Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Mitsuhide said:
Nice ideas Neptune, the best part being that as far as my knowledge goes most of it is possible. And with the new module system taking it's time who knows what new features could be supported in mods.

Mitsuhide.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear my suggestions shouldn't cause to much of a headache :smile:.  I feel they're just little things to give it that extra touch of realism.

And now, more suggestions:

1.  Lords of defeated kingdoms should appear in castles/taverns seeking employment as they look for other kingdoms to make them offers.  If your renown and honor are high enough, perhaps they would consider joining your cause?  Maybe even give them a fief or two?  Not sure how it would be/if that's possible to code.
1a.  Better dialog options for lords you have imprisoned.  I want to have a conversation with them that can effect my relationship with them.  I want to insult them and threaten them if they are rude and watch the relationship drop.  I want to praise and be nice to them if they behave and watch the relationship go up.  I want them to ask for favors and my honor and renown go up or down depending on how I answer, such as "Would you send a letter to my wife?" and a yes gains you honor and a no earns you their ill will.  Things like that, so you can enjoy having prisoners you can torment or set free and be friends with.

2.  Caravans that spawn from player towns and are part of the players faction.  That way you can generate income from trade, and if you have good relations with bandits they'll leave you alone.  The richer the town, the larger the caravan it spawns. 
2a.  Maybe even a dialog option so the caravan follows you, or commission a caravan from the guild master so you can resupply yourself during the long (100 day) town sieges without having to break off for foraging.

3.  Recruit troops from the guild master, the same way you can from the village elder.  Except these troops should come in greater quantities and be of better quality then what you get from the villages.

4.  This may not be possible, but how about the lords surrender when they're outnumbered?  When they attack you, they offer you the chance to surrender.  If your renown and honor are high, and your army is large enough, they should surrender rather then fighting.  Really, what fun is it to fight 150 v 30?  No one goes to battle with those odds and expects to win.  They should hand over their goods and money, then disperse and go home.  If you routinely release lords after capturing them, they should be more willing to surrender, hence the honor and possibly renown requirement.

Neptune said:
After playing v 1.003 for a while now (no sleep for me last night) I must say I'm rather disappointed.  It still has an 'unfinished' feel to it, like the fact you have more upgrade options for some run down village, but the same two options for your castles and towns.  And the poor dialog interacting with the tavern keeper.  To that end, I have several suggestions to put more polish on this 'finished' game:

1.  Make it so you are able to store your heros in the castle.  I loved that in .960, if Borcha can't get along, send him to a castle to cool off.  They should be in the lords hall when you visit, so you can talk to them.
1a.  Heros stored in the castle/town should act like lords, raising troops for the castle/town defense (from the taxes of the castle and associated villages).  Maybe it's even possible to assign them oversight of castles/towns, so they are in fact 'lords'.
1b.  Give the hero's the ability to range around the map on their own.  If they can raise their own troops, and they can follow orders, you can have several war bands follow you around, and finally be able to amass enough troops to deal with the large war parties that roam around.

Quoted for Emphasis 

These are good ideas in my opinion and are generally in line with my intentions.  I may not be able to do these directly as posed but this is good food for thought, thanks for the submissiions.

Back
Top Bottom