SP - General Super Simple Arena Fight Improvement: Entry Sound

Users who are viewing this thread

This is an incredibly small and simple thing, so I'll get right to the point: Add a positional sound effect when a new combatant spawns in the arena practice fight.

Easily one of the most annoying things about this game is the practice fights in the arena, due to the simple fact that new fighters will spawn right behind you and you have no way of knowing until they are smashing you in the back of the skull. They often don't even make footstep sounds, in my experience. At least not that I can hear.

So yeah, I think that simply adding a noise, like a door slamming or something, that emanates from their spawn location, so you can hear where they are spawning, would go a very long way in making the arena fights more enjoyable. One of the most frustrating things in this game is being hit from behind out of nowhere because someone magically appeared 10 feet behind you without a sound.

(To make it easier to show support for this idea, I'm making it a poll)

Add a positional sound effect when a new combatant spawns in the arena practice fight.
They often don't even make footstep sounds, in my experience. At least not that I can hear.
Hmm, maybe we will get something to solve that.
Hey there finest community of all, this is Ugurcan.

Since I first started in this company ten years ago, having more hollywood-ish ambients is one of my higher desires. But due to the reasons you've discussed above (you are mostly right :smile:, we couldn't achieved this so far.

But that's changing!

Actually, a feature branch that includes a system that I could build better soundscapes upon, as we named Battle Ambient Sound System BASS (as in fish), went to performance tests exactly this morning, after months of hard work! I'm expecting it to be give us much more flexibility there.

There will be more work on performance side, so no promises if it could ever see the sunlight, or when. But I'm hopeful :smile:

On a side note, I'm not an one-man-army anymore! @Dorn has joined me on the audio department few months ago, and I'm looking forward to hear his additions to the game! :smile:
And yeah a spawn sound to give a clue about the npc position would be nice, nothing too intrusive tho.
Some examples:

Back
Top Bottom