[Support] Game performs extremely poorly when saving & loading in single player after hours of gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been playing a single player campaign recently completely vanilla and after about 30 hours of gameplay on the save it takes about 2 minutes to load, moreover when i save the game freezes for way longer than it used to at the beginning of the save. Currently it is installed on a samsung m.2 drive and i have a fairly good computer rtx3070/r5 3600 and had until this point been able to play the game flawlessly at high settings at 2k. significantly saving and loading used to take only a second now it takes around a minute. I have been able to play other games fine and new saves so im out of ideas. im not sure why but im assuming it has to do with repeated saving/loading of a single game but it is very frustrating. Does anyone know of a workaround or a fix for this or do i just have to start again?

I've definitely noticed issues with performance after a certain amount of save games. My best advice so far has been to clear out the old ones as that for whatever reasons seems to do the trick.

But in general, save games and the system for saving them seems a bit wonky.

Thanks, it seems to have fixed itself randomly. I deleted all my old saves and made a new one, then i played for abit and it was still performing poorly, started a new game saved then went back and it worked. Weird issue but seems to have been resolved, have also noticed that the game kinda gets slower the more you save/load.

Back
Top Bottom