Added to Calendar: 13/09/20, 20/09/20

Users who are viewing this thread

Event 3 Debrief - 7/12/2020
20200712214208_1.jpg

(Photo credit to @RubbingMyAxe )
Overall this was a really awesome event! As stated above, we had 4 full games with no server crashes or performance issues. I think it can be confidently stated now that cavalry is NOT an issue that causes server crashes.

However, there are some issues with the map shown in the screenshot. Attackers were somehow able to glitch into the castle and sneak capture G and F (must likely underwater glitch) and this needs to be fixed. @azakhi - do you know if there will be any fixes to siege maps like this one in the next patch?

Secondly, a special shoutout to everyone in the community who is coming to this event!! Keeping this and similar events going is what's going to keep multiplayer alive over early access. Thank you all for the kind words! :smile:
This event is the only thing worth logging on for atm.
Once again, this community is saving the game. Good initiative
Was my first siege. 10/10 would do again even though it tanks my fps. Siege is literally epic. Worth buying early access for. Thank you, Legion.

AS ALWAYS - SEE YOU ALL NEXT SUNDAY AT 9 PM EST!
LETS BLADE IT UP!

Another good event tonight guys -a little shaky with the two opening server crashes, but we stuck it out and were able to play two full matches.
Nice work everyone.

True. Atm you can just lob pots/rocks/arrows into huge clusters and get kills. Final G flag fights would be pretty insane with team damage also.

And yeah lol you got revenge in the end.

6fLgHow.png

UPDATE
EVENT WILL NOW BE HELD ON NA CUSTOM SIEGE SERVER!
6fLgHow.png

- With the release of the NA custom server for siege, we will be moving there for our event
- This will allow players to pick their own teams so clans can stay together
- Also, players will be able to easily rejoin the server should they crash

We will try this for a few weeks. Should this not be ideal (like if the server fills too quickly) we will switch back to using matchmaking.

6fLgHow.png

UPDATE
EVENT WILL NOW BE HELD ON NA CUSTOM SIEGE SERVER!
6fLgHow.png

- With the release of the NA custom server for siege, we will be moving there for our event
- This will allow players to pick their own teams so clans can stay together
- Also, players will be able to easily rejoin the server should they crash

We will try this for a few weeks. Should this not be ideal (like if the server fills too quickly) we will switch back to using matchmaking.

Just for your information, if a server gets close to full, another one opens. So in case you can't get all clans in the same server, you can all leave and go to the new one.

Hey thats pretty cool. Im glad we finally got the custom servers for siege. Hopefully they will help us find out whats causing many of the crashes in a more controlled environment.

Just for your information, if a server gets close to full, another one opens. So in case you can't get all clans in the same server, you can all leave and go to the new one.
Really cool thanks for the info, with this in mind we'll probably be sticking to the custom servers then

Since we can pick our teams on the new server, will there be any kind of organized team building/swapping players+clans between teams to make specific match ups or just join, pick any team and roll with it?

Since we can pick our teams on the new server, will there be any kind of organized team building/swapping players+clans between teams to make specific match ups or just join, pick any team and roll with it?
I know my clan will be choosing our own team, and I'm sure any other clans attending will make sure all their players are all on the same team. Because it is not an official "passworded" server event I can't really control balance. If clans end up stacking one team because of circumstance there's not much I can do about that.

Ofc I can ask clans to balance mid-event but there's not much I can do beforehand without a passworded server. This is also an event open to the public so there's that variable as well.

Should TW let me have access to a private passworded server I can maybe try to host something along the lines of an organized clan event where we would do team balancing beforehand, but this isn't meant to be that.

Back
Top Bottom