->Sword of Damocles: Warlords | Download Here!<-

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks.

Also, is there a way to increase the population growth of a town. I'd like it seeing as the reinforcements take all the population, and you cannot (I think) simply take a village individually off the reinforcement thingy.

Kytuzian said:
Thanks.

Also, is there a way to increase the population growth of a town. I'd like it seeing as the reinforcements take all the population, and you cannot (I think) simply take a village individually off the reinforcement thingy.
In 4.0 you'll be able to do so. Not in the 3.0B release since it was just an early release test.

Computica said:
Make sure you have the knight chapters built in your castle or town. The name of the chapter may be different based on which faith you have but the description will tell you that the building is needed to bring more noble troops in. After you receive your noble troops train them to their top tier and keep them with you in your party. You'll get a message saying that they are going to devote to there faith. choose the option where you give denars. After that they will become Zealots. After they are zealots you need to garrison them in a castle that has a chapel built so they can train to become faith troops.

Just curious : what does the "I release you so that you can spread our faith" option do ?

Oh, and btw : the Finances Balance rolls over (goes back to 0) beyond 1.000.000.000 (a billion). Just saying.... :roll:

AntiChrono said:
Just curious : what does the "I release you so that you can spread our faith" option do ?
Option 2: I'm collecting money to help our faith, give me your denars and stay like you are.
Receive an amount of money between 20 & 499 (Changed to 250 & 500)
Player honor goes to -1 (Changed to -2)
Global Faith -50
Troop stays a high tier Noble

Option 3: I release you from your oath. Preach our beliefs.
Player honor goes to +2
Global Faith +50
Troop Leaves Party

AntiChrono said:
Oh, and btw : the Finances Balance rolls over (goes back to 0) beyond 1.000.000.000 (a billion). Just saying.... :roll:
Don't worry, it's fixed in 4.0; so it's best to keep money in your treasury.

NOTE:
Global Faith is your personal faith which is used to trigger this event and help you in other ways in 4.0.

Computica said:
[...snip...] - Thank you for the explanations !

AntiChrono said:
Don't worry, it's fixed in 4.0; so it's best to keep money in your treasury.

NOTE:
Global Faith is your personal faith which is used to trigger this event and help you in other ways in 4.0.

Once you are King of your own Kingdom, all money produced (rents from Villages/Castles/Towns + Enterprises) goes straight into the Treasury. That is the "Finances Balance" I was talking about. I doubt the maximum amount (999.999.999) between Personal & Treasury Balance differ, but I think the problem might be in M&BW's original code, not yours.

Come to think of it, it might calm down "extreme TweakMBers" anyways. Yes, I'm a victim.

What are you doing with that much cash anyways? Well don't worry because you'll have many more places to spend and distribute extra money around your kingdom. The banks will be fixed as your personal stash of money, and you'll also be able to borrow money if need be.

What's the point of the war parties? They're too small to take out pretty much any of the bandits, seeing as they travel in parties of 30-100 or, occassionally, even more. Would it be possible to make those of your own faction(the one you are king/queen of) join you of? I was eyeing some nobles they had jealously and accidentally attacked my own war party...

Kytuzian said:
What's the point of the war parties? They're too small to take out pretty much any of the bandits, seeing as they travel in parties of 30-100 or, occassionally, even more. Would it be possible to make those of your own faction(the one you are king/queen of) join you of? I was eyeing some nobles they had jealously and accidentally attacked my own war party...
War parties are great!  The act as canaries in the coal mine, letting you know when there are bandits around.  Early, you get a warning because the war parties are running from the bandits.  Later they are a warning because the war parties are absent.

War parties also serve to stall your enemies long enough for you to swoop down on them as they are engaging the war parties. 

Also, they are free and take out small bandit groups.

Daedelus_McGee said:
War parties are great!  The act as canaries in the coal mine, letting you know when there are bandits around.  Early, you get a warning because the war parties are running from the bandits.  Later they are a warning because the war parties are absent.

War parties also serve to stall your enemies long enough for you to swoop down on them as they are engaging the war parties. 

Also, they are free and take out small bandit groups.
To add to that they'll be much more useful in 4.0 as you'll be able to give them patrol and follow commands. Before the dialog for them was actually broken in 2.4-3.0B1 but this time I fixed it correctly. When you attack a group of an enemy or neutral faction it'll have a similar negative effect as attacking farmers.

Plus they'll have a better benefit for taking out a certain party type in 4.0.

I never watch the war parties, I'm WAY to busy defending my kingdom, seeing as most of my lords are reformed thieves and stuff(a.k.a companions). Only lord with a real army has 216 troops. Most of the the others have 50-70. Anyway, for some reason, all the kingdoms decided to declare war on my at the same time.

Will you tell us what kind of party they are good at taking out?

Kytuzian said:
I never watch the war parties, I'm WAY to busy defending my kingdom, seeing as most of my lords are reformed thieves and stuff(a.k.a companions). Only lord with a real army has 216 troops. Most of the the others have 50-70. Anyway, for some reason, all the kingdoms decided to declare war on my at the same time.

Will you tell us what kind of party they are good at taking out?
In 4.0 when villages become infested or in a riot they spawn a hostile party based on what infected the village. Riots will happen too if the village is rioting. War parties will take out these groups and aid you more in battle. Only if your a mercenary of a faction will they actually set themselves as men for hire.

Kytuzian said:
Okay, cool. Sad about the mercenary part though. Will it ever be possible to take troops from your lords?
Yes, from all lords; Even prisoners can be traded by lords. This will depend on your relationship with that lord because lords do spend money to get troops.

Oh. Dang. At least I'll be able to get troops from my own lords, since they all love me.

I'm getting more excited all the time.

ivan745 said:
will this mod be compatible with the new version of warband 1.142?
Yes it already is. There wasn't much of anything they changed to be game breaking. They haven't released the source code yet either.  But my current WIP build is working along with the Engine even better than before.

Back
Top Bottom