->Sword of Damocles: Warlords | Download Here!<-

Users who are viewing this thread

Question: how exactly did mercenary captains work in SOD, I saw them mentioned for SOD WB 4.0? They give you special services or what?

Cheers

Would it be possible to make it so that everyone doesn't join you when you go into battle? For instance when you attack a group of bandits that are close to anything else all the other bandits and the towns and the castles and the villages and any lord near by or passing villager joins the battle... there for causing a battle of 80 vs 500 when I only had 2 people in my party and was attack a group of 7 looters. Or could this be an option that could be turned on or off in the SOD options in the reports menu?

JameyStanley said:
Would it be possible to make it so that everyone doesn't join you when you go into battle? For instance when you attack a group of bandits that are close to anything else all the other bandits and the towns and the castles and the villages and any lord near by or passing villager joins the battle... there for causing a battle of 80 vs 500 when I only had 2 people in my party and was attack a group of 7 looters. Or could this be an option that could be turned on or off in the SOD options in the reports menu?
I actually made it so that there is a switch you can set on and off.

It'd be best for you all to wait on another release. This one was so buggy I decided to take a small break. I'll be back very soon to get back on modding again.

EDIT:
Make sure your using 3.82; The option to deny allies in you battles will be in the "Warlords Options" Menu located in the Camp Menu.

Daedelus_McGee said:
At a guess, that looks like you've got a bad install missing a texture used by Swadians.  I suggest you re-install and see if that helps..

I have the same problem Zombo does. Reinstalled SoD, reinstalled M&B, redownloaded SoD and reinstalled it - no use, the problem remains - SWADIANS CRASH ME GAEM!. No such problem in Native or other modules, so I guess the reason is still somewhere in SoD. I do have something in mind, will try it and post if it helps.

Azarga said:
Daedelus_McGee said:
At a guess, that looks like you've got a bad install missing a texture used by Swadians.  I suggest you re-install and see if that helps..

I have the same problem Zombo does. Reinstalled SoD, reinstalled M&B, redownloaded SoD and reinstalled it - no use, the problem remains - SWADIANS CRASH ME GAEM!. No such problem in Native or other modules, so I guess the reason is still somewhere in SoD. I do have something in mind, will try it and post if it helps.
I'm aware of this. I have to go back and rollback the textures. At this time there isn't a fix for this.

Could you post a new link to 3.8 please, somehow i keep gettin error(The file got damaged that i can't download the client

Computica said:
Many people have complained about the link for 3.8 on the repository. I'll check it out after I fix the 3.8 release.
Alright so ur gonna say in this thread when ur done?

I hate to be one to complain, however some where around turn 80 several of the mercenary parties changed to my character. For example they say they are a party of 40 but if you put the courser over them it says it contains one troop  which is my character name and the percent of health I am at. which is very strange I'm not sure what happened there. And there seams to be something off with the diplomatic relations between factions every couple of days 4 or 5 factions declare war or peace on each other.  And say the nords will declare war on swadia and then a week later declare a truce and then a couple days they start fighting again and then a few days go by and another truce.  Any ideas as to why this happens? or what can be done to fix it?                    And I am still having run time errors all the time

As for the diplomacy problems its normal as far as i can tell since many nations have defensive pacts or alliance together, so in Sod its a constant war unless your the king of your own kingdom.

Notsure said:
As for the diplomacy problems its normal as far as i can tell since many nations have defensive pacts or alliance together, so in Sod its a constant war unless your the king of your own kingdom.
  Im not saying its abnormal, it just seamed that they shouldn't declare war and then a truce with the same nation over and over again in such a short amount of time, maybe its just my sod thats messed up

JameyStanley said:
Notsure said:
  Im not saying its abnormal, it just seamed that they shouldn't declare war and then a truce with the same nation over and over again in such a short amount of time, maybe its just my sod thats messed up
Diplomatic volatility is a problem with the realism, even though the game is ahistorical. Although there is much to be admired in the instant cessation of hostilities, the daily onset of wars is a bit much to overcome in the suspension of disbelief.  As nice as having a program delineating who you are at war with today updated on an hourly basis, it is just not believable that sides shift so rapidly and so frequently. 

Building diplomatic inertia is something Computica is looking at, but the risk of screwing up the Diplomacy code is substantial. 

If we look at features/bugs with the following priority:
A. Do not release revision with this bug/broken feature. Occasionally crashes system / frequently crashes game. Causes players to actively warn others against playing the mod.
B. Release revision only if immediate patch available. Occasionally crashes game.  Makes players stop playing mod.
C. Do not release X.0 revision with this bug in place. Makes the mod look bad. Is playable but not glowing quality.
D. Ignore this bug unless an easy fix becomes available.  Is annoying. Reduces enthusiasm for the mod.

I would have to put this as a low "D".  It is a problem, but right now we're working at getting the mod rolling towards 4.0, and 3.8 has some A and B bugs that need to be cleared.

Back
Top Bottom