Sui Generis

Users who are viewing this thread

eobet

Recruit
I'm talking about inverse kinetics.

The trailer may be shoddy as hell, but just look at how the sword makes contact with bodies and other swords (a few minutes in):

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473965863/sui-generis?ref=category

Moderator note:
Thread Title changed from "Finally a game that has what Mount & Blade should have had from the beginning!" to "Sui Generis"

*cough* psst.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,37.0.html

I was a bit sketpic before I saw the combat animations which by themselves looked pretty cool. But if it's all based on muscles and stuff, the running and walking animations look pretty bad.
The engine looks sweet. Hope it gets funding.

This looks really cool. Too bad I have no money for the kickstarter.

It looks like just a dungeon crawler, so these advanced physics aren't going to be used as effectively as they would in a M&B style FP game.

Right, I dunno how you fix this sort of thing, but the characters stand out from the ground too much, and the characters are very clearly meant to be stepping/running around, but any movement that is achieved looks as though its through the character's sliding around on the ground while animated.

06:38 Is that man a robot trying to mimic human behaviour? Look at his expressionless face and dead empty eyes. What is he doing with his hands?

Anyroad, looks kinda neat I suppose. Though I can't say I much care about the thunderbolt sound thing being as realistic as possible, or plenty of other small details that are being made as accurate as possible. Still, if they pay as much attention to the actual content and such, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
It looks like just a dungeon crawler, so these advanced physics aren't going to be used as effectively as they would in a M&B style FP game.

From the amount of time they spent showing off outdoor environments, I think that it will not be primarily a dungeon crawler.

Death will not be hard to come by and carries consequences, and there is no saving and loading.

So it's basically perma death or some sort of checkpoints?

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
It looks like just a dungeon crawler

Sui Generis is not about running around killing hordes of enemies in order to collect experience points and numerous items. It is about exploring a world and being involved in major events there. What exactly you do and how you do it is entirely up to you.

Radalan said:
Death will not be hard to come by and carries consequences, and there is no saving and loading.

So it's basically perma death or some sort of checkpoints?

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
It looks like just a dungeon crawler

Sui Generis is not about running around killing hordes of enemies in order to collect experience points and numerous items. It is about exploring a world and being involved in major events there. What exactly you do and how you do it is entirely up to you.

A dungeon crawler without dungeons.

I'm not getting combat. Looks like they're doing the same attack and dodge sequences over and over again in super tedious fights. What's interesting about that?

Back
Top Bottom