Swarm of Smiths

Users who are viewing this thread

I saw a post that a member of the community posted about the swarms of looters and such, a response from Taleworlds indicated that all he needed do was wipe out the hideouts.

Currently in Beta 1.4 I am wiping out hideouts, and before I have rode 10 seconds away from the smoking ruins of that hideout they have rebuilt it and stocked it with fresh criminals, So I sigh and look over my shoulder at my 2IC, I insist they do a better job this time, they ride off and once again destroy the hideout, and sure enough, before we have cleared the next hill we have a fully rebuilt and refurbished nest of knaves terrorizing the good citizens of my kingdom, surely this cannot be intentional.

I saw a post that a member of the community posted about the swarms of looters and such, a response from Taleworlds indicated that all he needed do was wipe out the hideouts.

Currently in Beta 1.4 I am wiping out hideouts, and before I have rode 10 seconds away from the smoking ruins of that hideout they have rebuilt it and stocked it with fresh criminals, So I sigh and look over my shoulder at my 2IC, I insist they do a better job this time, they ride off and once again destroy the hideout, and sure enough, before we have cleared the next hill we have a fully rebuilt and refurbished nest of knaves terrorizing the good citizens of my kingdom, surely this cannot be intentional.
If you want the hideout removed permanently, DO NOT DUEL the bandit leader. If you do, those bandits standing behind him will immediately rebuild the bandit den as that is what their AI is programmed to do. That's the entire reason the bandit leader requests the duel. He thinks he can beat you, but if he can't, his bandit troupe survives. Alternatively, if you do duel and win, do not immediately leave the area, kill the 4-5 bandits who spawn near where the hideout disappeared. They will be in small scattered parties, so it might be hard to catch them, though. The stronger the lingering bandits, the easier it is for the hideout to be rebuilt. I think it has to do with levels. For example, it takes a handful of bushwackers to rebuild the den (maybe 3 or 4) but a single forest bandit can do it alone.

Lastly, even if you do fully eliminate the hideout, another hideout will eventually spawn at random given enough days, because that's how they appear in the first place.

Bandits and looters respawn so quickly it's nonsense. They are cockroaches and it's impossible to really do much to decrease the amount of parties out and about.

Having to chase them down, do the conversation, then do the battle (because sure resolve is too risky), makes them such a chore and a grind to clean up. Then they just come right back anyway.

I've transitioned to only bothering to kill parties that are large enough to scare my peasant parties. Otherwise it's just a torturous grind that achieves nothing.

If you want the hideout removed permanently, DO NOT DUEL the bandit leader.
You can still shoot them in the face with arrows after the duel and they'll die. :grin:

One possible reason, if the hideout is quest related, it will respawn. eg. main storyline related or village quest related

Or do what I do for all the other problems in the game...mod it. The mod "Buy patrols" will fix having to babysit villagers and will stop the npc lords from using a party of 20 troops to raid your villages.

Well, about the hideouts. I just cleared one and moved further into the wild lands. Do brigands need food or something to be naturally balanced?
WXttd4n.png

Well, about the hideouts. I just cleared one and moved further into the wild lands. Do brigands need food or something to be naturally balanced?
WXttd4n.png
That place is notorious for being a Sea Bandit hotspot. Nothing ever goes over there so it's free real estate for em. Excellent spot to lvl recruits.

Back
Top Bottom