->Sword of Damocles: Warlords | Download Here!<-

Users who are viewing this thread

never mind about my lack of experience comment... once i got a castle and told my dude to train recruits it started happening.  I did not know you needed a castle to give your troops xp....

btw.... the unchouchable lance is called "young knights great lance"

definitely a lack of bandits, looters,  and in the early game it is almost impossible to catch them.

a couple of suggestions feel free to tell me to shove it.

the actual battle map needs a mini map with the enemy marked on it. 
also the battle map should be larger which allows for you to set up your troops against horse parties which charge before you get into formation... 

Is there any special thread for bugs of this version?
I seem to have this problem with my Adenian Knights ... when in battle they normally crash it alot or it doesn't carash much but we still can only see the knight and his invisible horse...more the graphic crashes...pfff  :sad:

I'm making a few test runs right now, as soon as I do that I'll put together a update for you all to install on top of the last download.

Winterz said:
Is there any special thread for bugs of this version?
I seem to have this problem with my Adenian Knights ... when in battle they normally crash it alot or it doesn't carash much but we still can only see the knight and his invisible horse...more the graphic crashes...pfff  :sad:

Were thinking about making a bug thread but at the moment we won't need one. I think I've fixed all the major bugs. I had noticed a minor graphical glitch that happened with the Adenian Knights. I think it has to do with the helmets in some cases. There was this color streak when you pan your view on to the knights with the pig face helmets. If this ever happens you need to save your game and restart Warband. I might have to remove the helmets they use or make sure their face data or armor model isn't messing up the game. I know what exactly your talking about though. So far I haven't noticed this since I've updated and improved the game.

EDIT:
This is about the glitch you mentioned:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,156396.0.html

smurfin said:
Thank you for this, I always wanted this mod for Wb.

Your Welcome!

Update:
Hey guys since I finished the new bows I'm going to add them in game so it'll take longer for me to release this update, and plus I'm trying to extend the view on the Faction Relations Screen. I just want the upgrade to feel complete. So far the game is freaking great. I can't wait to start integrating each of the five faiths into the game...

Couple of things regarding the map:
The crossings over the river that divides the Villanese are invisible.
The size of the map makes you feel lonely , I went from the middle of the map to the Marinian edge via some Villanese towns and saw a group of looters, one caravan and three lords along with sevra pesants heading to town.

Demi-related to the map:

I despise the first 100 days or so of playing, since you spend most of the time running from town to town looking for your prefered companions, usually in my case with 0 pathfinding packed with trade goods, (this is also true for the smaller native map(s)).

Could add a dialogue option for the guildmaster or something for announcing job opportunities in the cities (limited to a faction or not) for skilled surgeons, trackers and whatnot who would like to join a mercenary army.
Make them either automatically contact you, or increase probability of appearing in a tavern (in the city you announced it in / a city you designate when you announce it).

Edit: I forgot to mention how long I've waited for the warbands version since the non-WB crashes on W7. Good job.

Grönstenätare said:
Couple of things regarding the map:
The crossings over the river that divides the Villanese are invisible.
The size of the map makes you feel lonely , I went from the middle of the map to the Marinian edge via some Villanese towns and saw a group of looters, one caravan and three lords along with sevra pesants heading to town.

Demi-related to the map:

I despise the first 100 days or so of playing, since you spend most of the time running from town to town looking for your prefered companions, usually in my case with 0 pathfinding packed with trade goods, (this is also true for the smaller native map(s)).
Don't worry I've adjusted many things related to map size, I'll be releasing an update soon.

Grönstenätare said:
Could add a dialogue option for the guildmaster or something for announcing job opportunities in the cities (limited to a faction or not) for skilled surgeons, trackers and whatnot who would like to join a mercenary army.
Make them either automatically contact you, or increase probability of appearing in a tavern (in the city you announced it in / a city you designate when you announce it).
...  :???: ... Think about how much time that would take to implement, I haven't even fixed the scenes yet and your asking me to do something no one has done before. Don't be selfish  :razz:

Plus that's something I don't want to do. There's a lot of work to be done for something like that. The easiest thing for me to do is to add more heroes  :mrgreen:

Grönstenätare said:
Edit: I forgot to mention how long I've waited for the warbands version since the non-WB crashes on W7. Good job.

Ahh, I've been waiting too...  :lol:

on jdownloader all links look offline... ideas?  :idea:
found out, it's quite a linkgrabber bug. good mod! always wanted to play it on warband.

I have a question. Probably a stupid one but I'll ask it anyway. I played all of the SOD releases, from the very first to the current one on Warband. I found that a lot of the excitement in the original was preparing for the massive invasion. I notice in the port you have the Imperial Expeditionary force already here. Does this mean there is another invading force coming or have you scratched that idea?
Spent all last night playing, didn't sleep  :shock: ......  Was having too much fun ha ha. Cant wait till next release.

Shadowform said:
I have a question. Probably a stupid one but I'll ask it anyway. I played all of the SOD releases, from the very first to the current one on Warband. I found that a lot of the excitement in the original was preparing for the massive invasion. I notice in the port you have the Imperial Expeditionary force already here. Does this mean there is another invading force coming or have you scratched that idea?
Spent all last night playing, didn't sleep  :shock: ......  Was having too much fun ha ha. Cant wait till next release.

The story and the major features aren't in the game. This release is a test to prepare for the official story.

There's some kind of error when I try to download the file in the first link of the OP, something about it not being available. IS there a new link for the download or something?

killer110 said:
There's some kind of error when I try to download the file in the first link of the OP, something about it not being available. IS there a new link for the download or something?

Your talking about the Game front download links? I never tried the ".RU" link, but the Game front links seem to be working well...

Great job, man! Map is frakkin awsome. Everything going in right way. But... I have some suggests and questions.

1. Change font for Warlords logo, its not good reading right now. Gothic style is ok, but dont push too much, man.

2. More banners! (but dont put emblems of novadays countries, like Polish white eagle ;p I'm Polish, and i think its look hilarious when I see my national embles as Marinian banner :grin:, so maybe search for medieval and ancient banners?)

3. Fix factions banners, put asian looklike to Khergits and Zerrikanian, european lookslike to other groups.

4. More names for villages? ;p Well im fantasy writer (begginer, but i already got finished few stories ^_^) so maybe I help you to create some names? Expecialy, to create factions sounds like, beacuse many cities got so diferent names... like some Antarian - Portadus, Baylake, Athaen, on sounds like from ancient Rome or Greece, another like english city, third one like german town... each one is on Antarian teritory, so what kind of faction it is?

5. More forests, grass lakes, palms rivers, bridges and maybe random objcects on stategy map (just as decoration)

6. There will be strategy advisor?

7. Add Combat Animation Enhancement (of course if author will get you green light), its better than original. And fix animation for long spears, Marinian looks to me like Swiss Medieval Army, whose use same weapons and tactics. So, if you fight so long spear as Marinians, you  march with blade towards to enemy. Thats the reason why Marinians troops looks strange, when they towards you - they dont aim long spears front. And one more thing, muskets are marked as spears, so soldiers
catch them by one hand, looks strange, so maybe fix this, to be like crossbow, in two hands? [and loading guns animations looks too slow than reallife]

https://secure.wargamesfoundry.com/_images/thumbs/BASW001_large_1256896417_900x1101.png?prodid=9745

8. Fix towns scenes? ;p

9. Add firearms units to trees? I dont know their already in Warlords, but if they not, maybe change that? If hero and NPC can use it, why not an army? Of course, firearms are expensive, so only well payed units should use it. Maybe some bandits too, but like random weapon? (for diversification gove them lots of common bows, crosbows, guns swords etc?)

10. Are you look for someone whose draw graphic? SoD factions needs "faction symbols" as original factions (you know, tiger, wolf, panther, eagle, hawk + faction weapons, shields, helmets)

11. More sounds? Expecialy for guns, 3 sound its not enough. (good think is add sound "Fire!" from movie "Patriot" by Roland Emmerich when gunners will take fire ;D)

12. In future will be added siege weapons? Like catapult, trebuchete, cannons?

I have a question. Do you have to download them all and THEN activate them or what? An installation guide would be useful.

killer110 said:
I have a question. Do you have to download them all and THEN activate them or what? An installation guide would be useful.

The 4 links from game front are just one file split into 4 pieces. The one from the .RU link is a single file by itself. Next time I make a release It'll be on the MB Repository.

And what do you do with the 4 split files? Do you put them together or "install" them one at a time?

Edit: Also it's my birthday today so I want all my questions answered and hopefully SoD on my screen.

killer110 said:
And what do you do with the 4 split files? Do you put them together or "install" them one at a time?

Edit: Also it's my birthday today so I want all my questions answered and hopefully SoD on my screen.

extract them all in the same file on your desktop or somewhere then move the file to your M&B Modules file. Then play.

faren89 said:
4. More names for villages? ;p Well im fantasy writer (begginer, but i already got finished few stories ^_^) so maybe I help you to create some names? Expecialy, to create factions sounds like, beacuse many cities got so diferent names... like some Antarian - Portadus, Baylake, Athaen, on sounds like from ancient Rome or Greece, another like english city, third one like german town... each one is on Antarian teritory, so what kind of faction it is?

7. Add Combat Animation Enhancement (of course if author will get you green light), its better than original. And fix animation for long spears, Marinian looks to me like Swiss Medieval Army, whose use same weapons and tactics. So, if you fight so long spear as Marinians, you  march with blade towards to enemy. Thats the reason why Marinians troops looks strange, when they towards you - they dont aim long spears front. And one more thing, muskets are marked as spears, so soldiers
catch them by one hand, looks strange, so maybe fix this, to be like crossbow, in two hands? [and loading guns animations looks too slow than reallife]

https://secure.wargamesfoundry.com/_images/thumbs/BASW001_large_1256896417_900x1101.png?prodid=9745

On your number 4, all the villages have been named, i'l be helping computica with putting them ingame.

on your number 7 combat animation enhancement is not something everyone likes, as an example it makes bows almost as slow as crosbows. If you like it, the mod has a guide telling you how to implement it.

I can't really speak Russian so can someone tell me if it's Warband: SOD in just 1 folder and what button do I press to start the download?

Back
Top Bottom