Summary of the news in the TC Modders Open Letter thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we know at least what is going to bring the 1.6.0. Update? Modders, playerbase and clanes would appreciate so much if they could know what is, for sure, coming to the game.

Also, thanks for replying to this thread this late of the day. Any act of communication from developers is a relief, even if it is about a subject so controversial.
I've heard from my sources deep within the taleworlds basements that 1.6.0 is bringing a whole host of disappointments as usual

I've heard from my sources deep within the taleworlds basements that 1.6.0 is bringing a whole host of disappointments as usual

Bannerlord native is dead either way imo. But tbh, if that next update doesn't bring considerable changes to modability, I will pretty much stop caring about Sword&Musket as well. Which won't be that much of a change anyways, having been on internal note of absence for months because we can't integrate anything anyways. But well, we'll see what the update will be.

It is really hard to get behind anything TW says at this point. They may respond, as they did, but it is always, we are looking into it, we will form a meeting, more information in the future. Problem is, they have spent the last year destroying trust and credibility of the heavy user base.

And maybe I am wrong, maybe, just maybe, TW is working behind the scenes making changes for the better but I am not holding my breath or wasting my time reinstalling the game or the new updates. The game is finished and TW thinks they better off with a different crowd, so we should just shut up.

Separate note, just for clarification, Callum got promoted or something so he just rubs elbows with the YouTube, Twitch, and whoever else you guys value over the forums? I think a response could help, even though most I think have given up hoping to hear from him, so we don't keep calling out.

It is really hard to get behind anything TW says at this point. They may respond, as they did, but it is always, we are looking into it, we will form a meeting, more information in the future. Problem is, they have spent the last year destroying trust and credibility of the heavy user base.

And maybe I am wrong, maybe, just maybe, TW is working behind the scenes making changes for the better but I am not holding my breath or wasting my time reinstalling the game or the new updates. The game is finished and TW thinks they better off with a different crowd, so we should just shut up.

Separate note, just for clarification, Callum got promoted or something so he just rubs elbows with the YouTube, Twitch, and whoever else you guys value over the forums? I think a response could help, even though most I think have given up hoping to hear from him, so we don't keep calling out.
It's always just words, little snip bits to try and manipulate people into believing they're listening to us, have they throughout the development of Bannerlord made any major changes based on community outcry? I really don't think so.

@bonerstorm While I appreciate you trying to spread awareness of the internal keyword and Taleworlds' communication issues, I've put in alot of effort to try and keep the conversation highly professional and respectful to avoid modders from looking entitled/vindictive. As you can see in your reddit thread, making (arguably) inflammatory posts really doesn't do much besides make modders look like entitled crybabies to the average reddit user.

While there's still alot of work to be done, trying to incite a witch hunt won't really help anything get better.

That being said @Duh_TaleWorlds , it did take almost 2 months to get an answer to a simple question about why the internal keyword was being used, so while this post could definitely have been phrased differently it definitely embodies a significant amount of frustration modders have been feeling over the last few months (I'm seeing many modders in my project and in the greater modding community lose their passion and motivation to work with this game).

I'm looking forward to combing through 1.6 this week, and I sincerely hope there's been some substantive changes that reflect that our feedback is being heard so we can have something positive to say for once.

@bonerstorm While I appreciate you trying to spread awareness of the internal keyword and Taleworlds' communication issues, I've put in alot of effort to try and keep the conversation highly professional and respectful to avoid modders from looking entitled/vindictive. As you can see in your reddit thread, making (arguably) inflammatory posts really doesn't do much besides make modders look like entitled crybabies to the average reddit user.

While there's still alot of work to be done, trying to incite a witch hunt won't really help anything get better.

That being said @Duh_TaleWorlds , it did take almost 2 months to get an answer to a simple question about why the internal keyword was being used, so while this post could definitely have been phrased differently it definitely embodies a significant amount of frustration modders have been feeling over the last few months (I'm seeing many modders in my project and in the greater modding community lose their passion and motivation to work with this game).

I'm looking forward to combing through 1.6 this week, and I sincerely hope there's been some substantive changes that reflect that our feedback is being heard so we can have something positive to say for once.
Well I'll put in an Update #4 to note that you specifically did not support me putting this conversation on blast, if that works?

Although, with respect, I'm not going to stop talking about this or stuff like it.

I understand your desire to keep the conversation respectful, but the fact is that the broader community deserves to know what's going on. I've made it clear in my commentary that you aren't threatening to ragequit or anything, just that you've "vented frustration" - which I believe is a fair characterization.

I try to avoid spreading toxicity, but that's the inevitable result of conversations like these - and tried to make clear that brigading is not the answer.

At the end of the day, this conversation isn't benefitting from keeping anyone in the dark about it. Obviously, I have my own opinion, but I believe it's better to provide links to key points so people can look at the facts and judge for themselves. It's better than the status quo: where people are just raging one way or the other based on rumor.

Edit:
It's always just words, little snip bits to try and manipulate people into believing they're listening to us, have they throughout the development of Bannerlord made any major changes based on community outcry? I really don't think so.
The snowballing thing counts, neh? To be fair, I don't ever remember that being a HUGE deal in the forums but at least some people were complaining about it.

My complaints early last year were: Personality traits bugged/unimplemented, Town starvation, respawning Lord doomstacks, leveling system is janked and clan/inheritance mechanics are basic.

They fixed the bug in personalities but not visibly touched them any further. Towns still starve but not as much as before. Lords still respawn like crazy. Leveling system is still almost the same level of janked. Clan/inheritance is slightly more developed but still basic.

Last edited:

+1

I feel 1.6 really makes or breaks TW

Nice post, some things could have been phrased differently but I think it accurately comes from and represents the growing frustration of the community

Keeeeeeeeep telling yourself that. As it will be with 1.7, 1.8, 1.9....etc.
With how the updates have been going I expect 1.8.8 to read: fixed nosehair issue. Look forward to next update as we fix beard hair! (5 months later comes the 1.8.9 beard update)

I find reddit and steam "communities" to be pathetic and not worth the time, but this thread is great for how it is detailing things so nicely only for TW to rush someone in to defend themselves after months of letting it fester. If they would just communicate with the community rather than ignore it to the point these threads appear we would have a lot less problems.

This is reminding me of the little Dutch Dyke Boy who ignores the burst in the dyke until it spews water, then the boy (TW) slams their thumb in, ignores the overall problem and as little holes keep bursting he keeps jabbing fingers into holes rather than just admit we have a problem.

Communication is a wondrous thing, if used properly. So far the community has been clear, TW has not.

This is reminding me of the little Dutch Dyke Boy who ignores the burst in the dyke until it spews water, then the boy (TW) slams their thumb in, ignores the overall problem and as little holes keep bursting he keeps jabbing fingers into holes rather than just admit we have a problem.

Communication is a wondrous thing, if used properly. So far the community has been clear, TW has not.

Interesting, because that story was written by an american who had never even set foot on Dutch soil.
Also interesting is that by jabbing his finger into the hole he saved the dyke. There were no little holes that kept bursting.
Even more interesting, this story isn't cultural folklore. Percentage wise, more americans know of this story then the dutch.

I've broached the topic of communication many times on these forums, and while I have always been fairly critical, I have noticed an increase in TW-sided engagement in these last weeks. So has it been good? No. Better? Yes. There's a noticable incline; lets value that and advocate for further growth.

Interesting, because that story was written by an american who had never even set foot on Dutch soil.
Also interesting is that by jabbing his finger into the hole he saved the dyke. There were no little holes that kept bursting.
Even more interesting, this story isn't cultural folklore. Percentage wise, more americans know of this story then the dutch.

I've broached the topic of communication many times on these forums, and while I have always been fairly critical, I have noticed an increase in TW-sided engagement in these last weeks. So has it been good? No. Better? Yes. There's a noticable incline; lets value that and advocate for further growth.
I find it amusing your trying to poke fun at something and someone who is showing an example of a problem while you also just REFUSE to consider the message it conveys. This is pure trolling on your part. As such I put you on "ignore." If you havent the time to consider the message a story conveys dont bother trying to sound smart by picking at it.

As my story conveys: TW waits until the dyke is bursting to make progress, this is not good and as others have said they need to communicate more rather than wait till the bitter end which helps no one and only fosters resentment.

I find it amusing your trying to poke fun at something and someone who is showing an example of a problem while you also just REFUSE to consider the message it conveys. This is pure trolling on your part. As such I put you on "ignore." If you havent the time to consider the message a story conveys dont bother trying to sound smart by picking at it.

As my story conveys: TW waits until the dyke is bursting to make progress, this is not good and as others have said they need to communicate more rather than wait till the bitter end which helps no one and only fosters resentment.

Interesting! Which part of your post have I missed? Curious as to what I've said thats triggered such a strong reaction.

I find reddit and steam "communities" to be pathetic and not worth the time, but this thread is great for how it is detailing things so nicely only for TW to rush someone in to defend themselves after months of letting it fester. If they would just communicate with the community rather than ignore it to the point these threads appear we would have a lot less problems.

Was it the claim that Reddit and Steam communites are pathetic and not worth the time? Or that someone rushes in to defend TW?
Or that communication is a wondrous thing?

Because that first part, about pathetic communities does not really seem to hold any message, so I'll gloss over that.
The part where someone rushes in to TW's defence doesn't really hold any footing.

However, I did respond to your claim that TW waits until the dykes burst. I responded, and said that I have noticed an increase in TW's engagement. Now, that is not an end-all argument, as a matter of fact, me taking a carefull counterpoint would open a discussion.

What amuses me though:

Communication is a wondrous thing
As such I put you on "ignore."

You dont want another opinion, you want yours validated. And if you dont get that validation, you throw in the towel. Immediatly.
So I'm sorry I couldnt validate your opinion. Now, cheer up champ, wipe that tear from your cheek and try again in a different thread.

There has certainly been an increase in communication from TW here on the forums. The problem is: their tendency to be extraordinarily vague when speaking of the future of the game risks causing even more problems via mis-communications. So while the increase is a good thing (and hopefully it's sustained), they also need to start including more concrete information in their communications, and fewer vague generalities.

I keep beating on this drum, but saying "removed some and added some [internal modifiers]" does NOT give the same impression as "removed >100 and added half a dozen [internal modifiers]".

You guys are fighting the good fight here but really it all boils down to one very simple concept - they sold us out for consoles. Dead stop. Sure they’ll throw a few bones at us even hold a couple “meetings” -

“hey should we focus on this in-depth kingdom management features the Pc geeks crave or... up the frame rate by dropping a few features for consoles..”
Zoom soy lattes raise in unison for the latter

You guys are fighting the good fight here but really it all boils down to one very simple concept - they sold us out for consoles. Dead stop. Sure they’ll throw a few bones at us even hold a couple “meetings” -

“hey should we focus on this in-depth kingdom management features the Pc geeks crave or... up the frame rate by dropping a few features for consoles..”
Zoom soy lattes raise in unison for the latter
Understand the feeling but am REALLY hoping you are wrong in the long run.

Thank you for taking the time to update this...however, might I suggest you block out the older updates via spoiler buttons? That way, people don't have to scroll endlessly, they can just expand and read.

Back to reading. lol

Back
Top Bottom