SP - General Surrendering Mechanic

Users who are viewing this thread

When a soldier (team A) is running away from the battle, if an enemy soldier (team B) gets within a certain range (for example 5 meters, but balancing that would be a thing), the soldier that was running away will stop running and surrender himself. you (as the player on team B) can still kill him, but striking him will give you a renown penalty (or something else), leaving him alive until the end of a battle will leave him in the prisoners tab.

I think it makes sense that a soldier that is far enough away from the thick of battle would try to run away from it when morale drops, but the ones that are in melee can't simply turn their backs on their opponents and make a run for it. Also, if you're running away from battle (because there's no hope, you're on the losing side, all of your friends are dead, they are coming for you and you'll be next), and an enemy catches up to you, what else can you do but surrender? keep running? that won't help you much.

The surrendering soldier would need to be marked as "not an enemy anymore" or something like that, so that the AI stops attacking him, but there could be a command or setting in the party tab (or maybe a dialog option) in which the player sets his party as "we don't take prisoners" (so the AI would kill soldiers even if they surrender), that could be interesting, I think.

I would love to see that implemented, thank you.

+1
I came here to suggest it !

REASON : instead of chasing down non combative units that did not really run away and get captured, it is a time-saver and cooler (RP) that they just surrender (drop weapon, kneel or arms up). This just saves time at the end of battles against units that no longer fight anyhow and do not really run away.

The player can decide to kill them anyways (RP choice as not profitable really).

+1
I came here to suggest it !

REASON : instead of chasing down non combative units that did not really run away and get captured, it is a time-saver and cooler (RP) that they just surrender (drop weapon, kneel or arms up). This just saves time at the end of battles against units that no longer fight anyhow and do not really run away.

The player can decide to kill them anyways (RP choice as not profitable really).
There could be a relations penalty with the faction/village/clan whose people you kill after they've surrendered.

Back
Top Bottom