MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

ThaneWulfgharn said:
NightHawkreal said:
I'm more interested -  how to create such a difficult skeleton? Especially - the third leg.

Lux
Of course, all this is heresy, except that you say.

Droideka
Not with skeletons.With Scene Props.The "Real" droideka body will be an invisible thing. What will appear ingame will be a conglomeration of Scene Props and a special inventory icon for inventory.Since the "Real" armor will be invisible,the player will be killed when the main Scene Prop will be destroyed.There are 4 types of Scene props:
Droideka Body(Main Part,Destructible)
Droideka Forearms(Both sides,Indestructible)
Droideka Blasers(Both sides,Indestructible)
Droideka Legs(1 of this per droideka,indestructible)
Droideka Shield(1 of this per droideka,destructible)

Now:

Droideka Body is "static",moves with the player and destructible.Set HPs yourself.
Droideka Forearms move with the player and,when firing,rotate according to the X axis(at least in Wings 3D).
Droideka Blasters move with the player moves and,when firing,move according the Z axis(at least in Wings 3D).
Droideka Legs rotate when the player moves and move with him. According to Y axis(in Wings 3D). They rotate once left and once right.
Cool, tell us when you're done and we'll gladly include the whole thing in the mod.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
NightHawkreal said:
I'm more interested -  how to create such a difficult skeleton? Especially - the third leg.

Lux
Of course, all this is heresy, except that you say.

Droideka
Not with skeletons.With Scene Props.The "Real" droideka body will be an invisible thing. What will appear ingame will be a conglomeration of Scene Props and a special inventory icon for inventory.Since the "Real" armor will be invisible,the player will be killed when the main Scene Prop will be destroyed.There are 4 types of Scene props:
Droideka Body(Main Part,Destructible)
Droideka Forearms(Both sides,Indestructible)
Droideka Blasers(Both sides,Indestructible)
Droideka Legs(1 of this per droideka,indestructible)
Droideka Shield(1 of this per droideka,destructible)

Now:

Droideka Body is "static",moves with the player and destructible.Set HPs yourself.
Droideka Forearms move with the player and,when firing,rotate according to the X axis(at least in Wings 3D).
Droideka Blasters move with the player moves and,when firing,move according the Z axis(at least in Wings 3D).
Droideka Legs rotate when the player moves and move with him. According to Y axis(in Wings 3D). They rotate once left and once right.

*FPS is your downfall due to a scene prop cannot be removed/destroyed from the scene.
*You cannot position the missiles correctly to each "weapon".
*And, this would look like a droideka-painted moving box.
*You will have to move the legs per frame. If you don't want it flying on ground.
*It looks like a pretty good long one of a "rotate-and-move" system.

I would dare to have a skeleton for this.

(Unless, this idea is being though on by Highlander. I would not argue with him.)

It might be possible to make a nice droideka by adding some custom animations. I tried that already, but quit it, because I didn't manage to create a good model for it. That scene prop stuff is silly, as Belendor explained.

What about battle specific factions? For example, a faction called Galactic Republic (Kashyyyk) would have Clone Scouts, Wookies, and Aleena Scouts in addition to the normal soldiers. A CIS (Jabiim) faction would allow spawning as a Nimbus Commando. Ice planet factions would have cold assault battle droids and clones. I think this would be a good way of introducing more units but not having factions with a mish-mash of units that shouldn't ever be seen together.

I think that in this case, the original factions will be not popular.  We do not have a specific time and place, but the war in general. I'm more worried about balance, not number of units.

Rigadoon said:
What about battle specific factions? For example, a faction called Galactic Republic (Kashyyyk) would have Clone Scouts, Wookies, and Aleena Scouts in addition to the normal soldiers. A CIS (Jabiim) faction would allow spawning as a Nimbus Commando. Ice planet factions would have cold assault battle droids and clones. I think this would be a good way of introducing more units but not having factions with a mish-mash of units that shouldn't ever be seen together.

I would definately like to see this to have some more variation. Might be too hard to implement it though because of models needed.

Phalanx300 said:
Rigadoon said:

I would definately like to see this to have some more variation. Might be too hard to implement it though because of models needed.

Actually, since he suggested that, it automatically means that he 's just volunteered to make them  :smile:

Highlander said:
With a proper model, I would try that. Can't guarantee that it'll work out well, though.

I think you will still need a skeleton. To not run into collision problems. Hm?

Back
Top Bottom