator: original pictures not working anymore, replaced them with new ones):
Sword No.1
cp_sword.png

Oakshott Sword Pack
cp_oakeshott_1.png
cp_oakeshott_2.png

Download Links

Sword No. 1
(Remark of moderator: The scabbard has an error at the lods name, a lower case s instead of an uppercase one)

Oakeshott Sword Pack *Updated*

I take requests for swords, provided a) a good picture, and b) it isn't ugly. Keep in mind these swords are intended for use in the 1257 mod....

Addon by Earendil: At the M&B Repository there was also a CounterPoint Polearm OSP. I added it to this thread, so that I don't need to open up a new one for it (they are both textured)

cp_polearms.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well any sword here that fits our period would be very nice.
That's likely from Type XII to Sub-Type XIIIb (maybe to Sub-Type XVa if you want to stretch it)

Like Amundr said, just no claymores, zweihanders, great swords.  I'd love to replace the swords that are in the mod right now.  Too many polys on those.

There are only a few that fit the period.

Type XIV
Type XII/XIIa
Type XIII/XIIIa/XIIIb

The subtypes are bastard swords I believe, non-subtypes are one-handed swords.  6 swords total :smile:

The XIIIb is pretty much the same as XIII, so 5 swords I guess.

How about some custom King specific weapons/armors? Perhaps if we can find them, wouldn't it make sense that a King had his blacksmith make him a one of a kind weapon/armor that was better in some way than the other ones of the time? If say each faction's King got some of these and the drop rate on them after a battle was very low, it could add some more to do endgame with collecting the high grade weapons/armors you like.

I'd like to have a pool of well made swords (in terms of 3d modeling) to give to the troops first.  And we could do some 'special' stuff later maybe.

I think I'm gonna do the swords in an efficient(poly wise) variety for standard troops, and a slightly higher poly version for the player and companions to use......cause cutting all those polys destroys my beautiful blades :sad:

Anyways, made a type XII...... Probably have another sword in me tonight......

typexiiconcept.png

And a bigger pic....
screenshot725201085414p.png

more goodies....

Type XIII
typexiiiconcept.png

Low detail polys: 204
Hi detail: 396

TypeXIIIB
typexiiibconcept.png

Low detail polys: 204
Hi detail: 358

Type XII (you already saw these)
typexiiconcept.png

Low detail polys: 192
Hi detail: 318

Sword from vanilla....poly count 174. So as you can see, I didn't do too badly on polys for the low detail ones. Also, I think I'll do a variety of hilts so othr can have a little mix and match. I'll probably map the low detail versions to the vanilla texture for swords, which will futher improve performance, especially if othr decides to keep a few vanilla swords equiped on the rank and file. I'll make my own texture for the high detail ones, as well as slick unique scabbards. And lod's for the hell of it (actually probably one set, since the swords are so similiar).

Tomorrow I'll do up the bastard varieties, and put some textures on these bad boys....:grin:

So, I pretty much knocked out your shopping list, othr......any other sword types need forging? I can do 'unique' swords from manuscripts and statues, if you want, although don't expect any work after the 28th for a month; I'll be sweating my balls off doing desert training poking the sand with my bayonet looking for bombs...:grin: I'll get the low detail ones done before I leave, though.....

EDIT: Looking back on my work, got to tweak a few tips though.... :sad:

EDIT: feel free to post reference pics of hilts, so I have mor ammunition to put in a Build-a-Sword Kit for othr :razz:

Completely finished the low detail troop versions for types XII, XIII, and XIIIb.

Here's a crappy picture. They actually look way better...

screenshot728201063210p.png

Download

Consider it OSP :grin:

Last of my work for a while. I'll be doing some hardcore engineer training for a month..... :wink:

Yay!  Thank you.

And have fun, don't get blown up or something :razz:

They look beautiful in game, really well done.

I'm back from the war. The notional war, that is. Nearly a month out in the Mojave doing some sweet engineer training, and I'm ready to see if my modeling skills went to **** or not. :wink:

I'm glad you didn't get blown up, Counterpoint  :wink:

Am looking forward to see more of your excellent work.

Back
Top Bottom