SP - General Sword on a mount

Users who are viewing this thread

Seipher09

Recruit
Compared to the original I am having a hard time landing sword attacks on my mount. When I rush by and swing I seem to keep hitting right above them all the time (and this is using a sword with a high length). It seems the angle is often off and the swipe isn't going as low as it should.

Not sure if others are having similar issues but it's been kind of rough for me.

I used the mounted sword a lot in Warband, and it does feel different in Bannerlord but I can still land attacks, what length are you using? I think the one I used was the Star Falchion with 100+ length? I've switched to a polearm now because I find that easier for offing the lords on horses.

+1

Sword on a mount sucks in Bannerlord. Usually landing a hit is near impossible.

Strangely enough, your characters height seems to matter a lot. Taller your character is, harder it is to hit with a sword, no matter how long the sword is.

I used the mounted sword a lot in Warband, and it does feel different in Bannerlord but I can still land attacks, what length are you using? I think the one I used was the Star Falchion with 100+ length? I've switched to a polearm now because I find that easier for offing the lords on horses.

I actually had to switch to polearm because this issue. Even though I think I'm using 105 length sword.

I use a 110 length sword (Fine steel scimitar) and have very little issue hitting people. It took me a while to get the hang of it, though. My characters height is always average.

Hmmm, @Seipher09 what swing do you use? I haven't hit a single ground unit when not doing the left or right sweep with the enemy being on the side the swing is (i.e. swing on the right side with the enemy on the right side). I also wonder if your character can get the same reach while swinging on the left (assuming all characters are right handed - can you change that?) vs swinging on the right where they can lean lower.

I have mostly used very long 1h swords and had little problem with this, but recently I started trying to raise my 2h skill, and despite having a 2h sword with over 130 length, all of my swings go over the heads of ground troops. I basically have to look at my mount's feet to swing low enough to hit them

Compared to the original I am having a hard time landing sword attacks on my mount. When I rush by and swing I seem to keep hitting right above them all the time (and this is using a sword with a high length). It seems the angle is often off and the swipe isn't going as low as it should.

Not sure if others are having similar issues but it's been kind of rough for me.
Ok, I must ask... What is the feedback or suggestion here?

I think we get the same animation on horseback as we do on foot or something, the swings are way too high. I find it really easy to slash horsemen in the face and almost impossible to hit infantry.

Back
Top Bottom