SVN/When should you update? Important! Please Read!

Users who are viewing this thread

Auldman

Knight at Arms
Periodically as we update the mod and make bug fixes you should update your mod folder to the latest version of the mod. In some cases some of the fixes we make will require you to start new games. That's an unavoidable consequence of getting fixes to you faster now. In most cases simple updates we make won't require a new game on your part.

How do I know if my version of the mod is up to date? There should be a green circle over the folder with a white check mark in that. If you see that then you, my friend, are playing the most recent version! If it's a red mark then you are not and if you want the latest stuff plus bug fixes then you'd better right click on that folder and hit "update."

Will you post here when you release a new SVN update? And I understand the immediate bugs which may need to be fixed will mean regular updates at the start but I hated in 1257ad where it seemed something new to add every day and a new campaign to restart. Like no more than once a week perhaps?

James Grant said:
Will you post here when you release a new SVN update? And I understand the immediate bugs which may need to be fixed will mean regular updates at the start but I hated in 1257ad where it seemed something new to add every day and a new campaign to restart. Like no more than once a week perhaps?

I think to start there is going to be a flurry of bug fixing. But I take your point and I am sure DrTomas will too. We'll have to try and keep major updates to when it's absolutely necessary and cannot be helped. We'll try and let you guys know too but in the op I stated that you can tell yourself when your version is out of date. I suggest that after major fixes are done and the mod seems really stable you can opt to just wait till your done or feel done with a campaign to update. I suspect a lot of people will do that or choose to do that.

Will the red X always show up when your team has updated the files? I just updated and it deleted a file, village 47? I think. and then replaced it.  Just wondering if I should just run a quick 12 second update daily or not.

Hi,
in mod 1257 there was an internet link to the svn google update so that you could see what changes were done and when. It was very useful to me to decide if it was worth to start a new game or not before updating.

Is it possible to have it here too?

normaly i update everytime i check mods on the fourm. i check about 2 times a week monday and sonday sofar thw way the mod looks as well good job

Auldman said:

How do I know if my version of the mod is up to date? There should be a green circle over the folder with a white check mark in that. If you see that then you, my friend, are playing the most recent version! If it's a red mark then you are not and if you want the latest stuff plus bug fixes then you'd better right click on that folder and hit "update."

uhh, and what if i do not have  green circle nor red mark ?  :neutral:

Stulejarz said:
Auldman said:

uhh, and what if i do not have  green circle nor red mark ?  :neutral:
do you download the svn version the symbol only appears on the svn version

Back
Top Bottom