Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

mavericks said:
- Sell them for good Money (1600 $). But Kings should be worth more money imho.
Sometimes is far more useful to keep them prisoners, so they can't go around with an army to exact revenge on you :wink:
(by the way, 1600 gold is not that big deal when you have made decent progress in the game)

Ashes42 said:
Well I plan on making your aids/skills give you certain capabilities, for example, your training skill (or your aids) will determine whether or not your men can gain xp to be upgraded between troop types.  I guess I could make it optional.
Some "special ability" would be nice...

Ashes42 said:
What don't you like about it, I would appreciate the feedback.  Is it that too get them to come into combat you have to bounce them in and out of aid status?  Or do you feel it's a waste of good NPCs?  Or do you just want every troop on the field?
Sorry for being over brief.
Well, fact is it becomes a pain to level NPCs when they don't fight (at least, with xp awarding as it is in native).
And now that you make me think about it... I had a strange bug when changing the NPCs status (from "aid" to "accompany in battle"): their party skills dropped to zero and they never got them back again.

Maan said:
Ashes42 said:
Well I plan on making your aids/skills give you certain capabilities, for example, your training skill (or your aids) will determine whether or not your men can gain xp to be upgraded between troop types.  I guess I could make it optional.
Some "special ability" would be nice...

Ashes42 said:
What don't you like about it, I would appreciate the feedback.  Is it that too get them to come into combat you have to bounce them in and out of aid status?  Or do you feel it's a waste of good NPCs?  Or do you just want every troop on the field?
Sorry for being over brief.
Well, fact is it becomes a pain to level NPCs when they don't fight (at least, with xp awarding as it is in native).
And now that you make me think about it... I had a strange bug when changing the NPCs status (from "aid" to "accompany in battle"): their party skills dropped to zero and they never got them back again.

The special abilities will be coming, but that might be a little while, in any case it's planned.
I also am going to change xp awarding, to something less kill heavy and more battle heavy.  Probobaly something like a standard RPG, after the battle the xp gets split up between your party, even if they just healed for it ; ).

As for the bug, I haven't figured out the cause of that one, but that will be a solved issue in the near future (*crosses fingers*)

If I made all those changes would you still think it should be optional?

Ashes42 said:
If I made all those changes would you still think it should be optional?
If it's not very complicated, I suggest you make it optional. See, every player has his (her) preferences and may like everything in a mod but for a single feature. I guess that's why most of the major mods allow a few options about which features to enable/disalbe. The option to customize a game to better match your tastes is always a big advantage, in my opinion. :wink:

I'm not sure if someone has brought it up in the past, but is it possible to make in the future, that the player is able to take over the faction as in replacing the faction king. So you wouldn't actually capture cities and castles as a player faction, but through negotiation and high enough liking you could convince the other lords to support you instead of the actual king.

Say you wanted to be the king of Swadia, without actually capturing any of their cities. You would befriend 4 or 5 lords, preferable lords of cities. You would need a high renown and a substantial army of your own, and a very high like rating on the lords. You would ask them to renounce the king and support you, and then based on how many of them followed you and how many stayed loyal to the king there would be a sorts of civil war until either you or the king were captured or defeated.

And if you defeat the king, you would take his place. So the kingdom would still be Swadia, but you were just the one in charge of everything, the one who gets the tribute from all the other lords, and you would get the title of king. Capture more cities, and you could get the title of Emperor.

Ashes, do you think something like this is possible to code?

You're going to try and put in Civil Wars in the next patch?! Thank you thank you thank you thank you

There's no guaruntees, nor is there a date set.  Right now I'd say its about a quarter of the way done, but I could be way off.  I should have a bunch of time over the next few weeks, so hopefully it'll move along quickly.  I've gotta figure out a few things, I have to code and make the specifics for all the ai still(just the specifics, I have the jists of where I'm going in the code.)  There's still a lot to do, but progress is being made ; ).

I don't want to be demanding, but could you put asterisk next to the features you are hoping to include for next version? I'm intending to use Bandit King as a base so I don't want to try and accomplish too many things that are already being done.

I'll tell you right now, I'm doing recruitable captains, including their AI (NPC faction and player faction.)  I'm also doing a number of features that all go along with, and tie into this change (which is a huge one.) To facilitate it, this includes balancing finance (some item stuff) and adding to aids and messengers some.  Other than that, anything else is postponed until the following release.

Are the captains just veteran soldiers or are they lords? There is the potential for the captains to be knights that you grant land in return for service so I am curious whether you are going to explore that in the next version? If not, are we able to assign npcs as captains (i.e. does it work by separating with the NPC, giving them troops and then orders through dialog)?

Captains are lords are NPCs, you can give them land they have personalities, etc.  Indeed how you described is how I intend it.  You'll see how it is when it gets released ; )

I hear Expanded Gameplay II has the occassional mercenary or (ex-) soldier in town, to give a little challenge to would-be raiders. Could we implement that in this mod? I used to solo towns for experience during the teen levels, and the ease of doing so seemed a bit odd to me.
Furthermore, might I request higher AI siege aggressiveness? I can sneak towards a city while its resident lord is out and capture it. Then, when its lord returns with an army far outnumbering mine, it just leaves me be. This problem also occurs with normal CPU vs. CPU wars. If an enemy castle is unoccupied, and could be recaptured in a matter of moments; they do not take the initiative.
PS: Castles do not repopulate themselves of their own volition, ever (at least in my game). Could this be remedied?
PPS: I am playing .g1 (or whatever), not .g2 - so some of these AI issues might not be relevant. Probably still are, though; since .g2 is only bug fixes [and I haven't found any bugs].

PS: Castles do not repopulate themselves of their own volition, ever (at least in my game). Could this be remedied?

there is a mod/script which does an automatic repopulation of the castles from the near villages.
did a search in the forum to link it, but can't find it.

They do repopulate, but the owning lord has to do it, they don't just populate themselves.

The occasional mercenary in towns? what does that mean?  Are you talking about villages?  Or actual towns, which already have trained troops?

Ashes42 said:
The occasional mercenary in towns? what does that mean?  Are you talking about villages?  Or actual towns, which already have trained troops?

The parties that come out to defend villages you raid contain about five mercenaries in addition to the bunch of farmers.

Ahh, well I suppose that is a solution.  The current plan though, is to make it harder to raid villages not by making more villagers or giving them muscle, but by making the owners come and drive you away.

Back
Top Bottom