Surgeon levels far too slow

Users who are viewing this thread

So yeah the medic/surgeon skill levels so bloody slow that I was forced to go ahead and download a cheat mod making player party units only KO instead of die.

I'm not running slow errands fighting looters for 3 real life days straight and building up steward and leadership and building an army to see my precious troops suddenly die in my first ****ing raid I just exited to menu the same battle 10 times trying different tactics to prevent perma death of Troops I've spent real life days leveling and waiting with leveling of troops to make sure the numbre of the unit is perfect.

Downloading the mod now, until I have leveled medicine to have deaths at level 10 surgeon level of warband levels.

/rant

This mod would be a far better solution for you:

Last edited:
It's upsetting because if you want to build an INT character your gains get even more ruined by leveling from combat, which is too bad since only the player char can make use of a 10 Int build and cover steward, engineer(someday) and surgeon.
Hopefully when they get rid of the "two handed swords" wanderers more healers will have a chance to spawn.
But I guess it's part of a even bigger design problem: What's the point of all these perks that nobody will ever get? The skills level too slow (or not at all) and even if somebody did get them...... the PC is intended to die at some point.... so why?

This is definitely something that needs to be readdressed once they get all the skills pounded out. I feel all skills need primary, secondary, and tertiary methods of gain. Being able to get 7 points in riding from hitting a lucky shot flock shooting across a map is equally silly, so let’s transition some of that absurdity to the bottom half of the skill tree!!

So yeah the medic/surgeon skill levels so bloody slow that I was forced to go ahead and download a cheat mod making player party units only KO instead of die.

I'm not running slow errands fighting looters for 3 real life days straight and building up steward and leadership and building an army to see my precious troops suddenly die in my first ****ing raid I just exited to menu the same battle 10 times trying different tactics to prevent perma death of Troops I've spent real life days leveling and waiting with leveling of troops to make sure the numbre of the unit is perfect.

Downloading the mod now, until I have leveled medicine to have deaths at level 10 surgeon level of warband levels.

/rant
didnt read whole post but agree, they need to increase medicine skill leveling

Agreed for medicine and roguery the XP gain is just off.
I am happy with all the others (albeit having a mod that grants XP for tournaments may skew this perception).

Yeah, the skill does level really slow unless you're losing men hand over fist. And basically no one plays like that because the game actively punishes you for it. Either make alternate methods of leveling the skill (fewer casualties per battle?) or adjust the rate for people who aren't RPing the Evil Overlord, sacrificing their men for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I'm not running slow errands fighting looters for 3 real life days straight ...
Troops I've spent real life days leveling and waiting with leveling of troops to make sure the numbre of the unit is perfect.

Hold up, what? You shouldn't be spending that long leveling troops. Like, that might be some other mod screwing with something because a batch of 20-30ish T1 to T5 takes around an hour and some change in real time and maybe a third or half-again as long if you're training a batch twice as big.

This mod would be a far better solution for you:
Does this for 1.5.5, is it clean? As in doesn't mess with other files so it can be removed when it becomes incompatible?
I have long running game that I want to change a perk choice (just 1).
I took the breeder perk to try it out (it's :poop:) and really think the herd one is required now that herd penalty is monstrous.

Does this for 1.5.5, is it clean? As in doesn't mess with other files so it can be removed when it becomes incompatible?
I have long running game that I want to change a perk choice (just 1).
I took the breeder perk to try it out (it's :poop:) and really think the herd one is required now that herd penalty is monstrous.
"Save game compatible ?
There should not have any impact on the savegame, except of course the fact that the stats are changed for the character. Also, it will probably be compatible with ALL GAME VERSIONS, unless one day the devs decide to completly change their API, which won't happen unless they are totaly drunk one day. If so, I'll update anyway :razz: Lastly tested on 1.5.4, works well on previous versions."

"Save game compatible ?
There should not have any impact on the savegame, except of course the fact that the stats are changed for the character. Also, it will probably be compatible with ALL GAME VERSIONS, unless one day the devs decide to completly change their API, which won't happen unless they are totaly drunk one day. If so, I'll update anyway :razz: Lastly tested on 1.5.4, works well on previous versions."
Thanks!

Yeah, the skill does level really slow unless you're losing men hand over fist. And basically no one plays like that because the game actively punishes you for it.

Exactly.

This is a perfect summary of the surgery problem. Why does the game punish you (in the form of not letting you level surgery/other skills) for being successful, working hard, or playing smart? It's madness.

Sadly, this is far from the only example of backwards logic in Bannerlord's game design. The economy, smithing, AI behaviors, armor functionality, multiplayer balance, and character skills/perks all suffer from backwards logic in one or more of their design elements.

and athletics
athletics isn't hard to level

Leadership is painfully slow too if you don't lead an army 24/7/365 and even then it doesn't shoot up at an amazing rate.

Yup, it takes forever especially if you play without joining anyone and thus not forming armies. Some steward perks improve Morale enough to reach the 75 morale threshold and start leveling leadership, but bloody hell, it is slow.

Lucky Steward is relatively easy to level (have 1 of each food source in the inventory and walk around)

Exactly.

This is a perfect summary of the surgery problem. Why does the game punish you (in the form of not letting you level surgery/other skills) for being successful, working hard, or playing smart? It's madness.

Sadly, this is far from the only example of backwards logic in Bannerlord's game design. The economy, smithing, AI behaviors, armor functionality, multiplayer balance, and character skills/perks all suffer from backwards logic in one or more of their design elements.

I'm currently playing 1.5.5 beta, so with a lot less mods I'm used too, and I can only concur with your saying. Such a tedious experience.

What's more, you get punished by participating in combat, as no matter how little FP and attribute you put in, you level just as fast from fighting enemies, knocking down you skill learning rate for sloooooow passive skills more and more.

I tried briefly on a new char to just NOT fight and use troops to try and raise skills in a high int char...... NOPE, it's just too inefficient to not be a full participant in fighting!

Back
Top Bottom