swing speed doesn't mean the weapon is fast

Users who are viewing this thread

so,
the heavy northern axe has a "90 swing speed"
while the northern sword has "89 swing speed"
but it's clearly that the sword is faster when i use it in MP

is the handling stats contributes to this ?
or there is a hidden stats like "weapon weight" is controlling the overall weapon speed ?

can anyone explain please

chambering suffers from different problems, like its small hitbox
Seems like a conglomerate of problems, the window to chamber in warband was pretty small but people got good at it because swing speed stayed consistent and therefore people could time it visually to (a point on) the animation of the swing. Since swing speed varies to a variety of factors, to time it in the same way visually (like the way people did in warband) you would have to learn the multiple different ways that animations progress when affected by different mechanics such as stances, momentum, chains, ect... The fact that the hitbox is also hard to hit does not surprise me at this point..

Seems like a conglomerate of problems, the window to chamber in warband was pretty small but people got good at it because swing speed stayed consistent and therefore people could time it visually to (a point on) the animation of the swing. Since swing speed varies to a variety of factors, to time it in the same way visually (like the way people did in warband) you would have to learn the multiple different ways that animations progress when affected by different mechanics such as stances, momentum, chains, ect... The fact that the hitbox is also hard to hit does not surprise me at this point..
There are people with a lot of time spent in the game even if it is inconsistent they will hit it. For example just look at spears.

Not a huge fan of chamber mechanic it slows down the combat.

There are people with a lot of time spent in the game even if it is inconsistent they will hit it. For example just look at spears.

Chambers gives the players a chance to hit the other player.

It's one of the few things that give openings right now in bannerlord

I am a person with a lot of time spent in the game. I have spent probably 5 hours or so trying to hit them on the "duel" server and I can hit about 1 in 3 with all factors seemingly equalized and the guy swinging at a tempo. This is in comparison to warband where you could have "chamber battles" (chambering each others chambers until someone makes a mistake) and these could last for hundreds of attacks... Minutes or longer sometimes. So far I have not seen any warband player who can hit them consistently on purpose, or rather anyone that even tries now that they are so random.. Pretty much everyone I have talked to from the competitive NA community agrees they are fairly random.

Chambers gives the players a chance to hit the other player.

It's one of the few things that give openings right now in bannerlord
this means that it slows down combat because attacking can be punishing,

I am a person with a lot of time spent in the game. I have spent probably 5 hours or so trying to hit them on the "duel" server and I can hit about 1 in 3 with all factors seemingly equalized and the guy swinging at a tempo. This is in comparison to warband where you could have "chamber battles" (chambering each others chambers until someone makes a mistake) and these could last for hundreds of attacks... Minutes or longer sometimes. So far I have not seen any warband player who can hit them consistently on purpose, or rather anyone that even tries now that they are so random.. Pretty much everyone I have talked to from the competitive NA community agrees they are fairly random.
I cant tell you exactly since i didnt decompile the code, if they dont have a variable timeing then it must be something else like the hitbox.

There is so much inconsistencies in the engine that same moves behave differently depending on actual server stability and scripts loading (with DMG output,input and hit registration) that you can test yourself by repeating the same combinations with the same weapons e.g with your friend and see how many issues combat is struggling at the moment. That's why many players gave up playing in EA untill game is fixed and/or dedicated servers are added.

I'm still looking forward impatiently for a new patch to see how it'll fix or screw it even more.

Back
Top Bottom