Surgeon and Medicine

Users who are viewing this thread

kcodaniel05

Recruit
Is it just me or it says every 10 points into medicine you get a .1% yes .1 not 1 increase to people surviving combat. so at 275 skill you get an extra 2.75% someone lives. In warband it was 4% per level and you could get 10 levels. Is there another mechanic that Im not seeing?

in fact, it's not really important since my 60 surgeon is now 64 after 6522 battles... It's 100% useless, and i'm sure my surgeon will never reach 275 skill, even 75 seems impossible...

Pretty much. There are some perks that help recover HP faster, but also not all that much. Unless those numbers mean something else that they mean (like % been not from actual healing rate but from some in game maximum).

in fact, it's not really important since my 60 surgeon is now 64 after 6522 battles... It's 100% useless, and i'm sure my surgeon will never reach 275 skill, even 75 seems impossible...

He needs focus points. And skill actually levels by having lot of men wounded in battle, not by actually healing them. If you don't suffer large casualties because you run around with t5 armies, your surgeon will not level too much.

mines around level 60 but Im just worried I wasted my time leveling and investing 9 int and all focus into healing. 2.75% is not worth it when I can grab a companion for the regular healing skill portion. Anyone else have input?

mines around level 60 but Im just worried I wasted my time leveling and investing 9 int and all focus into healing. 2.75% is not worth it when I can grab a companion for the regular healing skill portion. Anyone else have input?

It's not worth it. I tend to invest first few points in to things that make companion able to fight decently, only then I put points in to their special skills. Combat skills will also help them level faster as they do plenty of fighting.

That's the problem with every skill currently. The only ones worth taking are Athletics (major boost to running speed, gotta go fast), charm (gives a huge boost to persuasion chances, relations and quest rewards) and steward (greatly increases your party limit).
Every other skill is meh at best with around 2 to 5% per 100 skill levels and disabled perks. Leadership (gives a solid morale boost) would be good if you'd be forced to lead a horde of t1 recruits into a meat grinder, but this is most certainly not the case in the current patch. Otherwise morale has no effect on anything apart from a tiny speed bonus for campaign map.

That's the problem with every skill currently. The only ones worth taking are Athletics (major boost to running speed, gotta go fast), charm (gives a huge boost to persuasion chances, relations and quest rewards) and steward (greatly increases your party limit).
Every other skill is meh at best with around 2 to 5% per 100 skill levels and disabled perks. Leadership (gives a solid morale boost) would be good if you'd be forced to lead a horde of t1 recruits into a meat grinder, but this is most certainly not the case in the current patch. Otherwise morale has no effect on anything apart from a tiny speed bonus for campaign map.

Scouting is great skill and you need horse riding to mount better horses. Leadership have some very good perks. Tactic is good if you want to autoresolve a lot and also on companions that you let lead parties. Roguery is potentially also useful, if you wish to benefit from the loot better. Also few nice perks there. Forging if you're in to it is must as well. Engineering is good skill too, once you start besieging late game castles.

It's really medicine, that feels totlay meh... Unless there is some hidden thing that we are not told in the tooltips and infos.

Scouting is great skill and you need horse riding to mount better horses. Leadership have some very good perks. Tactic is good if you want to autoresolve a lot and also on companions that you let lead parties. Roguery is potentially also useful, if you wish to benefit from the loot better. Also few nice perks there.

It's really medicine, that feels totlay meh... Unless there is some hidden thing that we are not told in the tooltips and infos.

Perks do not work so they are out of the question. 60 riding is enough to ride a decent horse. Tactics gives you what, the same 2-3% advantage for hundreds of points? Not to mention autoresolve is terrible and would probably play out 10 times worse than an actual combat. In theory roguery is a solid choise (nobody knows how loot distribution works), but would you invest in the relevant stat with a scout companion and useless tactics skill?

Small hint:

Find a guy with few focus points in surgeon,may be lvl up him on the tournament or just with riding\athletic
Then make a party with him and just throw him fight some bandits.
Just watch how he grows medicine skill

But in fact only 2 first perks make a difference. Becosue +10 HP is really good.

Last edited:
will try, TY.
For some reason engineer\scout\surgeon in my party just never grow that skills

But as a separate party NPC grows tactic and surgeon like a madman

For example i have surgeon in my party. He was 120 now he is 122

And i have a guy who played as another party leader. He had 0 and now he has 98.

Leadership have some very good perks
Only one. That gives you infinite ammount of noble recruits for any faction.

Do you know how much "Raise the meek" give you XP? 30 per day. And you need 300 to upgrade t1 to t2. So with it you can upgrade 1 t1 unit every 10 days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom