Suicide

Users who are viewing this thread

Suicide is a very horrible thing. But it interests the humans. I'll try to explain my thoughts here.

First, we have to think of naturality of suicide. Only humans do it. Humans can feel more than animals, though..or can they?

Can humans feel more than, say, a tiger? Is a human's grief worse than a tiger's if it's son dies? This is a quite interesting question, since if their grief is equal, human has no more right to suicide than a tiger. And do you know a tiger who has ever committed suicide?

Human is a mad, mad being. Cruel, stupid, ignorant and mad. This is the reason for suicides even existing. And i guess we have to deal with it. Some people just cannot take it.

Now, another question: can we blame the humans themselves for suiciding?

Well, let's first compare to animals again, and the first question becomes relevant again: Do humans feel more than animals? We cannot know. And this is why we cannot know who to blame for suicide. My honest guess is that we can blame two things: human nature and the suicide victim's situation.

But to me it doesn't feel right to judge suicided people. We cannot know how they felt, since every situation like that is unique. If you have almost committed suicide, then you know one feeling of the scale of thousands. But at least that person can understand them a bit better than the people, who have not even thought of it.

My final opinion is that suicide is bad. I don't think badly of the people who committed suicide or have tried to, because they are mostly broken people. I've heard of people who attempt a fake suicide for attention; but then again, what provoked such a cry for attention? I don't think the person has to take all the fault. When we talk of extreme things like suicides we have to acknowledge that it is the sum of many things: in worst cases dozens of different circumstances which only make your burden worse. And finally you fall under the burden, and you become broken. The person's brain greatens the effect of the circumstances, probably has something to do with misery and distress, which actually can triple the self-pity you're facing.

I would personally never commit suicide, but I take it as a very interesting topic to discuss about.

What do you think? Do you approve? Does it solve anything? Would you ever do it?

The main thing is the stupidity of saying that people who take their lives are 'committing' anything.
It should be up to that persons own sense of self to determine how long they wish to live.
I myself have set a date not long after my thirtieth birthday

Obviously I think people shouldn't suicide (as in, it'd be better if they weren't in the situation that'd present suicide as an alternative). Ignoring suicide as cultural/honour measures (as in a person avoiding a fate worse than death/preserving his honour), I - again - don't approve of suicide since it doesn't solve anything. But are the people who kill themselves guilty for taking their own lives? I don't think so: suicide goes against every single instinct you have of preserving your life, for the suicide to happen the urge of doing the deed must be superior to even those most primitive instincts. And for it to be so intense something must be wrong. Very wrong. We shouldn't blame the suicidal man in the same way we should blame a mugger who kills his victim. The former is a sick person, a person who needs help - and whose lack of treatment will result in them taking their own lives.
So... no, we shouldn't condemn people who kill themselves due to extreme emotional (or due to neurological imbalances) pain. They need medical and psychological support to overcome their sickness, and that's what they should get.

If they want to kill themselves, let them :???:
It's their choice and as long as they don't jump in front of trains or otherwise inconvenience a larger group of other people, I don't see the problem.

Deserath said:
Suicide is the biggest ****ing Cop-out ever.
Oh **** you.
I am the repulsed at the idea of growing old, not only the vanity but for economic reasons as well.
As for practical reasons, well my family has a history with Alzheimer's, and there is no way I will put anyone I love through seeing me like that.

Wellenbrecher said:
It's their choice and as long as they don't jump in front of trains or otherwise inconvenience a larger group of other people, I don't see the problem.
Problem being that any sort of suicide affects folks that are in any way related to the act, location or person, even if they did not observe it. Folks who have been exposed (simply by knowing the person, i.e. close family member / company collegeau / someone they know) to  suicide, they themselves become more likely to commit suicide.

I agree; suicide is very bad. But what can we do? It occurs, and it cannot be stopped.

Suicidal people should be helped. Although they want to end their lives, it is because they think they have nothing to live for. If they are convinced there is something they can live for, then do it. But I do also agree; watching a suicidal person suffer because he cannot end his suffering is painful. But it must be endured, and him too. Still, I'm not very sure does the human have the right to decide his/her death when he/she is in such a broken state.

I support everyone committing suicide for the betterment of the planet.

Kobrag said:
Gilgameshismyhomey said:
You'd rather put them through watching you off yourself?
Trust me, when you have to watch a loved one live through and succumb to dementia, you will want to spare them from seeing you going down the same road.

Assisted Suicide through terminal illness and such is a different story though. My friend's Grandmother went through the same thing and recently passed away, the way she degenerated was awful and for years her Husband spent his entire day and night taking care of what used to be his Wife.

But someone who's just going through a "rough" time, no.

Wellenbrecher said:

It's not much of a rational choice though.

Although I do agree they should atleast have the goddamn courtesy of not choosing suicide-by-train. Or by cop for that matter.

Suicde is awfull.

I for one would never commit suicide, If i did contemplate suicide, i would see a psycaratrist, thats what they are there for.

TMAN78 said:
Suicde is awfull.

I for one would never commit suicide, If i did contemplate suicide, i would see a psycaratrist, thats what they are there for.
Wrong, they are there to purely take your money and waste your time with bull****, to drum up the costs of their sessions.

Shut up Kobrag.

You're prone to putting groups of people in the same basket because of your experience, and that's pretty stupid. I know of some very competent, honest and even (GASP) generous psychiatrists. One of which actually did help me through my own little bump.

Suicide should be up to the individual involved. There just should be a law where all suicides must be recorded in video format so that others can enjoy watching him/her die. Imagine the wealth of entertainment potentially generated from the implementation of this law.

Back
Top Bottom