SWORD OF DAMOCLES - V5.0 BETA_1 DOWNLOAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Oskatat said:
well, the marinians lack the shields of the rhodok, so if you just bring a lot of archers, they're history, the same goes for the antarians. The throwers have shields but are usually dead before running out of ammo - they have lousy armor and they don't use the shields as long as they have something to throw. The adenian knights rule the battlefield, but capturing a castle with them will cost you, a lot, unless you get your archers somewhere else.

So yeah, even when led by me, the great general, I'd prefer villainese first, then adenian as long as I recruit ranged units somewhere else and then the Zerrikan, which is mostly due to my allergy to horse archers that aren't me. Antarians simply get slaughtered at long range. And while marinians do better due to having crossbowmen instead of javelinmen, they're still very vulnerable and have the additional weakness of not recruiting nobles untill you capture a town.

Well, I think your mostly right about this thing, I haven't really used Ranged-weapon based factions a lot, but I still remember the time I captured lots of Vaegir archers, I was planning on placing them on whatever hill-based map I could find against the Khergits, and they were completely DECIMATED, even when I placed infantry in front of them, i'm not really a master strategist in mount and blade, but I think the best way to build up your army is to find deserters and use blunt weapons to knock them out, i'm currently playing as an Antarian after playing as a Zerrikanian for a long time (The people based off the Witcher, Book,TV and game series), and if I speak about Zerrekanians, i'll say their Reapers are a pure way of dominating other troops, no matter who they are, but other then that and the harvesters, their nothing really special when it comes to cavalry.

The Antarians on the other hand have amazing infantry, but they have the worst ranged units in the game, i'd compare them to Nord recruits, but their infantry is just lethal, their elites can easily take on four people at once and win, and I remember hearing about one of their faith troops, armed with a hammer being able to defeat twelve people alone before rushing on for more.

I've never really played the Villainese, Adenians or Marinians though.

I still can't wait for the next version to come out, not sure what it might feature but i'm pretty sure there are going to be some big, amazing changes.

maybe some buildings that improve the item quality the shops sell? Wait, I think that was related to prosperity. Some way to split your army so you can have 2 blocks of cavalry charging in from opposite directions?

You guys keep bashing the Anterians.  Just set them on Charge and watch the Mayhem they produce.
Seriously they have the best natural infantry in the game (or is the typo still set to ifantry?) so they work best with no stratedgy just charge.

I still do prefer the Villanese though, nothing quite like desimating the entire enemy force before they reach you.  That and I control the whole map with them (before the Romans invade got like 5 more days before they show up and i've had the whole map for about 3 months ingame, no cheats)  Thank God i kept my lvl 43 character around cause i need every point in administration to have all the town as my person feifs.

oh, and screw scouts they suck, unles you are zerrakian or andeian.

warrof said:
You guys keep bashing the Anterians.  Just set them on Charge and watch the Mayhem they produce.
Seriously they have the best natural infantry in the game (or is the typo still set to ifantry?) so they work best with no stratedgy just charge.

I still do prefer the Villanese though, nothing quite like desimating the entire enemy force before they reach you.  That and I control the whole map with them (before the Romans invade got like 5 more days before they show up and i've had the whole map for about 3 months ingame, no cheats)  Thank God i kept my lvl 43 character around cause i need every point in administration to have all the town as my person feifs.

oh, and screw scouts they suck, unles you are zerrakian or andeian.

Who ever said we were bashing Antarians?

Very impressed with the mod so far, brilliant work.

However I have noticed a rather annoying bug where for example I will be raising an army up to around 190 and then when I finish a tournament or visit a town I suddenly find I am down to something like 100 men. I really have no idea why this is happening but it is really frustrating since I need to raise the army in order to invade one of my neighbours.

[EDIT]
I have figured out that the problem appears to happen when I try to hire Firentis. I am not sure if this is by design but if its not I have a save game available to show the issue. I go from 175 men to 108 after hiring him.

cep said:
Very impressed with the mod so far, brilliant work.

However I have noticed a rather annoying bug where for example I will be raising an army up to around 190 and then when I finish a tournament or visit a town I suddenly find I am down to something like 100 men. I really have no idea why this is happening but it is really frustrating since I need to raise the army in order to invade one of my neighbours.

[EDIT]
I have figured out that the problem appears to happen when I try to hire Firentis. I am not sure if this is by design but if its not I have a save game available to show the issue. I go from 175 men to 108 after hiring him.
Limit of 32 unit types (each hero IS unit type) although removed, gets reaplied when you take another hero, it is probably that.

Nope its not that, I have only 6 types in my army. Seems that whenever you hire a hero you lose a shed load of soldiers. The only other annoying bug I have seen so far is when you fight the centurions, defeat them and they do that death speech. Then when your character says they are going to bleed to death, you can't proceed. I think the dialog is broken.

there is currently not any work going on with this mod, since its for the old mount and blade.

The follow up version for warband is released in beta atm.

Sorry to bother u all i'm not sure if its just something simple but what do i have to do when the game is loading up (v5 i downloaded today from m and b repository) and it says it cant load up game because it cant open the commonRes\costumes_a.brf file? Any ideas?
Cheers mat twas looking forward to playing ur game hopefully its a common problem.

Back
Top Bottom