Swadian are such OP now :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevlar

Baron
They got pikes, they got crossbows, they got horses and they got the fastest 2h swords. What faction has any hope of beating them :sad:

Just finished a match against them as khanate and we got smoked (good thing they camped, swadia). At least I got to kill dairyproduct two or three times while recording, while in first person mode, lol.

Nope, the Swadians have the best ARMOUR. Nords have the best WEAPONS. Khergits have HORSES. Vaegirs are most BALANCED. Rhodoks have good ARMOUR as well, and HUGE SHIELDS.

As the Khergits your team should have circled theirs.

The only OP thing about swadia is the great lance, and thats not a major balance issue because only a handfull of players are capable of making use of the imbalance (if not handled properly it's a rubbish weapon).

Mabons said:
Nope, the Swadians have the best ARMOUR. Nords have the best WEAPONS. Khergits have HORSES. Vaegirs are most BALANCED. Rhodoks have good ARMOUR as well, and HUGE SHIELDS.

As the Khergits your team should have circled theirs.

Circling is so boring though, I always play lancer and never horse archer, don't know why the rest of my team did the same. Nords don't really have the best weapons since there all really slow while the swadians heavy b sword is really fast and can still hurt just as much or more.

Kevlar said:
Circling is so boring though, I always play lancer and never horse archer, don't know why the rest of my team did the same. Nords don't really have the best weapons since there all really slow while the swadians heavy b sword is really fast and can still hurt just as much or more.

Just because you're a lancer doesn't mean you're FORCED to charge directly into the enemy. And it doesn't mean you can't circle. Just circle around them only a bit tighter then an archer would and whenever you see an archer drift a bit too far from a spearment BAM he's dead.

Kevlar said:
Nords don't really have the best weapons since there all really slow...
Huh? Nords have throwing axes/hand axes which are quick, inexpensive, and utterly waste shields.

Gobblecoque said:
Kevlar said:
Nords don't really have the best weapons since there all really slow...
Huh? Nords have throwing axes/hand axes which are quick, inexpensive, and utterly waste shields.

this

I would say that Swadians have the best all-around dueling weapons, but the battlefield is a lot more than just dueling. Even if a 2-handed axe is slow, if you've got 4 or 5 swinging at you, it doesn't really matter. Your shield will not last long either.

I think the Swadians are right below the Nords though in having weapons that devastate in the chaos of massive melee battle.

Kevlar said:
They got pikes, they got crossbows, they got horses and they got the fastest 2h swords. What faction has any hope of beating them :sad:

Just finished a match against them as khanate and we got smoked (good thing they camped, swadia). At least I got to kill dairyproduct two or three times while recording, while in first person mode, lol.

The Swadian infantry don't have a good variety of spears (unless that's been changed), and you are quite vulnerable with a two-hander to arrow fire, throwing axes, and to melee on manual block servers.  Their weapon proficiency could be turned down slightly, but I think they are pretty balanced atm.  Plus, Bastard swords are quite expensive now.

Their xbowmen are good, but they get bad shields and poor melee weapons.  So I think its balanced.

Swadians have the best knights, good swordsmen, and heavily armored xbowmen.

Vaegirs have the best foot archers, excellent spearmen, and versatile knights that get good weapons.

Khergits have good lancers and the only horse archers (I still think they need some kind of two-hander weapon for infantry, though)

Nords have excellent veterans, heavily armored archers that have good melee weapons, and poor cavalry

Rhodoks have versatile and good infantry, good xbowmen, and so-so cavalry.  They also have the best shields.

So I think its fairly balanced.

I think once you get to the later rounds in Battle mode, the Swadians have a significant edge.  I'm not necessarily saying they require nerfing, but they do seem rather unstoppable in the later battles when they've all bulked up in heavy armor, great helms, chargers, and two handed swords.  If I were to do anything to the Swadians, I'd guess I'd take away their pikes, giving their infantry a disadvantage against cavalry.

I think they are fairly balanced. In my short beta testing period I've seen swadians getting owned easily even at late stages of a battle, so I think it just depends on the players. I suppose a few tweaks wouldn't hurt though.

Mabons said:
cdvader said:
I disagree, nords do have the best weaponry.

Congrats on Knight rank BTW. And are you called vader in game?
Yeah, I'm Vader. :razz: And I guess you're Mabons. :grin:

On topic, though, I agree with CtrlAltDe1337 (mostly). Though the rhodoks, IMO, don't have versatile infantry: the infantry of rhodoks stands up to horses but not to other infantry (Not as good as nord infantry or swadian, for example. Might be just me, though).

Gabeed said:
If I were to do anything to the Swadians, I'd guess I'd take away their pikes, giving their infantry a disadvantage against cavalry.

I could see that. It's the only polearm their infantry gets, so it's kind of out of place. It's also free, whereas the Rhodoks (who have a whole slew of polearms) must pay for it.

Plus with horse hit boxes fixed, crossbows are very effective for taking out cavalry.

I noticed this while playing as a Swadian crossbowman with two siege crossbows, bolts, and a two-handed sword that Reilnur so graciously bought for me. I could take down the occasional Rhodok cavalryman with easy, and in a melee that two-handed sword was terrifying. You can ask Gabeed, he was on the receiving end of it a couple times.

As for the pike, I love using it with two hands, but if you're going against a cavalry-heavy faction (khergits, vaegirs & rhodoks sometimes) you've got the best anti-cavalry weapon for no cost at all, and you can buy a gambeson and two-handed sword to go along with it in the first wave of battle mode.

As a matter of fact, for a while I only brought a pike and the free sword with me into battle (along with armor of course), and I would use the pike to poke at infantry that were preoccupied and to take out cavalry. It also gave me a nice long reach so I could stab archers who tried to run away. They always think they can get that last-second shot off, but if you stab them first it really ****s 'em up.

Yes, the free pike thing is a bit weird when compared to the Rhodoks that get them through payment. Perhaps instead of taking out all the polearms they get, they could get downgraded? For example, they're given the weaker pikes from the other factions instead?
But even if they were to be spearless, seeing how they cope against enemy cavalry with crossbows and swords would be very interesting.

cdvader said:
Mabons said:
cdvader said:

On topic, though, I agree with CtrlAltDe1337 (mostly). Though the rhodoks, IMO, don't have versatile infantry: the infantry of rhodoks stands up to horses but not to other infantry (Not as good as nord infantry or swadian, for example. Might be just me, though).
hey guys i see you play alot me and killer-blead are having great fun in beta with range wepons great to shoot down infantry

cdvader said:
Mabons said:
cdvader said:

On topic, though, I agree with CtrlAltDe1337 (mostly). Though the Rhodoks, IMO, don't have versatile infantry: the infantry of rhodoks stands up to horses but not to other infantry (Not as good as Nord infantry or Swadian, for example. Might be just me, though).
I don't agree with you. Rhodok infantry are very good, especially in manual block servers. The military pick is a nice weapon and so is the club with spike. Maybe not as good as swords, but good nonetheless. They also have very good armour. I do agree that they stand up against cavalry though, when played well with. Crossbows do very good against horses, and I could take out 5 horsemen in a row with the ashwood pike (monster weapon :smile:)

EDIT: Woops bit off-topic since this is a Swadian thread. I agree that they are good at everything, they have good crossbowmen that can defend themselves in melee (less than Rhodoks though). They have strong 2-handers as well as good one-handed weapons for their infantry, and they have the best cavalry. If we look back at M&B 1.011 than we can say they changed the crossbowmen by giving them siege crossbows, while those used to be for the Rhodoks only. I think they should remove those to give the Rhodoks their unique weapon back. Also from what I remember the swadians used to have the picks and morningstars, now the Rhodoks have them. But overall I don't think Swadians are too overpowered.

Back
Top Bottom