SP Fantasy Sword & Shield: A Land Divided - Warband 1.153

Well since people are obviously viewing this but not posting, how about something shorter?

• Seems Interesting, Look forward to it. Got my eyes on it.

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Seems interesting, but unsure until progress begins on it.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Hm, maybe...

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Seems uninteresting. [This] and [This] need to be changed (Post), or just forget it altogether.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Seems uninteresting. Just dont even try, man.

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EvanDarksky said:
Sword & Shield: A Land Divided

Click for ModDB page:​

First off, an introduction.
Some of you may recognize me, most of you wont. Although, once i explain myself more, you'll probably remember me, or at the very least become knowledgeable about myself. My other name is Ajolin, (Yes, Ajolin. I'm that Aztec guy) i made some work on an old Aztec mod back in the day that i attempted to resurrect but failed, i just simply had no motivation without anyone to help me besides a wonderful modeller, a texturer, and that's about it. I attempted at making a map, however i failed at it miserably. So thus, today, i came up with a brand new idea. Instead of a later-tech historically-accurate mod, i decided to create a more-medieval, realistic-fantasy mod set in a fictional time, setting, and land. Much like the current Warband, but with various features not found in vanilla.

Brief Background
The realm of Adenia has had an extreme case of turbulence the past few hundred years. It went from one unified and wealthy empire to several kingdoms and city-states, dropping into near total war. The Empire of Adenia used to be quite the place to be; high life expectancy, high standards of living, wonderful countryside unvarnished by war and chaos. But as the years went on, the royal family became tainted by such acts as bribery, greed, lust for power, corruption, and idiocy. Corruption also spread from Royalty to Nobility, nobles of the land selling offices for a sum of cash, filling the governance's body with inefficient, embezzling, unreliable sots that could not be relied on to do things right. Eventually, several major nobles rebelled from the shaken Empire, forming their own kingdoms. Minor lords and higher knights followed the Major Lords, effectively breaking the empire into several warring factions.

I actually plan on having various factions from around the world.

Mongols, England, France, Spain, China, the Aztecs, and Africa, both North and South. England and France will be the main focal points of the two main factions, the old Empire and New Adenia, the Rebel faction (Well, the main one at any rate). Each faction and city-state will have a world culture assigned to them and with that they get each faction's specific troops, like the Chinese and their rockets along with the French (Adenian Empire) and their mounted crossbows and western mounted archers. England (New Adenia) gets their pretty good foot troops and the Mongols their cavalry, etc.

Religions, more upgrade options and effects, and, yes, most likely when you build an improvement It'll be like this in the actual scene.

Unbuilt buildings and scaffolding will be "underground". When you decide to build that improvement scaffold will pop up above ground and be built in three stages. The first few days will be just scaffold and a few bits of the building. After a few more days (Or weeks) more of the building is revealed, like supports and walls beginning. The third stage in it's final days will be the roof and rest of the walls. Towns will have guards walking around either alone or in groups, like normal citizens do, Towns themselves will be more than just a single area that's barely a city besides some looks. All-round, the scenes themselves will be more immersive. Some buildings you can walk into like shops and smithies, you can break down doors to steal from people's chests at the risk of guards catching you, but in all, i need a coder for all of this.

Most or all of us have played the wonderful M&B mod "Sword of Damocles." I have to and, honestly, that's where the name Adenia came from, "Aden". Trust me, just the name. Adenia's actually been in my mind churning around for over a year now, but regardless, We all know how we could command Lords from a main map in a more RTS way, hire parties to follow us, enact laws.... This too will be added in some form or another, and in all i can safely say this Mod is as ambitious as Brytenwalda. But right now i'm focusing on getting main stuff done.

F.A.Q.T.W.B.F.A.B.I.A.T.N.
(Frequently Asked Questions That Wont Be Frequently Asked Because I Answered Them Now.)

Q: Ajolin, you dropped the Aztec mod no less than three times, how do I know you wont drop this one?
A: First, call me Evan, please. :razz: Second, I wont make promises to not drop this mod because the schooling season starts very soon and i'll be busy earning a diploma. So between finishing High school, dealing with family, friends, etc. I wont be able to personally contribute all that much to this mod besides storyline, factions, ideas, troops, and probably a map and some scenes.

Q: But i don't want just that!
A: Whoa, calm down. I'm doing this for absolutely no cash whatsoever, for my and your guys' entertainment. If you want more than that, keep reading. You'll get to how you can help. or you can send someone my way to help, that works too.

Q: I see. So how can i help?
A: Down a bit is a spot for applications to the team for ALL the help i'll need. You can also help by simply creating a banner for signatures or help decorate this boring as heck OP, or even simpler, wear a sig banner that me or someone else has created. If you want to make a banner and stuff for me and others to use, do PM me and i'll throw at you some specifications. Dont worry, they aren't much. You'll get near complete reign over the actual design itself, so prepare to go mad within limits.

Q: Your grammar sucks. Why do you never caps an I or anything like that?
A: Because honestly, there's no point. You understand what i'm saying, ay? At least i'm getting most if not nearly all the other points of Grammar down, so relax. I understand that not everyone here fluently or natively speaks English, but i'm sure they can understand if i spell every word correctly, which i make sure i do. Stick to asking some constructive questions, please.

Q: What can i expect?
A: You can expect lots. As i said before; Storyline, factions, ideas, troops, and probably a map and some scenes. However, there will be a buttload more thanks to planned implementation of the Diplomacy mod, whatever a Coder deigns to come up with, more items, etc. A full list of features-to-be will come later on when i finalize my brainstorming.

Q: Finalize Brainstorming? If you don't even have a firm set on what the mod will be, WHY did you even post on The Pioneer's Guild?
A: Because i'm almost done, and i have set in stone what the mod is about. I want to hear people's opinions on what to add, what not to add, what would sound cool, what's possible, etc.

Q: So like... Polls?
Yes, exactly. Along with an actual brainstorming thread when we get our own board. Yaaaay!~

List of Permanent Features:
  • 5 Main Factions, 7 City-States
  • Diplomacy
  • New Troops
  • New Map
  • Moar Billdingz (More Town/Castle/Village improvements)
  • Moar Billdingz in scenze (Larger, more explorable and aesthetically pleasing town, castle, and village scenes.)
  • Correct Grammar
  • New Items, of course!
  • New Companions
  • Fun!

List of Possible Features:
  • Men marrying men (Same for you gals), including companion interactions! Because, you know. This is 1257, not like you'll get BURNED or anything...
  • Sea Battles
  • Siege Weaponry such as Trebuchets, Ballistae, Rams, a better siege tower, mangonels, and burning pitch, and No forced option to build Siege Tower/Ladders. They, along with Rams, are built optionally in the siege screen for one-use only. The other Siege Weaponry will remain as part of your party, can attack on the field of normal battle, etc. Kinda like that one siege mod!
  • Custom, player-made banners for your own use. Kinda like SoD!
  • Formed your own faction? No prob! Villages part of your fledgling little kingdom now offer up your own custom troops to throw into the fray! To prevent godlikeness, though, there'll be an interface that you need to use to design your troops. Your constable wont like how expensive decked-out recruits would be, so he gives you a specified list of what you can slap on those people.
  • Your own troops will scale recruitment prices based on what you had set for their equipment.
  • Trust me, a hell of a lot more!

Applications!

Honestly, not going to really bother with individual specific applications for various spots. Just fill this out, all you need.

Code:
[b]Preferred Name[/b]:
[b]Age (If Comfortable)[/b]:
[b]Desired position[/b]:
[b]Short summary of skills[/b]:
[b]In-Depth description of skills[/b]:

[b]Examples?[/b]:

Team:
EvanDarksky/Ajolin - Lead; Scene; Map; Troops
ART0PR  - Lead Modeller/Texturer
Hudson57 - Modeller
theelder - Historian by deeds
Gambino - Coder; Map

Now off with ye, go forth and multiply your post count all over this thread!

is this mod dead or in progress? when it will be released?

I'm locking Sword and Shield until further notice. I have a project underway, but it will not be announced until a working Alpha is established. I apologize for any inconvenience but i assure you, something will come out.

Cheers,
Ajolin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom