Swing trails

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOcelot

Recruit
How to add swing trails on weapons? As i understand this is an animation frames, but i have no idea how to add animated obj files in OpenBRF.

MrOcelot said:
How to add swing trails on weapons? As i understand this is an animation frames, but i have no idea how to add animated obj files in OpenBRF.

You can't unless you hack it away. Stuff like custom particle systems which are triggered just when the weapon swings, custom shaders, custom materials, custom particle meshes. It's a matter of trying, failing and improving over time. You won't get any quick option that enables it for you, it's going to be hard and rough. But that's how modding works.

Also, you don't control vertex animation directly, you can't play it or loop it, it's hardcoded. The game controls it and doesn't expose that functionality in a way that can be scripted. Warband already comes with an weapon blur shader, even if the trail isn't visible.

Hardcoded? Those trails are just compiled with each weapon model in BRF archives, but OpenBRF don't show or export this models with animations where trails are visible. At least, i seen that animations exists in another brf editor.

MrOcelot said:
Hardcoded? Those trails are just compiled with each weapon model in BRF archives, but OpenBRF don't show or export this models with animations where trails are visible. At least, i seen that animations exists in another brf editor.

Read. Read attentively. You CAN have per-vertex animation in OpenBRF and in-game, but you don't control it, you can't trigger it, and it won't look good at all. You don't seem to grasp the basic concepts yet, practice and once you grok it start to think big.

Particle systems are what you are looking for, read how it's implemented technically in other games and do it.

Warband already has some swing trails (well it's more of swinging so fast the weapon fades out), but as far as I know most people ask about how to remove it for their weapons.

Swyter said:
MrOcelot said:

Read. Read attentively. You CAN have per-vertex animation in OpenBRF and in-game, but you don't control it, you can't trigger it, and it won't look good at all. You don't seem to grasp the basic concepts yet, practice and once you grok it start to think big.

Particle systems are what you are looking for, read how it's implemented technically in other games and do it.
PARTICLES? Are you sure you talking about this swing trail?
image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom