Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Enforce minimum armor for everybody and make the basic garments not require any upkeep whatsoever. Ideally have all minimum armor vary depending on the faction for more flavour. Having half the playerbase run around naked utterly ruins the immersion and the feel of the mod.

Too many people wear Scottish garments in all kinds of armies. I think that should change somehow. I honestly think the mod would have done much better if it had selectable classes as it does already - and only national items available within those classes. As it stands right now no culture is restricted to really anything, and you might as well see a team of the Ottomans in full plate. That's wrong.

Shield bash needs toning down slightly methinks, and having spears have two stabbing directions (very much needed by the way) on top of sideways swinging (not sure if needed) may make the spears a lot more cost effective than many other weapons.

Remove ruins and other vanilla maps. I am baffled by people who would have that ****ty abomination over the many gorgeous and creative maps of BoE. Scrap those completely, people who want it should play vanilla.

I guess I don't need to tell you that more items and new music are much needed. I hope to see those in the future, but with that said, I have never seen a mod utilize existing OSP packs in such a smart and appropriate way.

I am in fact enthralled by the mod so far, I absolutely love it - I would just love to see it expand and improve even further. :smile:

YourStepDad said:
Enforce minimum armor for everybody and make the basic garments not require any upkeep whatsoever. Ideally have all minimum armor vary depending on the faction for more flavour. Having half the playerbase run around naked utterly ruins the immersion and the feel of the mod.

We've lowered armour cost and upkeep, specially for low armours/cloths. The naked fashion should disappear hopefully.

We're also working on a reward system for winning which will increase gold income for everyone, making armour more affordable.

- Night maps are impossible to see almost at all for some people

- The sprint button is very easy to misuse, because after you sprint you can hold an attack which makes it stupid easy to sneak up behind people and promotes ****ty combat. 

- sprint also gets ridiculously fast and OP when someone has 18 agility.  because there are no strength requirements for weapons and no one wears armor anyway because of high upkeep,  there is      almost no point of going any other build

- I'm saddened by the fact that you have heirloom points and retiring characters.  I wanted to get away from cRPG by playing this game, not jump into a clone.  It would be interesting by rewarding characters with special novelty items / titles instead

Could be a good idea to add Papa larazou animation.

or even give to most of the weapon two set of animation (with the x button) one with papa larazou anim, the other one with secondary mode, or secondary animation (wich change the way the weapon hit).

I don't know if I'm clear...

Little suggestion : i know it's summer and people are on holiday but you need to promote the mod to get some player base , then you can do whatever you want with it but first get your loyal players that constantly play it.

ah another suggestion that maybe is already told : bleeding is such annoying as it is , you start to bleed for every single hit , or 80% hits you receive and it's so frustrating to know that you are going to die and you have to rush the enemy just because of this. (i know you want to be the mod realistic but it ruins the fun)

I have this little list for now, which I shall update if I find more things that could require to be looked into.

• Remove the mechanic that damages a horse when bumping people. It serves no purpose at all to have a horse drop dead after running over 10 people. As a balancing mechanic it's painfully annoying and punishing for any cav player not being a horse archer. This is a very big issue for every horse that's not a plated charger. As a realism argument this is pointless too. A horse is a large and sturdy creature weighing 500kg-1000kg. If it runs you over, you are going to get hurt (which happens in-game if you wear little armour, which I appreciate), but it will not get hurt at all unless you try to hurt it, aka swing your weapon at it as it runs you over. The worst that can happen is that it'll have a sore chest. I mean, imagine a seasoned rugby player charge an average person repeatedly. Even if that person wears armour, the rugby player won't really get hurt.
  • Disable/alter bleeding. Especially for horses. There is NOTHING more annoying than running over a single enemy with your horse, taking 5% reflective bump damage, and have that trigger bleeding which a minute later ends up killing your horse. While I understand bleeding/crippling as a mechanic, I don't want to take a glancing sword hit to my chest that hardly manages to interrupt my character and suddenly realize I have a major arterial bleeding that will kill me unless I happen to run into a teammate with a medkit.
  • 'Fix' being 'crippled' while on a horse suddenly and magically making your horse go as slow as a crippled person on foot would. Only the beforementioned issues are moreannoying than riding around on a horse while bleeding and suddenly reaching the 'cripple' HP point and have your horse instantly drop to a crawl.
  • 'Fix' one-handed weapon. Currently every decent one-handed weapon except the swords have been turned into hand-and-a-half weapons, making them 25% slower to use with a shield. If one desires to use a shield and anything else than a sword with the intention of hurting people wearing more than mail armour, he has the choice over an assortiment of 85 speed, 25 damage, 55 range axes, maces and picks. Compare this to the average hand-and-a-half pick/mace/axe that has on average 90 speed, 35 damage, and 70 range. That's a gap of 10 damage. I mean, the two nearly indentical 'warhammers' that have about exacty the same model differ a baffling 13 swing damage! The hand-and-a-half one also quite a bit longer and faster. Either remove the penalty for these weapons when used with a shield, or much rather, change them into one-handed weapons with a secondary 2h mode (even though that's difficult for those already having an alternate mode)
  • Decrease the chances for misfires. It's not at all oncummon for any user of a firearm to have 4-5 misfires in a row on a clear and sunny day.
  • Upkeep. A person in medium armour with a single decent weapon should be allowed to make money.
  • The great lance needs to be made couch only immediately. It's always been a retarded and twonky weapon when allowed to stab, and it only gets worse in this mod to have full plate guys on full plate horses twonk with them. Make them choose between a long couching lance or a shorter stabbing lance that can do both.
  • Severely limit grenades. Right now in the TDM server they are being spammer without end and they are being used as a free ticket out of being killed by cavalry, because horses rear due to grenades. When a guy gets cornered he just whips out a grenade and suicides, killing everyone nearby, and this is just killing the immersion big time.

Yep. There really is no place for dedicated one-handers in this mod as it is. Human nature unforunately dictates that we are drawn to the method that makes things easiest for us. Like in so many other mods, two-handers reign supreme, because they are simply both powerful and fast, which is sad because the majority of soldiers back then did not use crazy two-handed weapons. I suggest that to reflect that, make two-handed weapons more expensive to upkeep, or something along those lines, perhaps along with those specific suggestions Roran made.

2h's ussually get rarer when there are alot of crossbows, bows and muskets. But abit higher 2h upkeep wouldn't hurt , as soon as the upkeep gets fixed.

Eh, I guess.

Whille we are on the topic of sprint. A solution to make it less OP, is (obviously) make it slower, but maybe adding a 2-3 second gap where you can't attack right after sprinting?

I updated the list, and especially the grenadespam is just painful. The entire enemy team has grenades atm, a free killfor every single one of them.

EDIT: Removing them from the mod would be best in fact.

so basically you want 2 handed to be an "elite" class because people like to play it?
how about cavalry then? i saw more plated charger this evening than in 3 years of crpg lol.
i'm not talking about balancing because we didn't play too much battle mode but you must admit cavalry is and will be an awesome support for the team.
better to think about the major problems (which guika already knows) like super speed , bombs and bleeding to death rather than start to complain about single classes at the moment.
If Devs are going to listen to all the complaints about for example : " this x weapon is too powerful" they are going to be mental in a month or so.
When battle/siege are going to be populated you can see the problem in balance , not now in tdm when you earn money without a loss.
that said , hope to see people on battle servers soon because tdm is funny yes but i think it's not the core of the mod.

Roran 13 said:
I updated the list, and especially the grenadespam is just painful. The entire enemy team has grenades atm, a free killfor every single one of them.

EDIT: Removing them from the mod would be best in fact.

There was a bug where team deathmatch had no upkeep. Grenades are freaking expensive, impossible to upkeep if you use it regularly.

radament said:
so basically you want 2 handed to be an "elite" class because people like to play it?
how about cavalry then? i saw more plated charger this evening than in 3 years of crpg lol.
i'm not talking about balancing because we didn't play too much battle mode but you must admit cavalry is and will be an awesome support for the team.
better to think about the major problems (which guika already knows) like super speed , bombs and bleeding to death rather than start to complain about single classes at the moment.
If Devs are going to listen to all the complaints about for example : " this x weapon is too powerful" they are going to be mental in a month or so.
When battle/siege are going to be populated you can see the problem in balance , not now in tdm when you earn money without a loss.
that said , hope to see people on battle servers soon because tdm is funny yes but i think it's not the core of the mod.

Surgeon kit will be usable on self in a few hours minutes so bleeding should be less frustrating and more tactical. Sprint is dam fast but you get used to it after a while, in real life people can get to you pretty fast.

Some big changes on the gold income and upkeep are being tested right now, should fix some issues.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

As suggested before, something has to be done about the balance of weapons. Everyone in this mod practically uses 2h swords because there's nothing they can't do. They have long range, they have massive killingpower, they have dazing speed.Thanks to their armour they have amazing survivability, and thanks to sprint they outrun horses on every terrain but perfectly flat.

The siege maps are in desperate need of rebalancing; every castle I've played so far has exactly one way in. Basically, the entire team charegs up two ladders and gets slaughtered over and over.Combined with upkeep forcing everyone into nakedness and peasant rags again this just boils down to "Charge into the insta-death 2h spam".

Upkeep is still way too harsh. I played a single siege round with light armour and a horse and I got 500 netto loss in that round alone. What's even worse, people can still dress however they want because they just leave at round's end, dodging all upkeep while keeping the gains. This results in one team being filled with non-stop leaving plated 2h spammers against a team of peasants that are forced to run up a single ladder into an invincible fury of two-handed weapons.

If one takes a musket it is impossible to carry leaden bullets, forcing you to either buy a pistol or stone bullets.

Back
Top Bottom