MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

NightHawkreal said:
The one who lost the first two rounds, losing the rest.

This means - the minigun, which can be delivered to the enemy  position at the beginning of the round. I think that the owners of heavy weapons have to move on foot.

Well, the minigun isn't really that powerfoul. Its owner runs out of ammo very quickly , it has cooldown and isn't very accurate.

I think that difference shouldn't be made by the availability of the jetpack or not,but from the weapon type. The fact that the Clone Commanders(Which I suggest to rename to Arc Troopers) have BIG WEAPONS dosen't mean they must be stronger than regular Clone Troopers.

For me, ranged weapons must be divided in:
Heavy Guns-> Low Accuracy,  Fast Shooting Speed,          Big Magazines,        High Damage
Light Guns->  High Accuracy,  Medium Shooting Speed,    Medium Magazines,  Medium Damage
Pistols->        Low Accuracy,  Fast Shooting Speed,          Small Magazines,      Low Damage
(Mandalorian Twin Pistols have Medium Accuracy,Extremely Fast Shooting Rate and same magazine size as other pistols, Double Damage)

My main concern would be whether the jet packs have functioning warheads. IF the trooper has a jetpack, a destructive missile, AND a heavy machine gun, the result is way too overpowering.

I think that a jet trooper with a missile launching jetpack and a DC-17 is plenty strong enough as it is. Missile quantity had better be low too.

I would divide the clones in this way:
Privates - standard rifles, grenades, knives (in the wrist  :grin:).
Scouts - Blasters (paired), knives, jetpacks, speeders, mines.
Heavy infantry - heavy weapons, when weapons prepared to shoot, movement speed reduced.
Officers - tactical ability (if any)

Perhaps mercenaries should be divided into two classes? New weapons for them planned? For example - in the left armlet.

DanyEle said:
djogloc02 said:
Clones troopers with phase II armor will be on this mod?

What do you mean with Phase II Armor? May you show me a pic perhaps?

Theotian said:
Do you guys need a beta tester? I would be willing to participate.

We've already got a couple of guys who are searching for bugs. Not at the moment, sorry.

Oh, sorry for the late answer, here some images:

url

url

url

OMG, I love them, they are too sexy ^^.

Did someone else in the forum thinked about a Star Wars Yuuzhan Vong Invasion mod for singleplayer???

Personally I think it's best for the clone classes to be something like this;

Standard Trooper - Rifle, Grenades, Knife

Jet Trooper - Carbine, Grenades, Jetpack, Knife
-Very mobile, high rate of fire but inaccurate at a distance
-Weaker armor (wookipedia mentions some sort of armor that was more suited for their job but offered less protection)

Heavy Trooper - Heavy Weapons, Explosives, Knife
-Slow moving but hard hitting

Officer - Dual Pistols or Carbine, Knife
-Tactical Ability

Well as we've seen in the Alpha people will abuse the more powerfull jobs, having more jobs but limiting the powerfull ones would probably be best for the game balance. The downside being that the people with low ping would be at a disadvantage, though there may be ways around this.

Phalanx300 said:
Well as we've seen in the Alpha people will abuse the more powerfull jobs, having more jobs but limiting the powerfull ones would probably be best for the game balance. The downside being that the people with low ping would be at a disadvantage, though there may be ways around this.

There should not be "powerfull"

In a game with ordinary Battle Droids and Clone Troopers and also Sith lords and Jedi there will always be stronger soldiers. Might as well accept it and try to balance it, rather then only having Force users and Jetpack users flying around. In the Alpha server this happened, which will happen again if its not balanced. I actually prefered the randomised units in the unchanged Alpha, because this way the factions would be more balanced with most players being standard infantry.

I come bearing gifts.

OWgNy.jpg

YyQjM.jpg
tQ95Z.jpg
Orz9_.jpg
at9X8.jpg

D0u_B.jpg

Im not sure what I should call the map, but in any case, I still need to polish it a bit.

That heavy clone is great! :smile:

But the map looks pretty patched together. Kind of a mix-match of Middle East buildings, irrigation farmland, and strange trenches. Considering the lack of proper props, the map is good, but it's just something to think about.

Keep it up!

McEwanMaster77 said:
But the map looks pretty patched together. Kind of a mix-match of Middle East buildings, irrigation farmland, and strange trenches. Considering the lack of proper props, the map is good, but it's just something to think about.
Yeah, it was a conscious decision on my part.

I know you guys are fond of the Jedi and Sith, but I'd change them to Jedi and Dark Jedi and limit them to two or three units at most.
Also, you dont' have to worry too much about limited amount of scene props, I'll be helping with that :wink:

Jedi - not super units. Droid can kill a Jedi, two droids - especially. Mercenary can kill Jedi one by one. But the "flying tank" - is a terrible weapon in the right hands. I can quickly reduce the distance, open heavy fire, and in case of danger - fly away and then attack again.

Lux said:
I know you guys are fond of the Jedi and Sith, but I'd change them to Jedi and Dark Jedi and limit them to two or three units at most.
Also, you dont' have to worry too much about limited amount of scene props, I'll be helping with that :wink:

Indeed, Lux
Slovenia-Flag.png
joins the team as modeller and texturer. Let's prepare for awesome scene props and items, such as:

stapscreen.png

Comrade Temuzu said:
I come bearing gifts

What an awesome map you did there!

Back
Top Bottom